News Article: Sens sign forward prospect Josh Norris to an entry level contract

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Seeing how a team like St. Louis just eliminates space with big grinding players, Norris is the perfect add for an NHL team like Ottawa.

Might have 3rd line offensive talent but he’ll have top 6 hockey IQ, size and ability. With good wingers he’ll be a load to play against - kind of Jason Arnott / Mike Fisher type

Good add for Ottawa. Important player for this team

Reactions: Clayonator

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Seeing how a team like St. Louis just eliminates space with big grinding players, Norris is the perfect add for an NHL team like Ottawa.

Might have 3rd line offensive talent but he’ll have top 6 hockey IQ, size and ability. With good wingers he’ll be a load to play against - kind of Jason Arnott / Mike Fisher type

Good add for Ottawa. Important player for this team
As the centrepiece of the Karlsson trade management and ownership better hope he becomes an important player for this team.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
As the centrepiece of the Karlsson trade management and ownership better hope he becomes an important player for this team.

Keep in mind that Ottawa traded one season of EK65 to San Jose, AKA a rental trade, as he's going to become an UFA in just about two months.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

A two way Center who can handle any size match is super helpful tot he wingers like Batherson, Chucky, Balcers who need to have someone they can grow and make mistakes with.

Norris is a guy who in 2 years could play against Matthews, Malkin, Stankos. And those guys are IMP as valuable as any player on your team

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
As the centrepiece of the Karlsson rental trade management and ownership better hope he becomes an important player for this team.

Tierney and Norris playing Center.
Balcers playing a top 9 wing
Demeli playing 18 minutes
1st round pick
2nd round pick

It was EK for depth, but depth is important

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
1st round pick
2nd round pick

The beginning of the major divide between management/ownership and the fanbase needs to become more than just "depth".

Reactions: robsenz

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
1st round pick
2nd round pick

That's if they all reach their top end, correct?

The deal could look very bad if a guy like Demelo walks, Balcers busts and Norris doesn't progress beyond a 3rd line winger.

Depth is super important, just not at the expense of top line/top pairing players.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Ummmm, a tad off topic here, but the organization has become a joke on its own doing. You are making it seem like, we, the fans (you are included as a fan BTW) are the reason this org is a joke. Wrong, try again! Pretty sure signing Josh Norris "on-time" wouldn't change that a whole heck of a lot.

Welcome aboard Josh Norris! Hope you are ready for the FYOUS!

I think what he's pointing out is that not signing Norris was yet another factor in why the "fans" were labelling the team a joke.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
That's if they all reach their top end, correct?

The deal could look very bad if a guy like Demelo walks, Balcers busts and Norris doesn't progress beyond a 3rd line winger.

Depth is super important, just not at the expense of top line/top pairing players.

I dont think those projections are top end predictions...

Balcers may not be a top 9 winger but he had a good start to his career and his upside looks to be top 6

DeMelo has been playing 18+mins a night and thats basically just high-end bottom pair minutes

Tierney and Norris will both play C or wing in the top 9, I think Norris could be a bonafide top 6er but d0nt think Tierney is an ideal player in that role

As for Norris, I think people under-sell his upside

I kinda wanted him to go back to NCAA and dominate for a season but he was by far the most effective goal scorer for U of M, had the best point pace, PK'd, played against top players, played PP... one think I have noticed about him that I havent seen mentioned much is the variety of ways in which he scores goals

He is a very effective slapshot option on the PP, and scored a lot of goals like that in college and at the world juniors

He is effective at getting behind DMen for breakaways as well as beating guys with his speed, and seems to have a high conversion rate on breakaways

He has a deceptive release and can transition from a passing position to a shot very quickly, making him hard to defend on 2-on-1s

He is a very effective net-front scorer, both in terms of finding space to make himself available for a pass as well as reacting to and outmuscling defenders for loose pucks/rebounds

He makes smart, simple passes but also has shown the ability to thread the needle and make high-IQ passes that require vision and timing

I see no reason why he wont be at least a 20-20 guy with good D and PKing, and I think he could surpass those totals and settle in as a 50-55 pt guy

Reactions: Slack and Icelevel

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
As the centrepiece of the Karlsson rental trade management and ownership better hope he becomes an important player for this team.

Well there is also the 2020 (Sharks) First Round Draft pick that was included.

Must still keep this rental trade in context ....... Ottawa traded one season of EK65 (top pairing) to San Jose for all those assets/depth.

Once EK65 signs elsewhere as an UFA, San Jose will have only Francis Perron to show for the trade.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Weird evaluation of the EK trade, everyone hated it when it shoo we’d but then EK got injured and now everyone thinks we won the trade.

Bizarre

Reactions: BatherSeason

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
Weird evaluation of the EK trade, everyone hated it when it shoo we’d but then EK got injured and now everyone thinks we won the trade.

Bizarre

When EK signs with someone else & not SJ this summer is when we "won the trade"

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Well there is also the 2020 (Sharks) First Round Draft pick that was included.

Must still keep this rental trade in context ....... Ottawa traded one season of EK65 (top pairing) to San Jose for all those assets/depth.

Once EK65 signs elsewhere as an UFA, San Jose will have only Francis Perron to show for the trade.
Was it worth close to a 50% decline in attendance, and an apathetic fanbase?? Seems like poor business practice to me.

Whether or not you agree with the return (which you will agree with everything this team does), the fracture and disconnect with the fans that began once Dorion stated that "even Gretzky was traded" probably cost Eugene Melnyk more money than it would have to sign EK, but then again, we wouldn't have Dylan DeMelo and his beautiful Movember moustache.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Bizarre

The idea that the winner or loser of a trade changes if Karlsson re-signs or not never made sense to me. I could buy that if he re-signed and they made the SCF opinions could change as it would mean an extra pick, but at this point, nothing changes for us.

At best, Karlsson leaving SJ just means they lost too imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad