3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Hope the guy is okay but I don't want this to make Smith second guess hitting guys down low like that. If both players are looking at each other like they did and both engage in physical play then it is what it is. Hopefully the league sees the play and determine that the penalties he received was enough and he doesn't get suspended.
Kind of like Kreids has toned down his game? The NHL really did affect Kreids play, me believes.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Kreider only tones down his game during the games when he's floating.
You know what I mean. Kreids was getting penalized for literally EVERYTHING, anytime he put anyone through the boards. The Price escapade only escalated the evaluation of Kreids and how much damage he "could do" to other teams superstars. I think AV more than mentioned "if you wanna get ice time" you had better tone it down. I think that's what I meant.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
You know what I mean. Kreids was getting penalized for literally EVERYTHING, anytime he put anyone through the boards. The Price escapade only escalated the evaluation of Kreids and how much damage he "could do" to other teams superstars. I think AV more than mentioned "if you wanna get ice time" you had better tone it down. I think that's what I meant.

I'm not saying he hasn't pulled back, but he was invisible for most of the game last night. He plays when he wants to play.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
0.jpg

You win Peter!

To be honest I found this post rather shallow and pedantic

Reactions: jacko23

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I actually like Nash Hayes Fast as a checking unit keep em together.

Zucc has his best game in weeks playing with miller and Grabner another line they should keep together.

My only problem now is Carey has no business playing in this league. None

Play Vesey with Nieves and Desharnais or do what we should have done two weeks ago. Bring Lettieri up and waive Carey.

Also hayes not playing on the powerplay is absurd when Vesey is the alternative. Kid can’t make a play. Hayes is an offensive player. This shouldn’t be hard

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, a solid point @Kovalev27 - I would like to see Lettieri as well on that 4th line in near future. My only concern is his TOI since he is only 22 and need good TOI to improve his skills. And I don`t know how good it`s for Vinni Lettieri development if AV is not going to use him on the 4th line all the time, and if he just train with Rangers or sit out for too many NHL games.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
I've kinda been an anti-win/anti AV guy this season, but if winning means Desharnais and Kampfer stay out of the lineup then I hope they win every single game from now on.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
4th line was outstanding last night. DD might be ok there too but it shouldn't prevent the FO to bring Lettieri up from Hartford - he earned his shot and hopefully will take over the spot.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
4th line was outstanding last night. DD might be ok there too but it shouldn't prevent the FO to bring Lettieri up from Hartford - he earned his shot and hopefully will take over the spot.

I agree. They were arguably the best line 5 on 5 in the first period. Nieves was very good, and Carey made a couple of nice plays in the offensive zone. Vesey was being Vesey. Flashes of good here and there but generally lackluster dishing the puck. Hope he can continue to improve. I'm glad DD was a healthy scratch. He needs some work on his game.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Good to see Hank get a shutout. Feel like hes working hard at getting back his mojo.

Nash also deserves some mention. Played a solid game. Created chances.

Reactions: Ori

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hank is on pace to play over 70 games this season as a 36 year old. I get that the team needs points now, but I don't see that as sustainable at his age. He's not Brodeur.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hank is on pace to play over 70 games this season as a 36 year old. I get that the team needs points now, but I don't see that as sustainable at his age. He's not Brodeur.

According to nevesis, that shouldn't be a problem because Lundqvist said he plays better in the post-season if he plays a lot in the regular season. Which I think is BS.

Let's look at the no of games played in the regular season and his sv% in the play-offs:
72 GP: .909
70 GP: .924
70 GP: .908
68 GP: .917
65 GP: .867
63 GP: .927
62 GP: .931
57 GP: .927
53 GP: .835 (rookie season)
46 GP: .928
43 GP: .934 (shortened season)

Reactions: Ori