Sens, Pre-season Champions. Habs lose 4-2

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
Methot would be on our lineup no doubt

As for DLR why do some of you guys think its such a bad thing if he goes to the AHL. I think he will be a better player in 3-4 years if he gets some AHL time, give him a bigger role, offensive opportunities and let him blossom, he needs to have the puck on his stick to figure out what he can and cant do on the smaller ice to generate offense. Being kept in the NHL at 19 yo because of your defensive game can be an absolute confidence killer in terms of offensive game, it kills creativity, think Couturier, he barely improved since his rookie season, sure he's useful, but is he the best he could be? Doubt it. I dont think he will develop offensive creativity in the NHL right now, I just wish we had another coach than Lefevbre in Hamilton.

DLR will be the 1st callup he'll get there soon anyway.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
DLR absolutely needs to go to the AHL.. just because he doesn't make many mistakes doesn't mean he should be up here. For the most part all training camp he was neutral, he did nothing good and he did nothing bad.

I'd much rather have him in the AHL playing big minutes and seeing if he can develop his offense to the point he could be a 2nd line player.

I'm a-scared they'll F him up down there :help:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
what made management go: gilbert, that's the guy we need in our back 6.

i'm failing to see any positives for having him back there, in all three zones, at moving the puck, special teams, everything.

i keep looking for positives, nothing. cannot find anything.
Simple.. it's not so much Gilbert, but the style of player he is. MB wants a team that can move the puck.

Plays need to happen on your stick. The puck just can't come off your stick and die like they did with Gorges. That's why they like Tinner.. before this pre-season, he could move the puck decently for a big crease clearing guy. Same with Emelin. It's just a shame, they're supposed to be defensive guys but... they suck.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Simple.. it's not so much Gilbert, but the style of player he is. MB wants a team that can move the puck.

Plays need to happen on your stick. The puck just can't come off your stick and die like they did with Gorges. That's why they like Tinner.. before this pre-season, he could move the puck decently for a big crease clearing guy. Same with Emelin. It's just a shame, they're supposed to be defensive guys but... they suck.

It might be a good idea to impliment a game plan to go along with that brilliant puck movement we haven't seen yet? :help:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I just remembered that I thought I saw Cowen squirt Subban from the bench.

Did he? And if so, how classless was it(on a scale of 1-10 Subbans)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad