Post-Game Talk: SENS & PENS, Monday in Halifax 6pm. (TSN5)

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Chabot was good
Chartier was good
Korpi was a wall

Hope Tarasenko picks it up as we get closer to the season

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Chris Neil is a unicorn. We might never see another in Sens jersey again.
1696294523235.gif

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We did as well as we can under the circumstances, but it sucks when reffing takes center stage like it did tonight. Hard to assess the game. Definitely loving Korpi so far though.

Reactions: DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great defensive win for Ottawa tonight, these are the kind of games they need to win to make the playoffs & contend. Korpisalo with a really solid game something else Ottawa needs is good stable goaltending & good defensive play. Tkachuk is starting to turn into that thoroughbred we all thought he could, he's going to be very hard to play against.

If Norris doesn't return they should try Batherson at centre, he's got the speed, size, he can drive a line & handle the puck, he's an excellent playmaker & he can score. I'd consider putting him inbetween Kubalic & Tarasenko putting Tarasenko back on RW where he is most comfortable.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Kubalik - Batherson - Tarasenko
Greig - Pinto - Joseph
Smejkal - Kastelic - MacEwan/Kelly/Bailey

This could be an interesting top nine.

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Kubalic - Norris - Tarasenko
Smejkal - Pinto - Batherson
Kelly - Kastelic - MacEwan/Bailey

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
I understand its preseason but tonight we won a game against a good team who had all their regulars and where the refs gave them 6 PPs to NONE and we blank them 3-0. I'm telling you guys if Fors and Korpi stay healthy all season long I like our chances of making the playoffs.

Great defensive win for Ottawa tonight, these are the kind of games they need to win to make the playoffs & contend. Korpisalo with a really solid game something else Ottawa needs is good stable goaltending & good defensive play.
Totally agree with you aragorn!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He's cooked.

Thank god he turned down the 22M/4YR offer from us.

He'll probably provide good 2nd line quality play this year but he's declined and the trend is unlikely to be reversed with his skating being the primary issue.

Yet another case of our pro scouting staff being years behind when evaluating talent.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thank god he turned down the 22M/4YR offer from us.

He'll probably provide good 2nd line quality play this year but he's declined and the trend is unlikely to be reversed with his skating being the primary issue.

Yet another case of our pro scouting staff being years behind when evaluating talent.
Big NAME Hunting.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm not taking one side or another with Tarasenko, but spending basically a quarter of the game on the bench because of the PK, and no PP time, doesn't help.

What did Kubalik do?
Nothing. Kubalik looks really good against other teams C teams.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hope they actually play best players ... Bailey Kelly McEwan should get cut

Jarvis Greig and Smejkal should make it
Jarventie needs to keep developing in the AHL.

I’m torn on Greig, he can play at this level but I’m thinking another 1/2 season in the AHL could be good for him.

Smejkal should make the team easily.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nothing. Kubalik looks really good against other teams C teams.
You are becoming the preseason hot take king

Playing with Chartier and Joseph tonight

As opposed to Jarventie and Batherson .. or more talent in other words.
Give him a C and a W to work with and he looks good.
No PK time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad