Post-Game Talk: SENS & PENS, Monday in Halifax 6pm. (TSN5)

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Batherson looks like he’s back to pre-Dell form.
Yes, looks like it. Good news.

I wasn't surprised to see Sokolov or JBD getting waived. I was going to mention that in the previous post, but forgot.

Sokolov just didn't have the pace to play in the NHL. His hands were OK, but his speed just wasn't NHL level imho. I see both JBD & Sololov as AHL/NHL tweeners. JBD might catch on somewhere as he's a RD.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Don't understand the Tarasenko slander. Guy is without a doubt not trying out there and his shot is blistering and missed the net a few times that could have easily been darts if he was in proper form.

He looks pretty slow out there thus far, that's all.

If Batherson, Stutzle and Tkachuk have been especially impressive, Tank has not been.

That's ok, these games don't matter. Still, I'd like to see him play in the same position he's played since 2016.

Reactions: DrEasy and Bileur

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He looks pretty slow out there thus far, that's all.

If Batherson, Stutzle and Tkachuk have been especially impressive, Tank has not been.

That's ok, these games don't matter. Still, I'd like to see him play in the same position he's played since 2016.
He was lined up on the right side a lot last night.

Reactions: NyQuil

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Five PPs. One was a double. It was pretty obvious that the Pengoons were supposed to win. So many soft calls against the Sens, especially the tripping call against Stu and so many whistles omitted against Pitt.

I still think we were the better team despite what the stats say. Our offensive chances were higher quality. Batherson was amazing.
You know that Stutzle tripping penalty was soft when the color guy has to take a big pause to gather his thoughts about how critical of it he wants to be. Also, how does a team in the preseason not take a single penalty? The count of those games must be like perfect games in baseball.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
You know that Stutzle tripping penalty was soft when the color guy has to take a big pause to gather his thoughts about how critical of it he wants to be. Also, how does a team in the preseason not take a single penalty? The count of those games must be like perfect games in baseball.

It's funny because the ref didn't want to call it and then saw the 2 on 0 developing because Karlsson was gambling as the last man back and called it at that point.

That kind of indecisiveness was absurdly and hilariously obvious even in real-time.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I'll have to remember this game next time we are losing and getting way more of the pk's and I am thinking of complaining: how are we supposed to win if we get all the penalty calls? Well, like this game ill have to remind myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad