GDT: Sens @ Panthers | Friday, Nov. 28 | BB&T | 7:30PM EST | TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We have some good peices. No excellent peices. No peices that we look at and say "damn. That's our guy". We need something done. Get that guy out there. We need that if we plan on taking the next step these kinds if players force the other team to sit back when they're on the ice. Teams just don't fear Turris and MacArthur from an offensive standpoint. Not when you have top lines playing against them.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
This roadtrip sucks.

We lack talented forwards. We are too soft. More intensity please.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Losing spezza is really showing

Very little possession by our centres we have a number 2 centre playing in a number 1 role and a supposed number 2 in the press box

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I don't see how a new coach would do much better with this team, to be honest. Not saying that to defend Maclean, either. He's an average coach. Nothing special, nothing awful.

We're an odd team full of odd parts. Not quite "Island of Misfit Toys", but this team has been built with a budget in mind, and as a result we're an amalgamation of cheap signings and cheap parts who may be good players in different systems, but there's almost no chemistry anywhere on this team outside of Turris-MacArthur.

I agree with all of this, but perhaps it looks even more discombobulated because the coach can't put a proper system together that is fit for his players?

Also, signings like Michalek, Greening and Legwand really hurt us given how low our internal cap is. We could have signed some actually decent players at the salary those three are making.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Great game guys you got some really exciting players in Hoffman,Stone,Ceci etc all the best cheers!

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Pathetic effort by most of the team tonight. It looked like they didn't even want to be there. They wasted a brilliant game by Anderson

The Illusive Man

Oct 8, 2010
Ottawa
Great game guys you got some really exciting players in Hoffman,Stone,Ceci etc all the best cheers!

tumblr_inline_mvlt5z1Lli1rl27e0.gif

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Night and day from the Blues game. It's like they can't get it up for an arena that empty.

This is what I don't get. How can this team be so Jekyll and Hyde? I guess you can blame coaching, but it seems like the whole team was lacking focus and effort. Just doesn't make sense how they can play so differently one night to the next.

Jan 24, 2006
Ottawa
Bad game by most of the team. Anderson was the only great player tonight. Not much help. No urgency by the team. Bad game to lose with no luongo in nets either.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
bad game tonight, no intensity, no structure, no cohesion...

Panthers are playing a very good game though but no reason Sens shouldn't be as angry to win.

1 trio is efficient : Condra-Legwand-Neil

3 absent trios gives a LOT of work for the defense and Andy

Add no hustle, no covering man in own zone, bad line changes, out worked!

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
This is what I don't get. How can this team be so Jekyll and Hyde? I guess you can blame coaching, but it seems like the whole team was lacking focus and effort. Just doesn't make sense how they can play so differently one night to the next.

It's about match-ups. The Oilers are beating the Blues right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad