GDT: Sens @ Panthers | Friday, Nov. 28 | BB&T | 7:30PM EST | TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
bad game tonight, no intensity, no structure, no cohesion...

Panthers are playing a very good game though but no reason Sens shouldn't be as angry to win.

1 trio is efficient : Condra-Legwand-Neil

3 absent trios gives a LOT of work for the defense and Andy

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I don't see how anyone can look at how we're playing tonight and not blame coaching, at least partially. They're playing as if it was their first game ever together.

I don't see how a new coach would do much better with this team, to be honest. Not saying that to defend Maclean, either. He's an average coach. Nothing special, nothing awful.

We're an odd team full of odd parts. Not quite "Island of Misfit Toys", but this team has been built with a budget in mind, and as a result we're an amalgamation of cheap signings and cheap parts who may be good players in different systems, but there's almost no chemistry anywhere on this team outside of Turris-MacArthur.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We have so many good pieces and potential... I think something needs to be done. We've burned through so many coaches, it feels ridiculous to do it once again, but it looks like the biggest problem. Most of the building blocks for a good team are there, but the lack of structure is the biggest problem.
It seems obvious enough. I just don't get why it has been the same structure problem for so long. Actually for a while clouston had a good system going.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
We have so many good pieces and potential... I think something needs to be done. We've burned through so many coaches, it feels ridiculous to do it once again, but it looks like the biggest problem. Most of the building blocks for a good team are there, but the lack of structure is the biggest problem.

We need better players (which can include our young players getting better), if we can realistically expect better results. We are a young and inconsistent team, with little high end talent. That is what is on full display tonight.

The good news is that we generally win more games than we really should do.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
They didn't deserve this one and Florida did.
Too much fun in the sun, too lackadaisical.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
bad game tonight, no intensity, no structure, no cohesion...

Panthers are playing a very good game though but no reason Sens shouldn't be as angry to win.

1 trio is efficient : Condra-Legwand-Neil

3 absent trios gives a LOT of work for the defense and Andy

That's pretty much the summary there X.

The Illusive Man

Oct 8, 2010
Ottawa
We have some good pieces and some not very good pieces.
Lowest payroll in the league and a lot of players with very little NHL experience.

Yeah, I didn't mean to make it sound like we should be some top-tier team. But it's painful to watch this team sometimes and I don't think the individual players are as bad as the system makes them look like.

My point is more or less, without Andy and Lehner's stellar play, we would be one of the worst teams in the league for sure. I don't think that should be the case.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Two really bad games against the Panthers. Lucky to get one win against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia