Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Nucks, Nov. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Doesn't seem like a good idea to trade a 21 year old, give him more time and cut his ice time if necessary.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If we got to pick our lines I'd go with:
Mac-Turris-Ryan
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Greening-Smith-Chiasson
Michalek-Zibanejad/Legwand-Neil

I would like to see those lines too, as the Greening-Smith-Chiasson might be a tough line to play against and might help each of those players to get going. The 4th line is where those 3 or 4 guys might work out their difficulties this year.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We lost 2 faceoffs in OT and really never really got the puck back for any length of time. The two times we were able to get the puck off their stick we gave it right back to them with a turnover (I believe the first was Legwand and the second Phillips). 4 on 4 can be deadly when you don't have the puck and don't move your feet quick enough (or anticipate well enough) to steal the puck.

Kid line needs more minutes & they are exactly what our roster needed - a scoring threat from our third line. We didn't get that from the Greening/Condra black holes of offense last year. Kid line should really see second line minutes at this point, they've earned it. Zibby needs to get it going in the offensive end - being good in your own zone is fine, but he can perform at both ends. Still young and developing though, at least he's good defensively so he doesn't hurt us out there.

Not digging Phillips out there last night, very rough outing for him. Hope it was just a blip and not a sign of things to come. Biron's commentary on his defense of the Burrows goal was hilarious - "defending no-one"

Unfortunately, Phillips performance the last couple of years was a sign of things to come. He has been better for some games this year, but I fear he will revert back to his declining ways. I hope not, but aging veterans tend to decline, not improve, during the mid to late thirties.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Why is Greening a scratch for the Sens? Is he hurt? That seemed strange to me. A real versatile player, good size, good skating, every time I see him play he's working his tail off out there. Was looking forward to seeing him play.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Why is Greening a scratch for the Sens? Is he hurt? That seemed strange to me. A real versatile player, good size, good skating, every time I see him play he's working his tail off out there. Was looking forward to seeing him play.

3rd round pick no takebacks.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

If you really want to see him play - in a Canucks jersey, perhaps? - he can be had for the low, low price of absolutely nothing. Or literally any contract on your team that you want to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad