Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Nucks, Nov. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Disgusting OT....

Zibenajad or Michalek... one needs to be benched. Zero offence from these guys. I'd rather see Condra & Pageau in the lineup.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
If the refs can call Neil for a hook from ****ing centre ice and disallow a goal because of it, I don't see how the **** they don't call the Canucks for the blatant hooks and interference against Turris in overtime. What a load of ****.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
ceci was pretty bad tonight

boro also had a poor play on the mattias goal

phillips also had some skechy plays

not a good game by the team except andy

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
ceci was pretty bad tonight

boro also had a poor play on the mattias goal

phillips also had some skechy plays

not a good game by the team except andy

Hoffamn/Lazar/Stone?

Turris was up & down.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Disgusting OT....

Zibenajad or Michalek... one needs to be benched. Zero offence from these guys. I'd rather see Condra & Pageau in the lineup.

i thought Michalek and Ryan were good in the back half

didnt notice zibby....actually havent noticed him all season

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
On the bright side we sucked but got a point and played well after getting scored on: it wasn't all bad

The Canucks are pretty impressive though! Kesler being gone means I can like them again

It's been a long time

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
i thought Michalek and Ryan were good in the back half

didnt notice zibby....actually havent noticed him all season

Zibenajad needs to bring some intensity to his game ffs...if he's not ready, then he's not ready. Send him down get him playing better hockey and substitute him for someone else.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
lol @ Anderson not getting a star at the arena. It doesn't matter too much but his save % that game was a poor reflection of how much he kept the team in it. Dude stood on his head and they came up enormously short.

Should have been a 6-3 game but a point is a point.

Turris, Ceci, Cowen and Hoffman were the only competent players not named Craig Anderson in a Sens jersey tonight

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Quite frankly, this team won't go far with the likes of Michalek and Phillips playing prominent roles. You can say Zibanejad disappeared all you want but no matter what linemates Michalek plays with... he kills that line. Phillips screwed up constantly and his pace of game is just too slow.

Anderson was a rock.

Karlsson had his best defensive game of the season.

4 shots, 27 minutes, 0 GV 2 takeaways(he had a lotttt more). Very encouraging, especially against a team who are ruthless in cycle game and along boards like Vancouver.

Kids line was terrific but at the end the day, we could not overcome Zibanejad not being able to carry both himself and Michalek. Ryan was ok.

That Legwand line is useless. Pageau would generate a million times more offense. Pageau+Condra instead of Legwand/Neil.

I'll be the 1st to say it:

EK was brutal.

Wtf type of game you were watching? He was stellar defensively. Offensively he was double teamed almost all the time yet he still made some nice rushes and created good offense. Obviously not as much as you'd wish but he was our best player tonight not named Anderson.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Team was dead tired that obvious from puck drop, it was out of there hands. It wasn't because a lack of effort, in fact coming back and tying it on three separate occasion would go against what your claiming.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i dont get why people are hating on michalek the problem with that line is zibanejad

that is very clear.... the min you put legwand there that line looks decent

the play dies on zibanejads stick which is concerning when he is the center

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
It was disappointing to lose even though we didn't have much business being in overtime in the first place.

- kid line was fantastic, it is only a matter of time before they are given more icetime (at least we can hope)
- Thought Cowen was solid and I like seeing him jump up a bit, also thought Karlsson wasn't too bad either on the defensive end
- I don't mind the line of Smith/Legwand/Neil if it's the 4th line and they get 4th line minutes. Biggest issue is speed and they are an expensive 4th line for a small budget team.

I will end of agreeing with most negative comments so I won't bother touching on those.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
i dont get why people are hating on michalek the problem with that line is zibanejad

that is very clear.... the min you put legwand there that line looks decent

the play dies on zibanejads stick which is concerning when he is the center

Michalek has literally killed almost every line he has been on. The only line he hasn't was probably the Michalek-Smith-Lazar line.

Zibanejad isn't good but Michalek misses the simplest of passes, loses almost every board battle(tonight he was pretty good though) and he makes the stupidest decisions on who to man on the forecheck. He plays extremely safe which makes it harder for his linemates out there.

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
Enjoyed the game overall. Aside from how poorly we played in the first half, it was a good time.

Way more sens fans than I expected to see. Big group of them in 301 or 302 starting chants. I feel like go sens go was chanted almost as much as the canucks chants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad