Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Nucks, Nov. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
phillips has stepped up huge this season

would easily put him in over cowen/boro when Meth comes back

phillips didnt have a strong game BUT its funny that Boro got walked and Ceci had a poor play in ot which both led to a goal and yet ppl think Phillips was the worst

It's funny how people only see a bad play that a defenseman makes if we get scored on. Phillips gave up the puck 5 times in bad situations that didn't get scored on. He sent Vancouver in on a two on one with a horrible pass up the middle of the ice but since we didn't get scored on, it must not have been a bad play.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
It's funny how people only see a bad play that a defenseman makes if we get scored on. Phillips gave up the puck 5 times in bad situations that didn't get scored on. He sent Vancouver in on a two on one with a horrible pass up the middle of the ice but since we didn't get scored on, it must not have been a bad play.

Pretty much. Like I said he dodges bullets left and right. The only thing he has done well this year is hugging his man against the boards

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Not sure why all the negativity.

Sens gave up their travel day to squeeze in a game. They lost a day when travelling to the west coast, yet still gutted out an OT point. Against a team that is hot. Like, what is wrong with that?

Would I like a win? I would love a win. But I also like my goalie playing unbelievable, my teammates coming back three times after being scored on...and I know when it was 1-0 people thought , "ok game over", because I did! For sure at 2-1, and 100% belief when the Canucks made it 3-2.

Ease up, if you want to be upset, think of the games at home, like the Toronto game. Not this one. We got a point, some of our young players continue to bring it, Turris is scoring again, Cowen is looking like the stud that he was years ago, there are far too many positives following a gutsy performance.

Just Zibanejad was underperforming and I would rather he be scratched.

Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoff-Lazar-Ryan
Michalek-Pageau-Chiasson
Smith-Legwand-Neil

Zibby is killing his line, Stone needs more minutes, Ryan should play with the young guys as he has the head for it plus Lazar is getting the puck to both side of the ice, and Pageau can skate and hustle with anyone in this league, perhaps a new French connection with Chiasson?

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Good point - I was really impressed with Vancouver's overall game. Their speed and puck movement are top notch, and when they are at home and they can get the Sedins the matchups they like, look out. Vancouver looked like a team heading down to Sabres/Oilers territory at the end of last year - it's incredible to see them turn it around so fast. If they keep getting the goaltending from Miller, they are a legitimate darkhorse threat in the West. (Oh, and if Vancouver could figure out how to make Shawn Matthias play that way all the time, they would have an absolute gem on their hands. Not many 6'4" guys can wheel like that.)

That great speed and puck movement is what made our defence look so bad. I thought that Boro and Ceci in particular had tough nights, as did Phillips. I thought that Cowen might have been the best Senators defenceman last night once again. Kyle Turris was our best forward, with Hoffman not far behind.

Bobby Ryan is working his @$$ off out there, doing all the right things at both ends of the ice, but just isn't getting any breaks. I have a feeling that he will break out soon, and when he does, the goals will start coming in bunches.

The change of coach has been very beneficial to them
That unknown deskardins is doing a great job
Sometimes unknown coaches ....

Nevermind

Ryan is doing all the right things out there
Showing a lot of heart despite his struggling at offense

Andy again earning us a point

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Forgot to mention how impressed I was with the Canucks, a huge 180 from last year. To be a Canucks fan and watch the Sedins play is truly a treat. Dizzying for me how they find each other, and Bonino is fitting in nicely. Their team speed is exceptional. Their defence is mobile and tough, you can see why Hamhuis is highly rated and scouted by Team Canada. Still not a Ryan Miller believer, maybe because Ottawa didn't seem to have too hard a time with him over the years, but in the right system he could take the far.

I think they are the best Canadian team right now.

DoughtyFace

May 9, 2012
Ottawa
I have no idea how he didn't make Sens roster. Probably victimized due to 1 ways. I think next time he's up, he's up for good.

I take him over Smith and Legwand easy.

Amen.

Imagine a Pag/Hoff PK unit.

I've always felt that Pag is a little disadvantaged by his line mates, he's usually skating with guys who are minimum 15 feet behind him. He needs speed around him.

Hopefully he's up a little bit this year.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Not sure why all the negativity.

Sens gave up their travel day to squeeze in a game. They lost a day when travelling to the west coast, yet still gutted out an OT point. Against a team that is hot. Like, what is wrong with that?

Would I like a win? I would love a win. But I also like my goalie playing unbelievable, my teammates coming back three times after being scored on...and I know when it was 1-0 people thought , "ok game over", because I did! For sure at 2-1, and 100% belief when the Canucks made it 3-2.

Ease up, if you want to be upset, think of the games at home, like the Toronto game. Not this one. We got a point, some of our young players continue to bring it, Turris is scoring again, Cowen is looking like the stud that he was years ago, there are far too many positives following a gutsy performance.

Just Zibanejad was underperforming and I would rather he be scratched.

Mac-Turris-Stone
Hoff-Lazar-Ryan
Michalek-Pageau-Chiasson
Smith-Legwand-Neil

Zibby is killing his line, Stone needs more minutes, Ryan should play with the young guys as he has the head for it plus Lazar is getting the puck to both side of the ice, and Pageau can skate and hustle with anyone in this league, perhaps a new French connection with Chiasson?

This was a tough thread to sift through to find some of the more sane takes on the game, thanks for this! Funny how people jump back and forth week to week hating on certain guys. FYI no game/season is ever perfect even for the Champs.

Don't get to high or too low folks and appreciate this team is entertaining to watch which is all we can ask for at the moment imo.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
I have no idea how he didn't make Sens roster. Probably victimized due to 1 ways. I think next time he's up, he's up for good.

I take him over Smith and Legwand easy.

I think Pageau is the logical next option at centre when Mika gets benched/shifted to the wing (sometime in the next 3 - 5 games?). He has the skating and puck skills needed to complement bigger, north/south wingers like Chiasson, Michalek (and Mika), and is super competitive. Best lines would be:

mac + turris + ryan
hoffman + lazar + stone
mika + pageau + chiasson
greening + legwand + michalek
[ condra as 13th fwd, trade smith, neil ??? ]

That's an expensive 4th line ($9m?) but they can always move up if they earn it!

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Just finished watching the game.

I didn't the Sens played. The Nucks just played really good.

Phillips has been quite bad the last 2 games. Too bad. He started out the season really strong.

Michalek was good in the 1st but then was invisible.

Zibanejad, where you at?

Ryan was good but needs to shoot.

Smith-Legwand-Neil is such a useless line. Cant generate offense or even a forecheck. Really slow too.

Anderson :bow:

Turris was the best forward but Hoffman-Lazar-Stone was far and away the best line.

Really missed Chiasson. He's a difference maker.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There's going to come a time here when Chris Neil is going to be a healthy scratch. That'll be tough, because he's a respected guy in the room and you can guarantee that he won't take it well. The reality is, though, that he is our weakest and most easily replaceable forward...

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I think Pageau is the logical next option at centre when Mika gets benched/shifted to the wing (sometime in the next 3 - 5 games?). He has the skating and puck skills needed to complement bigger, north/south wingers like Chiasson, Michalek (and Mika), and is super competitive. Best lines would be:

mac + turris + ryan
hoffman + lazar + stone
mika + pageau + chiasson
greening + legwand + michalek
[ condra as 13th fwd, trade smith, neil ??? ]

That's an expensive 4th line ($9m?) but they can always move up if they earn it!

In time if Zibby can't move the puck at centre:

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Zibanejad - Lazar - Stone
Hoffman - Pageau - Chiasson
Michalek - Legwand - Neil

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
This^

Heard the legwand line is VERY good in practice
No wander were having problems maclean tries to shelter them on the 4th line
Legwand could easily eat PP PK AND first line minutes
Enough with giving too much TOI to turris and kid line
We tried it but its not working
Time to rely on our good old veterans to take charge

Please say you are being sarcastic, or you are battlng a concussion and can't think clearly?

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
There's going to come a time here when Chris Neil is going to be a healthy scratch. That'll be tough, because he's a respected guy in the room and you can guarantee that he won't take it well. The reality is, though, that he is our weakest and most easily replaceable forward...

His line constantly gets pinned into his own end during his shifts, because he just floats around and doesn't play his position. It's frustrating and I don't know how the hell Maclean doesn't see it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
2 things I didn't like last night

- Neil's hooking penalty as we scored at the end of the first.
- Sens should of got a PP just before Sedin scored in OT.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If I'm Murray, I'm listening to offers on Zibenijad.

Trading him at an alltime low doesn't seem like a good move.

Throw him on the first line as a winger + give him a lot of PP-time, to rack up some Points and fool other GM:s that he's a first-liner, THEN trade him.

For Dan Cleary.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad