OT: Sens Lounge XCX: Posted to the limit, one more time edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Oooo car talk? Thoughts on the new Supra? I was disappointed mainly because I wanted to see Toyota give it a solo shot and not just make a BMW hybrid vehicle.

I have a 2018 Outback now, I absolutely love it for road trippin and camping and whatnot. Tis a beast in the snow as well. Probably out of all the cars I have owned I miss my Acura RSX-S the most.
Dude I had an Impreza and it was so awesome. It snowed probably close to 30cm over the last 2 days and I keep thinking about how much fun it would be. When I had it and it used to snow like this I would just take it for rips at night sometimes for something to do. So much control.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Dude I had an Impreza and it was so awesome. It snowed probably close to 30cm over the last 2 days and I keep thinking about how much fun it would be. When I had it and it used to snow like this I would just take it for rips at night sometimes for something to do. So much control.

Yeah I would love to get a wrx or STI still some day but I never know if it’s ever gonna top my priorities list nowadays when it comes to having to shell out cash, which I hate doing already. :laugh:

Hell I’ve been meaning to buy a kayak for like a year now and they’re not even that expensive and I still haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Oooo car talk? Thoughts on the new Supra? I was disappointed mainly because I wanted to see Toyota give it a solo shot and not just make a BMW hybrid vehicle.

I have a 2018 Outback now, I absolutely love it for road trippin and camping and whatnot. Tis a beast in the snow as well. Probably out of all the cars I have owned I miss my Acura RSX-S the most.
The new Supra is a joke. Completely underwhelming and has more propellers on it than Toyota badges underneath.

I like the Outbacks, especially on days like today. I have always had a healthy dose of respect for the Imprezas, even if they seemed to have lost they way in later years and versions.

The RSX-S was a screamer. What a phenomenal motor.

Of all the cars I have owned, I miss my '14 C63 507. It was my second C63, and was probably not ready to let go of my 2011, but my wife was terrified of it. In winter, when I was going to the rinks in the 4wd car, she was in that thing. I miss that car, the last of its era.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Things I've been planning to get for a dog's age - a working oven, a dang rug, maybe an armchair or two?

I think a working oven is worth the investment. :laugh:

I actually need a new one too, the oven in my house is a Kenmore from the 70s or 80s. I am just waiting to replace it when I redo the entire kitchen (hence not spending money on an STI).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

I actually need a new one too, the oven in my house is a Kenmore from the 70s or 80s. I am just waiting to replace it when I redo the entire kitchen (hence not spending money on an STI).

I'm in a rented apartment, the stove/oven belongs to the place but I've been here ten years and the latter part's been in steady decline at least half that time, and is currently essentially useless for anything besides broiling cheese, and even that takes a lot longer than it should. I've waffled between trying to get the owner to replace it and just doing it myself and have in the end settled on the latter. If they ever make me move out of here I'm basically screwed anyhow because rents have gone up like 100% so I don't even really want to draw attention to myself, but whatever, the stove will be mine and I'll just take it with me if that doomsday comes.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I'm in a rented apartment, the stove/oven belongs to the place but I've been here ten years and the latter part's been in steady decline at least half that time, and is currently essentially useless for anything besides broiling cheese, and even that takes a lot longer than it should. I've waffled between trying to get the owner to replace it and just doing it myself and have in the end settled on the latter. If they ever make me move out of here I'm basically screwed anyhow because rents have gone up like 100% so I don't even really want to draw attention to myself, but whatever, the stove will be mine and I'll just take it with me if that doomsday comes.
Speaking of armchairs I just picked up this bad boy.

DEREK Brown Armchair | Structube{campaign}&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIttffm_OE4AIVBBBpCh3MQwhtEAQYAyABEgL_NfD_BwE

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

If it's from the 70s, keep it! My home is barely 35 years old, and we're already on our 5th damned oven. They do not make appliances to last these days.

Reactions: Cosmix

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If it's from the 70s, keep it! My home is barely 35 years old, and we're already on our 5th damned oven. They do not make appliances to last these days.

Its definitely a tank but its time to put er down soon. Two of the stove top heater things (official term) go in and out all the time, and all of the knobs are completely faded so you just kinda wing it in regards to how hot you think something is. The actual stove you have to put something in at the right angle so it heats evenly as well. It's also not very aesthetically pleasing, and I am big into antiques and old items/furniture/etc. I like to repurpose a lot of that stuff actually as a hobby when I have time.

I think this stove is done though in the next year or two.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have a F150 crew cab .....And "hell no" I said to the dealer when he tried to push that blower 6 cylinder on me ...I have the 5.0 v8,my wife wanted the ruby red one I wanted the Black and silver...So its red...It honks along pretty good though

Red is the new black! Some say “a happy wife leads to a a happy life”. I think there is some truth to that wife’s saying. :)

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Looks pretty sweet,but for the love of god make a manual

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Fastest car I owned was my 1973 z28,it had an LT1 350 v8 straight out of a Corvette,with all the bells and whistles ....Incinerate tire on demand power,but very hard to put down ...I really dont think about buying another hot rod anymore as I get to play with big trucks all day,and have been a 4x4 pickup guy for awhile now...Just so many uses,loads of room and arent as bad on gas as they used to be at all

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Seeing Trevor Noah tomorrow night. Don't know anything about him. Anyone have any thoughts on his comedy?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Seeing Trevor Noah tomorrow night. Don't know anything about him. Anyone have any thoughts on his comedy?
I can't stand his shtick. Annoys me. All he has is Trump-related or cultural humour. Both overdone subjects.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I can't stand his shtick. Annoys me. All he has is Trump-related or cultural humour. Both overdone subjects.

It's comedy, you have to be there to enjoy it. Just thinking about it won't make you appreciate the timing and delivery which a lot of what makes comedy funny. Same thing with video games, you will never have as much fun thinking about a game than playing it.

This is something that forums and internet chatter has obscured.

Besides, Trump humour is just making fun of stupid, biggoted people. That will never not be funny.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It's comedy, you have to be there to enjoy it. Just thinking about it won't make you appreciate the timing and delivery which a lot of what makes comedy funny. Same thing with video games, you will never have as much fun thinking about a game than playing it.

Besides, Trump humour is just making fun of stupid, biggoted people. That will never not be funny.

His stuff is more "clapter" style comedy. Not so much really comedically creative but more crowd pleasing quips that inspire applause instead of laughter.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

If someone sucks they sucks. I've seen well known comics in person and they still sucked.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
His stuff is more "clapter" style comedy. Not so much really comedically creative but more crowd pleasing quips that inspire applause instead of laughter.

I don't really like Trevor Noah, he's fine and that's it, but I take exception to the notion that Trump and Cultural humour are overdone/out of style.

Reactions: stempniaksen

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I don't really like Trevor Noah, he's fine and that's it, but I take exception to the notion that Trump and Cultural humour are overdone/out of style.

I think it's more of a bandwagon thing. Much like popular forms of music, a lot of lesser talented people use it as an avenue to success because it's much easier to produce material for and much easier to get responses to.

There are definitely immensely talented people who have comedy routines in that sort of category, it's just difficult to separate them from a largely average-at-best field. I think Noah is one of those average ones.

Reactions: branch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad