OT: Sens Lounge XCX +1: NO POLITICS DAMNIT! edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I had you all beat in 86'.

ca-53w-1.jpg

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
451869-the-stars-are-aligned.jpg

And I “rocked” one of these. (Guess I was a nerd??)
Come on people, let’s see your craziest childhood watches. This could be fun no?

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Captain Marvel was pretty good!

Best Stan Lee cameo yet. No one else I was with seemed to get it, making feel very old :(

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Best Stan Lee cameo yet. No one else I was with seemed to get it, making feel very old :(

Oh, I got it.

I agree it was lost on like 90% of the theater I was in today, but I was giddy when I saw it. I grew up with those early Kevin Smith movies... I think I am exactly the target demographic for that reference, haha.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Come on people, let’s see your craziest childhood watches. This could be fun no?

The earliest watch I can remember owning that was a step above the "don't spend too much money because he's 12 and will just lose it anyways" random garage sale find or hand-me-down second-hand watch was probably in Jr High.

It was a Timex with an analog face that had that "Indiglo" glow in the dark feature. A Christmas gift from my uncle.

Kinda looked like this one, but not as "nice" as this one :laugh::

m_5b28364e534ef9f82ff21669.jpg

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I just came back from seeing Captain Marvel with the Mrs (thanks grandma for watching the baby!).

Totally missed the reference myself :facepalm:

Movie was good though. Been seeing mixed reviews from headlines for it, but I think it was fun and easily in the top half of the MCU movies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I begged for an omnibot for two xmas' in a row. Never got it. Too expensive.

But damn, that thing was cool. (Still is.)

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
anybody get that Climate Action Tax credit? Know what its about?

The description I read about it was that it's a credit that they're applying a year early for provinces that are going to be having carbon taxes imposed from the federal level.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I begged for an omnibot for two xmas' in a row. Never got it. Too expensive.

But damn, that thing was cool. (Still is.)
Hate to burst you childhood bubble but it was kinda of wack. It was a slow remote controlled walkie talkie. The only thing that made it slightly cool was that when you put a blank tape in you could "program" the robot to go from point A to point B by recording it on the tape. I got bored pretty fast with it.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
That tank/plane transformer is still kicking around my parents' basement! I feel like I knew someone who had an Omnibot and I was also underwhelmed when I saw it in real life, but dang is my memory fuzzy

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That tank/plane transformer is still kicking around my parents' basement! I feel like I knew someone who had an Omnibot and I was also underwhelmed when I saw it in real life, but dang is my memory fuzzy
I gave away all of my small transformers away when was 13 to my neighbours kids before we moved but kept all of my big ones. When Transformers the movie came out I sold them on eBay and made a killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad