OT: Sens Lounge XCX +1: NO POLITICS DAMNIT! edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
@PeterSidorkiewicz or other 'Merican people. Please send me some Red Hot Utz chips. I am addicted to the pain and bowel disturbances.

51bp7fJtTgL._SY355_.jpg

Please

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen these around but never tried em. I feel like we could pull off a deal here for some all dressed chips.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen these around but never tried em. I feel like we could pull off a deal here for some all dressed chips.
Say the word.

I feel like chips are possibly the worst thing to ship since they’re so light but take up so much space.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I know there are some watch guys on these boards. Anyone own a Panerai? I’m in love with the Luminor Marina and am thinking about pulling the trigger next Christmas.

I’d previously been drooling over an IWC but the Panerai is a better pricepoint and more versatile (e.g., waterproofing) to boot.
Gorgeous watch, the Luminor Marina.

I have a Hamilton that is similar to that, X-Wind Automatic Chrono, more for that style , the khaki band looks great with suits. I feel I buy watches for different outfits, looks, etc...a suit watch, an everyday watch, a special occasion watch etc..

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Gorgeous watch, the Luminor Marina.

I have a Hamilton that is similar to that, X-Wind Automatic Chrono, more for that style , the khaki band looks great with suits. I feel I buy watches for different outfits, looks, etc...a suit watch, an everyday watch, a special occasion watch etc..

I love the look of that Hamilton. Very sharp.

I would one day like to have a robust watch collection but that isn’t really in the cards yet (at least if I’m being somewhat serious about financial responsibility). I wear a Breitling Superocean Heritage Chrono as my daily driver. It goes well with suits (which is my Mon-Fri) and pretty much any casual outfit I throw on when I’m clocked out. But the Panerai seems a bit more elegant and less showy, which is what I want out of my next watch.

The IWC is beautiful but extremely formal and would probably be a strictly work watch.

Edit: I think we have all dressed chips in the US now. Could swear I’ve seen them.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
You guys don't have ketchup or all-dressed?!

Lays actually makes all-dressed here now, but up until a few years ago, nope. We also have zero places that make a good butter tart.

It's also ridiculously hard to find real Canadian beacon, peameal. I really know of only one butcher shop that has it here.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I love the look of that Hamilton. Very sharp.

I would one day like to have a robust watch collection but that isn’t really in the cards yet (at least if I’m being somewhat serious about financial responsibility). I wear a Breitling Superocean Heritage Chrono as my daily driver. It goes well with suits (which is my Mon-Fri) and pretty much any casual outfit I throw on when I’m clocked out. But the Panerai seems a bit more elegant and less showy, which is what I want out of my next watch.

The IWC is beautiful but extremely formal and would probably be a strictly work watch.

Edit: I think we have all dressed chips in the US now. Could swear I’ve seen them.

I have a Tag Heuer daily driver, a Rolex Sub for special occasions, but would rather the Panerai over my Hamilton! That is super elegant in a suit, and very cool with a golf shirt. They are about 7 grand? The Breitling is big for my wrist! Anything over 42mm is pushing it for me

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I have a Tag Heuer daily driver, a Rolex Sub for special occasions, but would rather the Panerai over my Hamilton! That is super elegant in a suit, and very cool with a golf shirt. They are about 7 grand? The Breitling is big for my wrist! Anything over 42mm is pushing it for me

I think the Luminor Marina runs about $7,500. It’s a 44mm which is definitely on the big side. The IWC is pushing past $12,000 which is somewhat obscene.

My Breitling is actually only 42mm. Not sure if they still make it in this size tbh.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I know there are some watch guys on these boards. Anyone own a Panerai? I’m in love with the Luminor Marina and am thinking about pulling the trigger next Christmas.

I’d previously been drooling over an IWC but the Panerai is a better pricepoint and more versatile (e.g., waterproofing) to boot.
I had four Panerai at one point at the same time, if you want any sort of opinion I could help you out. I know it can be very overwhelming as there are soooo many models. I can give you insight in the differences of models and series as I do have some first hand knowledge. They are a beautiful italian fashion statement and have recently added new house movements. If you want to reach out for this I am all ears, love love love talking watches....its a sickness!

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I had four Panerai at one point at the same time, if you want any sort of opinion I could help you out. I know it can be very overwhelming as there are soooo many models. I can give you insight in the differences of models and series as I do have some first hand knowledge. They are a beautiful italian fashion statement and have recently added new house movements. If you want to reach out for this I am all ears, love love love talking watches....its a sickness!
Love the shamelessness here it brings me joy. Can I hang out too? I have a Fossil Neutra.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I was considering getting a Samsung Galaxy Watch (42mm), does that count?

I used to rock a Timex Ironman back in the day until it got swiped in a changeroom once.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I was considering getting a Samsung Galaxy Watch (42mm), does that count?

I used to rock a Timex Ironman back in the day until it got swiped in a changeroom once.

That does not count. However Seiko and Zenith have been making some nice watches.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
That does not count. However Seiko and Zenith have been making some nice watches.
Your right, Zenith for years has a very well made watch, and Seiko over the last ten years has really upped their brand, for not being swiss, they are very very good watches.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Much appreciated. I’ll send a private message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad