What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
A real treat to watch live as well!

Of course I ended up picking the Melbourne Demons as my team when I was down under in 2012 and they were horribly bad

I wonder how they are doing these days?

Oh no! They've been terrible for eons. But doing surprisingly well this season actually. Sitting 7th at the moment.

Would love to see a game live at some point... one for the bucket list.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
A real treat to watch live as well!

Of course I ended up picking the Melbourne Demons as my team when I was down under in 2012 and they were horribly bad

I wonder how they are doing these days?

When my Aussie friends (most from Melbourne) were trying to get me into AFL, I adopted their team, the Western Bulldogs.

Then they won a title.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I sunk my ship with the Adelaide Crows, who seem to be treading water year after year. Perfectly fitting for a Sens fan I'd say.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Both games today decided by penalty kicks, wow. As a newcomer to understanding this game, it's been my observation that the goalies will make a fake but more than 90% of the time guess to jump to the strong side of the kicker depending on the leg they shoot. These guys today did a bit of the opposite and it paid off. Maybe going high down the middle is the best track for penalties.

Still haven't picked a favourite team, Russia or Croatia don't seem to go for it enough.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I remember one time way back when...omni sen and i used to troll each others leaf lounge and met him in person too. and started a senslounge. I hope you guys are doing well....was missing Ottawa today

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
My sister got surprised married today and my 71 year old dad, who I had never seen drunk, stumbled into a fire pit (he ended up being fine)

The Yukon is the shit.

Reactions: Caeldan

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Both games today decided by penalty kicks, wow. As a newcomer to understanding this game, it's been my observation that the goalies will make a fake but more than 90% of the time guess to jump to the strong side of the kicker depending on the leg they shoot. These guys today did a bit of the opposite and it paid off. Maybe going high down the middle is the best track for penalties.

Still haven't picked a favourite team, Russia or Croatia don't seem to go for it enough.

Belgium

Pick Belgium

This is our year, it's gonna happen!!!!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I have to support Brazil or I'm probably divorced :D though Damn it's hard to like Neymar, at least most Brazilians it seems make fun of him too.

On another note. Someone's decided that they can take multiple steps and nearly cross a room while holding an object like a DVD case. And stand up in the middle of the floor from a squat without assistance!

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009

Law 14 of the game states: 'The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until the ball has been kicked.'

15 of the 19 penalties taken so far in the World Cup have broken this law but the refs did nothing.

Goalkeepers break the rules by leaving their lines early at penalties | Daily Mail Online

PS England all the way, until they lose.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Law 14 of the game states: 'The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts until the ball has been kicked.'

15 of the 19 penalties taken so far in the World Cup have broken this law but the refs did nothing.

Goalkeepers break the rules by leaving their lines early at penalties | Daily Mail Online

Honestly I think that rule is a bit silly and I am fine with a lax enforcement of it. Give the goalies more of a chance.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
What a game! Japan played excellent but the Belgian keeper saw they were trapped and made a smart play to move the ball as he did. Nice dummy by Lukaku

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I have to support Brazil or I'm probably divorced :D though Damn it's hard to like Neymar, at least most Brazilians it seems make fun of him too.

On another note. Someone's decided that they can take multiple steps and nearly cross a room while holding an object like a DVD case. And stand up in the middle of the floor from a squat without assistance!

We've got a baby that stands unassisted now!! And can stand up on her own. Walking is probably not too far off for us! And she's only just turned 9 months.

Mobile babies are a lot of work!

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Thanks bud. :) Was a pretty good one! Small, quiet family dinner, some household-y gifts that are more "useful" than "fun," and roommate took out the trash.

Oh god, I think this is what getting old looks like.

Welcome to the club

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
We've got a baby that stands unassisted now!! And can stand up on her own. Walking is probably not too far off for us! And she's only just turned 9 months.

Mobile babies are a lot of work!

I know right. Though mine today is staying home cause of a fever, woke up at like 1am last night, didn't fall asleep till 4am. Has now slept to noon so far. At some point I need to wake her up so she can burn off energy and hopefully sleep tonight! But I'd rather her just rest if she's a bit sick.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
Never being able to find Twisted Teas at the LCBO or Beer Store is becoming the biggest minor annoyance of my summer. I just wanna get twisted.
Every summer there are numerous shortages of all kinds of things. I don't get how these companies never see it coming and are never able to stock enough.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Every summer there are numerous shortages of all kinds of things. I don't get how these companies never see it coming and are never able to stock enough.

Running tight margins in a super competitive space. Can't afford to over produce.

Every summer there is always a new "it" beverage too that gets a big run put on it.

Remember when people went crazy for Bud Light Lime (of all things) for example?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
So I think my baby might be a vampire. Looks like her first tooth breaking out is gonna be a canine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad