OT: Sens Lounge XCVII: "Zorf; 21 times!" Edition

What is more satisfying?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Running tight margins in a super competitive space. Can't afford to over produce.

Every summer there is always a new "it" beverage too that gets a big run put on it.

Remember when people went crazy for Bud Light Lime (of all things) for example?

Yep. Inventory costs money.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Never being able to find Twisted Teas at the LCBO or Beer Store is becoming the biggest minor annoyance of my summer. I just wanna get twisted.

just by a bottle of vodka and some nestea mix, problem solved.

That said, not a fan of twisted teas, so perhaps someone who enjoys that stuff would have a differing opinion of "solved"....

I do like the Rickers red Raddlers though, might be a decent option for you if you haven't tried them (stay away from the bud swill)

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I was born there

But we aren't frogs, we are fries/waffles :laugh:

Great game, Belgium looks really good, nice system. I'm very new to understanding soccer but they look better to me than France and Russia. They've got a good chance.

As an another aside, my company did some business in Belgium so I got to go there for a bit. Beautiful country and some great culture. Very laid back, the entire country goes out for dinner and then drinks for the evening, "every single night".

The downside is this same laid back culture if you try to do business in that country. Nobody works hard and the crushing social taxes make it pretty much impossible for any company but restaurants and the government to actually make a profit.

Grand Place was an absolute blast, exquisite architecture and stores, then walk two streets over at night and it's heroin addicts everywhere. A complex country.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Something else about Belgium I could never get a handle on, the Walloons. I was very much trying to understand the history but every time I tried to approach the subject it seemed to evoke weird reactions, very emotional. I mistakenly thought it was something like Quebec's place in Canada but apparently not. I never could get them to discuss calmly over beers.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Belgium looks like a really cool country and is one of the ones in Europe I am most looking forward to. Where in Belgium were you born? Do you speak any Flemish or French?

Born in Anderlecht. Spent a lot of time there as a kid. French is my first language but I did not have any flemish friends

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Two things:

1) Vanilla vodka + diet orange crush soda is amazing and tastes just like a creamsicle.

2) Ready Player One may be the absolute worst movie ever made.

Reactions: 18Hossa

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
My friend and his wife are randomly in Europe on vacation this week for a couple weeks and they’re visiting Belgium. I know nothing about World Cup stuff but I have to imagine they lucked out pretty well? It’s gotta be crazy there I imagine.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
My friend and his wife are randomly in Europe on vacation this week for a couple weeks and they’re visiting Belgium. I know nothing about World Cup stuff but I have to imagine they lucked out pretty well? It’s gotta be crazy there I imagine.

I was in Rome when Italy beat Germany to reach the World Cup final in 2006.

I have never seen anything quite like it. Being surrounded by all these works of art and drunken buffoons was surreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad