• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
@Machinehead

Aside from Colorado, are there any good rush first teams still hanging around?

I'd imagine Edmonton falls into that group too.
Vancouver's first line can rush and Vegas is f***ing great at everything.

In the East, not really.

I know it's Toronto, but I don't know if I love Toronto for us. The other three teams (BOS, FLA, CAR) are all the type of teams we play well against because they're slow and ugly.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Nobody is ruining my victory lap so don't even try.

I read about stupid Tampa Bay in EVERY GDT and they might not even win a game.

You will deservedly feel my wrath.
Dude, have you watched any of the Florida-Tampa series? It could easily be 2-1 in favor of Tampa. The Rangers absolutely would have had problems with Tampa. Sorry to shit on your parade.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Tampa defense sucks. But kucherov has been terrible. That’s a major part to their success

Stamkos has actually looked great though.

Styles make matchups. Florida matched up well against Tampa. We match better against Florida imo. Tampa has our number

Saying you’re right based on that series is weird

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It was last year where he sucked. The year before he had 16 points in 20 games. Lets see what he does the remainder of the playoffs.

Considering his usage, 16 in 20 isn't good either.

I think there is legitimate worry here. Washington isn't good and if he can't run it up against them, why should anyone believe that he he can do it against teams that are actually good?

Now with the volume of penalties that have been called in this series (especially in the Caps favor) that shifts things a bit but he's gone 2 straight games with out a single SOG. He's gotten away from everything that made him successful in the RS and has now reverted to what he has been in the playoffs the last few years and that is NOT good.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010

In the East, not really.

I know it's Toronto, but I don't know if I love Toronto for us. The other three teams (BOS, FLA, CAR) are all the type of teams we play well against because they're slow and ugly.

@Machinehead defense like

f365eeaed269384221daa644b831fd9e.gif

and I'm here for it

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Panarins shooting the puck, it’s just not going in yet. I think he’s playing a bit more indecisive right now and just needs to be quicker, but also feel like lavi isn’t deploying that line as much at least partly because of penalties

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Tampa defense sucks. But kucherov has been terrible. That’s a major part to their success

Stamkos has actually looked great though.

Styles make matchups. Florida matched up well against Tampa. We match better against Florida imo. Tampa has our number

Saying you’re right based on that series is weird
It has nothing to do with matchups. Tampa sucks. They're Washington with one absurdly good winger.

Actually, they don't suck. They f***ing suck. They blow too. The Lightning are a bad hockey team.

Tampa does not have our number. They beat us when they were demonstrably the best team in the East two years ago. The time they beat us before that was NINE years ago. In the matchups since the 2022 series we're 5-1 against them.

Telling you Tampa was losing in the first round wasn't a prediction, it was reading you the weather.

Reactions: TheDirtyH and G46

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
""Considering his usage, 16 in 20 isn't good either.

I think there is legitimate worry here. Washington isn't good and if he can't run it up against them, why should anyone believe that he he can do it against teams that are actually good?""

Ugh. Please stop it. In the playoffs, the teams you play you have totally different mindsets. They are not going to play against the Caps the same way they will play vs Carolina, Florida and whoever. This is not the regular season.

Reactions: ncdoc

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Caps are playing Panarin like we're playing Ovi. It's at least opening up more ice for everyone else. That doesn't necessarily mean that he's making bad plays. He's got less time to make plays and I haven't seen any that was more horrible from Panarin as Wennberg's giveaway right in front of Shesty.
Panarin looks engaged. He's not loafing. I do think the physical back-and-forth with Oshie has gotten into his head. He's gripping too tight. Glad that his teammates are picking him up.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Considering his usage, 16 in 20 isn't good either.

I think there is legitimate worry here. Washington isn't good and if he can't run it up against them, why should anyone believe that he he can do it against teams that are actually good?

Now with the volume of penalties that have been called in this series (especially in the Caps favor) that shifts things a bit but he's gone 2 straight games with out a single SOG. He's gotten away from everything that made him successful in the RS and has now reverted to what he has been in the playoffs the last few years and that is NOT good.
You were shitting on him after 2 games. Cmon man. Washington is focused on stopping him big time. Nobody is lighting up the scoreboard btw. The Rangers leading scorer has 2 goals. Fox has 1 assist. It's been that kind of series. I will reserve judgement after the playoffs are over.

Reactions: FUZfan

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
you just said if he let up or is smaller it wouldn't be called.
Right, as I said before, how referees typically call things is not something I'm really using to analyze the play. That's a terrible measure because it's wildly inconsistent. They miss obvious calls and call made up shit constantly.

All I'm saying is, you can't really be surprised by that call or complain about it.

And the onus is on Rempe who has to know he's vulnerable to it at this point.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
You were shitting on him after 2 games. Cmon man. Washington is focused on stopping him big time. Nobody is lighting up the scoreboard btw. The Rangers leading scorer has 2 goals. Fox has 1 assist. It's been that kind of series. I will reserve judgement after the playoffs are over.
Well, our fourth line are lighting it up. 😁

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It has nothing to do with matchups. Tampa sucks. They're Washington with one absurdly good winger.

Actually, they don't suck. They f***ing suck. They blow too. The Lightning are a bad hockey team.

Tampa does not have our number. They beat us when they were demonstrably the best team in the East two years ago. The time they beat us before that was NINE years ago. In the matchups since the 2022 series we're 5-1 against them.

Telling you Tampa was losing in the first round wasn't a prediction, it was reading you the weather.
LOL

Tampa is obviously not a contender but they are battle tested and have dangerous weapons. The argument was I'd rather not face them over the likes of Detroit, Washington etc.

The Devils sucked but they beat us last season. Got exposed against Carolina. We can beat Carolina though. Using other matchups to prove your point is weird.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
If he can’t generate offense because teams are keying in on him then he’s not a go to player. Simple as that. And he hasn’t been that in the playoffs as a Ranger.

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
While I agree the obvious question is who comes out? There is no obvious person to remove and it's hard to breakup a lineup that's up 3-0
Wennberg isn't himself right now. They said he needed a maintenance day yesterday, and today he was struggling with even the simple plays.

I like Wennberg in general but that's where I'd slot Chytil for now.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

In the East, not really.

Vancouver won't make it to the SCF. Little surprised that Dallas isn't there who I wouldn't count out yet and were at the top of my "i want no part of them" list.

I'll believe that Toronto will be an issue for us once they actually beat Boston.

I know Carolina has been the best team off the rush since the deadline but they played a bunch of f***wads and they've reverted to their true form vs. NYI. I fear them less than most might because they always forget how to score and I think that the Rangers are going to beat them up and they have zero push back on that end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad