OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I really wish they had thread based ignore settings, if I ignore everyone who isn't talking about car stuff the rest of the Ottawa forum will get hidden...

Anyone into motorcycles, dirtbikes, or snowmobiles? Let's get some more machine talk in here
Hear hear. Effing chemtrails...

The car I posted is my Subaru hatchback hill climb project. I'm about 300 hours into it and shy of a professional race program it will be a nothing held back purpose build that I will run all the way to Pikes Peak if her and I truly prove our worth. That level probably won't happen but I'm trying to build a highly capable hill climb and circuit car.

Believe it or not the hard work is kinda done and I'm just about ready for reassembly, although design and engineering is a constant work in progress. I'm engaging a lot of help along the way to engineer the car, primarily on the fabrication, suspension and handling and the electronics side.

Key features are:

- 2800 lb targeted weight, fully caged and gutted
- Rear mounted radiator
- 2 door conversion to acommoodate door scoops for rad ducting
- Full MOTEC electronics
- RCM Stage X long block + - 700-800 hp
- Custom stainless heat wrapped headers with secondary bypass antilag
- 6 speed sequential dog box trans with paddle shift
- A bit of carbon fibre here and there
- Customized, race engineered suspension parts

ETA is summer 2026. Car will run at Area 27 in the Okanagan for shake down and then off to the races around BC, Alberta, Washington and Oregon.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Boomers who spend thousands of dollars a year spraying and spreading weed killers and insect repellent near their water source and onto their vegetable gardens will call you a 'conspiracy theorist' for noticing the clouds don't look right these days.

My neighbour who 'votes green' and still insists on watering down his driveway every week lol.

We're f***ed, lmao

Feeling really good about my neighborhood right about now. The handful of neighbors are mostly boomers, but it seems almost everyone has quietly decided over the past couple of years to drop the weed killers and let their lands start to turn a lil more natural. As a result, there's been a noticeable uptick in the critters around. Rabbits, ducks, more birds, and plenty of bees. Occasional coyotes and raccoons, as well.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Feeling really good about my neighborhood right about now. The handful of neighbors are mostly boomers, but it seems almost everyone has quietly decided over the past couple of years to drop the weed killers and let their lands start to turn a lil more natural. As a result, there's been a noticeable uptick in the critters around. Rabbits, ducks, more birds, and plenty of bees. Occasional coyotes and raccoons, as well.

The natural food/life chain is a beautiful thing. 'Cloud seeding' is an extension of man's folly attempt at 'conquering' the natural world around him. Life is balance and unfortunately for us, the harder we push in one way the harder the world will push back. The 'experts' know this and wish to monetize it - the 'Green' scam we see today.

f2os83ugc8fb1.jpg

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Peer. Reviewed. Science. Is. All. That. I'm. Interested. In.

This is nothing but propaganda.

Again, you have not watched it. I understand that you don’t want to risk enlarging your knowledge base on this issue, as the data and facts discussed may lead you to question the talking points you’ve been inundated with for the past three decades, and you don’t want to be unfaithful to the religion of man made global warming.

And “peer” reviewed by people all on the IPCC/UN/Government funding payroll is propaganda as well, when opposing POVs are banned the consensus is coming from an echo chamber…. And the claim “ the science is settled” means it is not true science, as true science is never “settled”

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Again, you have not watched it. I understand that you don’t want to risk enlarging your knowledge base on this issue, as the data and facts discussed may lead you to question the talking points you’ve been inundated with for the past three decades, and you don’t want to be unfaithful to the religion of man made global warming.

And “peer” reviewed by people all on the IPCC/UN/Government funding payroll is propaganda as well, when opposing POVs are banned the consensus is coming from an echo chamber…. And the claim “ the science is settled” means it is not true science, as true science is never “settled”

No, I don't watch propaganda. Science is not about peddling minority opinions fooling the public into believing from a nice little presentation method. Anyone can put these together and fool a few people. But you do you. I'm sure there's at least some entertainment value there.

My views on climate change are actually pretty conservative, but not because I buy that humans aren't the primary factor driving, it;s because I think stopping the train is not possible and ultimately pointless. I think it's a good thing people want change, but human civilization is done for in the next ~100 years imo, so I don't really see the point

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The alarmists have successfully conflated CO2 ( invisible, odourless colourless) with pollution… and routinely say the Carbon Dioxide Tax is “A Price on Pollution”…. So why is it that 14 of the 15 cities in North America with the highest levels of Air Pollution, are in Canada? Why isn’t the Carbon Dioxide Tax working?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The alarmists have successfully conflated CO2 ( invisible, odourless colourless) with pollution… and routinely say the Carbon Dioxide Tax is “A Price on Pollution”…. So why is it that 14 of the 15 cities in North America with the highest levels of Air Pollution, are in Canada? Why isn’t the Carbon Dioxide Tax working?

Ok, so we start off with an ad hominem attack, followed with some facts about Co2 that are not mutually exclusive from pollution, (presumably in an attempt to show that co2 isn't a form of pollution?), then followed that up with with an association fallacy.

To answer your question, the 10 Canadian cities with the highest level of air pollutants are there because of record levels of wild fires, something generally correlated with climate change, funny how that works...

Measuring if a carbon tax is working would be done by determining whether or not people and businesses change their behaviours in ways that reduce their own footprint, not by measuring air quality since there are other factors that the carbon tax can't impact (at least not in the short term) that go into air quality.

All this is pretty straight forward and obvious to anybody trying to have an honest discussion on the topic, I wonder why it had to be said...

It's funny how in Maher's opening statement he talks about being honest, and then spouts that doozy of a lie by omission wrt air pollution. I'm not sure he knew that he was doing so, but knowing him it wouldn't have mattered. It's also kind of humerous that while building up the false narrative that Canada had been ideolized as a liberal utopia (what?) but isn't anymore, he uses a single statistic about healthcare to try and paint the entire system (some fair points about our system's shortcomings, we have always had areas of our healthcare that could be improved on and some of those have gotten worse of late) then laments the cost of healthcare here in a pretty bizarre fashion, "out of countries with universal healthcare Canada spends 13% of GDP", ok, that's great and all, but why did he mention "out of countries with universal healthcare" at all (is there maybe a reason he didn't want to include those without universal healthcare while complaining about the cost) and if he's just going to state Canada's spending relative to it's GDP why didn't he compare that to the other countries spending, why bring up other countries at all? Was the goal just to put 13% out there devoid of context and act like it's clearly too much to spend on health care? That doesn't seem like something a person who cares about honest discord would do, does it. If the goal is to show how Canada isn't better than the US (that appears to be his thesis afterall) why not show how it compares to the United sta... oh, that's why, another lie by ommission, the US is spending significantly more by GDP (around 17%), and almost double per capita. That would be really inconvenient to mention while lamenting the 13% of GDP Canada spends...

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Ok, so we start off with an ad hominem attack, followed with some facts about Co2 that are not mutually exclusive from pollution, (presumably in an attempt to show that co2 isn't a form of pollution?), then followed that up with with an association fallacy.

To answer your question, the 10 Canadian cities with the highest level of air pollutants are there because of record levels of wild fires, something generally correlated with climate change, funny how that works...

Measuring if a carbon tax is working would be done by determining whether or not people and businesses change their behaviours in ways that reduce their own footprint, not by measuring air quality since there are other factors that the carbon tax can't impact (at least not in the short term) that go into air quality.

All this is pretty straight forward and obvious to anybody trying to have an honest discussion on the topic, I wonder why it had to be said...

It's funny how in Maher's opening statement he talks about being honest, and then spouts that doozy of a lie by omission wrt air pollution. I'm not sure he knew that he was doing so, but knowing him it wouldn't have mattered. It's also kind of humerous that while building up the false narrative that Canada had been ideolized as a liberal utopia (what?) but isn't anymore, he uses a single statistic about healthcare to try and paint the entire system (some fair points about our system's shortcomings, we have always had areas of our healthcare that could be improved on and some of those have gotten worse of late) then laments the cost of healthcare here in a pretty bizarre fashion, "out of countries with universal healthcare Canada spends 13% of GDP", ok, that's great and all, but why did he mention "out of countries with universal healthcare" at all (is there maybe a reason he didn't want to include those without universal healthcare while complaining about the cost) and if he's just going to state Canada's spending relative to it's GDP why didn't he compare that to the other countries spending, why bring up other countries at all? Was the goal just to put 13% out there devoid of context and act like it's clearly too much to spend on health care? That doesn't seem like something a person who cares about honest discord would do, does it. If the goal is to show how Canada isn't better than the US (that appears to be his thesis afterall) why not show how it compares to the United sta... oh, that's why, another lie by ommission, the US is spending significantly more by GDP (around 17%), and almost double per capita. That would be really inconvenient to mention while lamenting the 13% of GDP Canada spends...
But did you watch the documentary though????????

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I think it is well established that more than 80% of forest fires are caused by humans, and not climate change.

I actually thought the CO2 was due to natural gas heating because we require it?

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Beech's ranking of humanity's greatest achievers;

1) Abdulaziz bin Abdul Rahman Al Saud.... 105 kids from22 wives. the last child born to him at his death bed. Founder of Saudi Arabia, one of the world's largest energy supplier and home of Islam.
2)
Tokugawa Ienari...shogun of Japan from the late 1700 to the early 1800..some 20 concubines and 1 wife!!!!! over 70 children. The last born to him on his death bed. The longest Serving Shogun of the Tokugawa dynasty.. Pretty damn handy with a sword. Both types

3) James Douglas Morrison... better known as Jim Morison.. At the time of his death, 16 paternity suits.. If you do some back of teh envelop math, he probably slept with 400-600 women. Short, yet incredibly successful music career, main player in the Psychedelic rock era of teh late 1960's.

4) Sir Michael Philip Jagger.. better known as Mick Jagger.. 8 kids (that we know of) from 5 different women (that we know of). The youngest is 7.. Born to the Mick when was 73 and baby mama was 29.. Rumored to have beaten Jim Morrisons record for conquests. One of the most accomplished musicians of the modern era.

5) Pierre Elliot Trudeau.. youngest born when he was 72 and Baby Mama was 37 .Do I have to add????? Just the name alone should invoke awe.. and if I add more, CSIS would be at my door. I will happily accept any bet that he beat the Mick and Jim M.

People. the rest of us are failures... It is hard to confront your own limitations.. To realize that you are insignificant next to these Gods..

It must have been so incredibly humbling to have played in the NHL against Orr and Gretzky. To have pitched to Babe Ruth. To have attended a conference with Einstein. To have played in an orchestra for Mozart.. To stand there and see genius and not be able to produce it yourself. What must it have been like be next to Alexander the Great as he finished his conquering, turned around and said "All mine"

We are mere mortals my friends.. We have been humbled.

All hail the Mick, the one still living God.

2:37.. Let's hope it is still up at 2:47

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
This weather sucks. I need a coat in the morning, t shirt and shorts by midday, and full sleeved shirt at night.

Can't even walk the dog properly smh

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This weather sucks. I need a coat in the morning, t shirt and shorts by midday, and full sleeved shirt at night.

Can't even walk the dog properly smh
The backyard also isn't drying out fast enough so whenever the dog needs to go take a dump at night I have to clean her paws

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
The backyard also isn't drying out fast enough so whenever the dog needs to go take a dump at night I have to clean her paws
Thats the main reason i hate this weather. My 85 pound goldendoodle needs his feet proper washed after a walk. He's getting groomed next week so that'll help, but for dog owners whos pups hate showers, its been awful

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Damn, I hear that!

I estimate my yard has about 500 piles of poo back there frozen in the ice and snow not melting fast enough.

2 dogs, about 200 days since winter set in here to now. At least 1 shit a day from each on average, plus a bonus 100 for the days I don't walk them for their 2nd shit of the day or they don't wait for it.

Most days it warms up enough to get soft, but that's about it.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013

My post had exactly nothing to do with his position on a carbon tax, nor any of the political hysteria that go along with it. This isn't the place for political debates, go to Reddit or twitter if you want to hyperbolize over the inflationary impact, direct or indirect, of a carbon tax.
Just saying.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think it is well established that more than 80% of forest fires are caused by humans, and not climate change.

I actually thought the CO2 was due to natural gas heating because we require it?
1713271558313.png

1713271604347.jpeg

1713271691095.png

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Thats the main reason i hate this weather. My 85 pound goldendoodle needs his feet proper washed after a walk. He's getting groomed next week so that'll help, but for dog owners whos pups hate showers, its been awful
There is definitely room in the market for dog paw cleaning innovation. You either have the little cup thing filled with water or you have a small dog washing tub in the mudroom...neither are great

Damn, I hear that!

I estimate my yard has about 500 piles of poo back there frozen in the ice and snow not melting fast enough.

2 dogs, about 200 days since winter set in here to now. At least 1 shit a day from each on average, plus a bonus 100 for the days I don't walk them for their 2nd shit of the day or they don't wait for it.

Most days it warms up enough to get soft, but that's about it.
Damn you must have had a lot of snow out back. I usually go out when the thaw is done to try to find most of the turds. It takes an hour or so. That's my life now, cleaning up dog shit and baby shit

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Same, two walks per day in this wet weather and the poor white dog needs his paws washed. Poor guy knows the drill, open the garage, go downstairs and into the wash tub, then blow dry the paws….otherwise the warden(wife) freaks about the footprints the little guy leaves.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Damn you must have had a lot of snow out back. I usually go out when the thaw is done to try to find most of the turds. It takes an hour or so. That's my life now, cleaning up dog shit and baby shit
Oh ya, we get lots of snow up here in the Yukon. If I'm on it, I could do a better job, but I've got a half acre fenced lot they run around in pooping everywhere and at some point in the fall, I make the decision to abandon it until the spring/summer when I go out in gum boots shovel and a bucket, and start the clean up. If it gets hot fast I can rake it all, but it gets too sloppy with all the -5 to +5 weather we've had.

You're smart for staying on it. It can be like a flippin mine field out there that we basically can't go in unless absolutely necessary.

The baby shit is at least more rewarding, but it grinds too. Hopefully you're enjoying the journey, they sure do grow up fast!

Reactions: branch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad