OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Earl Armstrong from Limebank to Vimy Bridge and as it becomes Strandherd into Barrhaven, has sidewalks that weave in and out. So in sections, the sidewalk can be adjacent to the road, in others, there is a small patch of earth between them.

When it snows, the road ploughs will push the snow and gunk hard enough to cover the side walk. The side walk plough will push snow hard enough to deposit it on the road.

There is an ongoing battle of will between the two ploughs.

Today took the cake though.

I left my house, walked to Frescho, the street plough had covered the side walk entirely.. I come out of freschco and walk back home, the side walk plough had cleaned the side walk and pushed things onto the street.

A little while latter, I was out again.. you guessed it, the street plough had recovered the sidewalks

Its a good thing that city workers are unpaid volunteers. I would hate to think that we spend millions on them and on the private contractors that do the major cleaning..

Is Dorion now running the city snow cleaning department?

I have this vision of a sidewalk plough cleaning the sidewalk about 200 meters ahead of the street plough which re-covers it.

why do we bother voting!!!!

Reactions: Cosmix

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020

Brand is a Flemish (Belgian Dutch) word for, Fire.

As I am getting info on the Livetracker. Google translate kept changing the live stream to:

Fire fails....broken nose.

AI huh?????

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020

priceless

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Just have a IPTV recently. If someone can said to me at which channel is the fight Beterbiev vs Smith tonight

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Just have a IPTV recently. If someone can said to me at which channel is the fight Beterbiev vs Smith tonight

How to watch Beterbiev vs Smith

TV channel: In the UK, the card will be televised live on Sky Sports Main Event and Arena, with coverage beginning at 1am GMT in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Live stream: Subscribers can also catch the action live online via the Sky Go app.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018

How to watch Beterbiev vs Smith

TV channel: In the UK, the card will be televised live on Sky Sports Main Event and Arena, with coverage beginning at 1am GMT in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Live stream: Subscribers can also catch the action live online via the Sky Go app.
Thanks.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Anyone here a parts guy? Picking up a new car tomorrow but I am shopping for some winter tire deals. For a GTI

Reactions: Race Dawg

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Throat keeps getting rekt in the morning and evenings after my dog walk. Buying a humidifier to see if that helps.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Buys a hat

Let Brady, Mathew and Big Walt come up.. Open 3 hockey academies.

One in Ottawa, One in Winnipeg and One in Boston. Offer one or two week sessions... $1500 a week or $2800 for 2.

You would get 100-200 kids a week from the 4 corners of the globe. Some kid whose Daddy is the richest man in South Korea will have zero problems dropping the 2 G's.... Go visit the academy in Cornwall.. Rick kids from all over teh world. Although that is more a hockey school than a 1 or 2 week training academy.

You also add 2 sessions a year aimed at draft age players.. You get the Tkachuk's Uncle, Craig Oster, to come in for a day and offer a workshop to players on what to expect and contracts and pensions and investments..

Now 300-400 Junior aged players from the hockey world, come to the academies.. $2000 a week.

so 10-20 weeks a year, 200 kids a session at $300,000 a week. 3-6 million. The Tkachuk's spend 1 day a week. On Monday when the sessions starts. The rest is handled by coaches they hire.

You offer hockey training, nutrition, strength, power skating and so on.

$100,000 a year in Web site maintenance
$300,000 in advertising
$100,000 in Jerseys, caps, sweatshirts (swag, keep sakes)
$400,000 in facility rentals and other costs
$400,000 in salaries
$200,000 in admin costs.. which is handled by Brady's Mother and sister.

1.5 M cost 4-6 M revenue... the Tkachuk brothers are young, their NHL presence is good for 10 more years and 5 years after that in retained reputation.. Run the business for 15 years and then sell or close it.

Uncle Craig.. look after your nephews.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Get on Marketplace - the best place for winters! or go to Kenny u-pull!
Marketplace pretty much picked clean this far into the winter. There's some nice sets there but I think they are too chunky and would end up rubbing

Have you dealt with them personally?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Throat keeps getting rekt in the morning and evenings after my dog walk. Buying a humidifier to see if that helps.

bought one of these two winters ago, and another one year ago…. “on sale” now at TSC

Reactions: Cosmix

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Anyone here a parts guy? Picking up a new car tomorrow but I am shopping for some winter tire deals. For a GTI
I always like dealing with Goldwing. They treat me very well and have competitive prices

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Marketplace pretty much picked clean this far into the winter. There's some nice sets there but I think they are too chunky and would end up rubbing

Have you dealt with them personally?
I have not, but my very frugal neighbour has numerous times, and I will when I need new tires, which could be this spring

My neighbour says they… I assume the owner…will accept Cash…..if you know what I mean

suggest you shop around and compare…. Don’t buy from the first place you go.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I have had a bad cold with sinus headache since January 1. I am starting to feel better but that damn cold still lingers.

I use salt water for sore throats. Also Halls Honey Lemon cough drops in moderation. DM cough syrup when I get desperate. Plus night-time cold medication 3 times a day.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Get a humidistat.. See if Home depot has one. I have a 20 year old one Drabbe ( I worked for their parent company)..

You need the temperature in your house to be between 19 and 21 C.. Although 18-20 is better for mental sharpness

At 20 C, the Humidity should be between 40% RH and 60% RH (RH is relative humidity.. that is relative to saturation, which is deemed 100%)..

Do not use cold mist, or other non boiled schemes.. Particles can be carried and you breath them.

Home Depot sells a mist (I think they call it pure mist). It boils the water. That is safer. Minerals remain behind and steam is carried.

Minerals in water, will trap in your lungs. It can show up as dark spots on Xrays.. you don't need that scare.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I have had a bad cold with sinus headache since January 1. I am starting to feel better but that damn cold still lingers.

I use salt water for sore throats. Also Halls Honey Lemon cough drops in moderation. DM cough syrup when I get desperate. Plus night-time cold medication 3 times a day.
I've done salt water gargles but they're just temporary. God I hope this is just a one off thing this year :(

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
bought one of these two winters ago, and another one year ago…. “on sale” now at TSC

Going into the bathroom and turning on the hot water shower can create something similar if you only need a quickie treatment! :)

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
They fired me when I was 18 and I didn't have a pot to piss in so I can't bring myself to do that
Hey Branch,

Take a pot, pee in it and bring it to them.

I always promised myself to pee on my bosses desk.. At 70, when it is unlikely to jail me.. There are 2-3 former managers and VP, etc. that need to look out.

Reactions: branch

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Going into the bathroom and turning on the hot water shower can create something similar if you only need a quickie treatment! :)

I run my air innovations humidifier full blast down where I spend most of my day, in winters….at it fluctuates between 40 - 45 AH, and I run another humidifier in the bedroom also at full blast overnight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad