OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I believe they were Continentals. Great for the first 1500kms, then noisy as hell. I went with Pilots afterwards and way better
I've heard you can get tires designed for cars with significant camber, fittingly named cambertires. No idea if they are common, effective or economical for the average joe though.

1712769950313.png

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
And yet you seem to be a supporter of the Carbon Dioxide Tax….. seems strange.
Nope. Didn't say that, either. My objection was the lack of alternative solution proposed. You've made it clear you don't view the climate as a problem to be addressed, though, so rather than dive into the conversation I'll just politely say that we will not agree on this and should move on.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Perhaps you can show how the Carbon Dioxide Tax is reducing emissions, which there is no proof of?

Why propose an alternative when none is needed? Remove the tax…. Don’t collect it in the first place, and let people decide how to spend their own money, as they see fit…. This eliminates the 1/4 of a billion dollars needed for the Federal government to charge and collect the tax, and then direct deposit some of it back to you.

Thinking that the 3.4% of the total CO2 in the atmosphere, from human activity, is the driving force behind Global Warming is akin to saying one lug nut on the rear tire of an eighteen wheeler, is what is propelling it down the highway.

View attachment 849251

Ok, so a carbon tax is an incentive, it doesn't directly reduce anything, it provides an incentive structure for people to change their behavior in a way that will reduce CO2 emissions, whether people do so or not is another matter all together. Does it work? There is empirical research that has shown it to be effective, Link 1, link 2 but there are also some iterations that have been ineffective, arguable due to concessions made to the worst emitters that were needed to pass the bills in the first place.

I wasn't able to find any source for the claims in the graphic but the 3.4% number you're quoting with it does not appear to be correct, this specific graphic/claim has been debunked before, currently the estimate is 33% of CO2 in the atmosphere is from Human activities since 1850. It's also a misleading graphic even had they used the correct numbers, as frames it from the perspective of the proportion of particles in the entire atmosphere rather than the impact the differing components of the atmosphere potentially have which is what we actually care about. And it's not about thinking Co2 and other greenhouse gases are driving climate change, it's about a scientific community coming to a consensus based on years and years of empirical evidence.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
The blacked out RS6 is stunning and it will burn many supercars off the line. I’d say one day but I don’t think it’s in the cards haha.
There are two RS6 in our car group and they are outstanding. Simply gorgeous with a lot of grunt

Reactions: Mingus Dew

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Ok, so a carbon tax is an incentive, it doesn't directly reduce anything, it provides an incentive structure for people to change their behavior in a way that will reduce CO2 emissions, whether people do so or not is another matter all together. Does it work? There is empirical research that has shown it to be effective, Link 1, link 2 but there are also some iterations that have been ineffective, arguable due to concessions made to the worst emitters that were needed to pass the bills in the first place.

I wasn't able to find any source for the claims in the graphic but the 3.4% number you're quoting with it does not appear to be correct, this specific graphic/claim has been debunked before, currently the estimate is 33% of CO2 in the atmosphere is from Human activities since 1850. It's also a misleading graphic even had they used the correct numbers, as frames it from the perspective of the proportion of particles in the entire atmosphere rather than the impact the differing components of the atmosphere potentially have which is what we actually care about. And it's not about thinking Co2 and other greenhouse gases are driving climate change, it's about a scientific community coming to a consensus based on years and years of empirical evidence.

Obviously you did not watch the documentary I posted earlier, that debunks pretty much every point you’re making….

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Obviously you did not watch the documentary I posted earlier, that debunks pretty much every point you’re making….

I tend not to watch nonsense from discredited director that has been caught spreading misleading representations of scientific studies in the past when he tried this stunt on a tv series, now he's using a host of ex-fosil fuel industry expects and people monetizing climate denial as their experts, and his new movie is once again spreading debunked and easily debunkable myths.

If the overwhelming evidence of climate science were going to be debunked, it won't be happening in a movie filled with unreliable and discredited narrators, it will happen in peer reviewed scientific studies,

Last edited:
Reactions: thinkwild

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I, for one, as a principle refuse to use YouTube for anything other than music and comedy. Never clicked on an "educational" link ever and not about to start. And as much as it's mostly about preventing myself from going down a hole of watching mindless hours of things while the sun is literally shining outside, it's just as much about the fact that anything made for the YouTube algorithm inherently needs to focus entertainment value, keeping eyes on screen, and that will always mean emotional manipulation, which is anathema to me.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I tend not to watch nonsense from discredited director that has been caught spreading misleading representations of scientific studies in the past when he tried this stunt on a tv series, now he's using a host of ex-fisil fuel industry expects and people monetizing climate denial as their experts, and his new movie is once again spreading debunked and easily debunkable myths.

If the overwhelming evidence of climate science were going to be debunked, it won't be happening in a movie filled with unreliable and discredited narrators, it will happen in peer reviewed scientific studies,

The term is "fake news" ;)

I had a Tesla Y last weekend in Montreal. Using auto pilot I can report that:
It actually slowed down and stopped for a squirrel on a residential road.
Navigated pedestrians and cars through the construction heavy downtown core perfectly
It takes way too long at stop signs to go so people generally honk or take your stop at a 4 way intersecction.

It was fun.

In other news - Toyota may crush those like VW that went all in on Electric

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I, for one, as a principle refuse to use YouTube for anything other than music and comedy. Never clicked on an "educational" link ever and not about to start. And as much as it's mostly about preventing myself from going down a hole of watching mindless hours of things while the sun is literally shining outside, it's just as much about the fact that anything made for the YouTube algorithm inherently needs to focus entertainment value, keeping eyes on screen, and that will always mean emotional manipulation, which is anathema to me.

It's actually very useful for how tos.

I know plenty of people who use YouTube when working on things...like doing their cars brakes or something.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I tend not to watch nonsense from discredited director that has been caught spreading misleading representations of scientific studies in the past when he tried this stunt on a tv series, now he's using a host of ex-fosil fuel industry expects and people monetizing climate denial as their experts, and his new movie is once again spreading debunked and easily debunkable myths.

I get it, you’re a true follower of the Man Made Global Warming alarmist religion, and it would be blasphemy to watch anything that may lead you to question your faith.

I guess there is nothing Patrick Moore (co founder of Greenpeace),Professor Sallie Baliunas of Harvard and the Smithsonian, Noble laureate Dr John Clauser, Dr Stephen Davies institute of Economic Affiars, Professor Will Happer of Princeton, Professor Steven Koonin, Metrologist Professor Dick Lindzen of Harvard and MIT, Dr Roy Spencer of NASA and the leader of their Aqua Satellite US Science team or even Professor Henrik Svensmark of the National Space Institute could possibly know that would expand your knowledge base on this issue… why cloud your faith with recorded Data compared to computer modeling done over over the past 50 years, historical records NOT taken out of context, that might make you question the tenets of your faith….

Funny that the alarmists always use the funding of the other side of this issue, but never question the funding on their side of the issue… a point made in this documentary…..

I’ve been around longer than most people here, and have seen these hoaxes, scams come and go….

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
E63 AMG S Wagon. Most awesome car ever conceived.

600 hp twin-turbo V8. 0 to 60 in 3.0 seconds. A hefty six figure price tag.

Wagons are the best. Storage capabilities are second to none.
Caddillac CTS-V Blackwing wagon gives it a run for its money but yeah +1 for shooting brakes. I am converting my STi hatchback track car to a 2 door partially to give it more of that shooting brake stying, BMW M coupe(ish) inspired (also doing it for function but the look will be quite something).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I get it, you’re a true follower of the Man Made Global Warming alarmist religion, and it would be blasphemy to watch anything that may lead you to question your faith.

I guess there is nothing Patrick Moore (co founder of Greenpeace),Professor Sallie Baliunas of Harvard and the Smithsonian, Noble laureate Dr John Clauser, Dr Stephen Davies institute of Economic Affiars, Professor Will Happer of Princeton, Professor Steven Koonin, Metrologist Professor Dick Lindzen of Harvard and MIT, Dr Roy Spencer of NASA and the leader of their Aqua Satellite US Science team or even Professor Henrik Svensmark of the National Space Institute could possibly know that would expand your knowledge base on this issue… why cloud your faith with recorded Data compared to computer modeling done over over the past 50 years, historical records NOT taken out of context, that might make you question the tenets of your faith….

Funny that the alarmists always use the funding of the other side of this issue, but never question the funding on their side of the issue… a point made in this documentary…..

I’ve been around longer than most people here, and have seen these hoaxes, scams come and go….

Religion? Religion is based on faith. No, I follow the facts, the fact is around 99% of peer reviewed studies conclude man caused climate change to be true, while a small group of those who often have conflicts of interest and or financial interests in denying climate change are out there denying those facts.
There's one person in this conversation that is putting their faith into something that just hasn't been backed up by the evidence here, and you might be shocked to find out it not the one who's position aligns with 99% of the scientific papers on the subject.

Reactions: Icelevel

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Religion? Religion is based on faith. No, I follow the facts, the fact is around 99% of peer reviewed studies conclude man caused climate change to be true, while a small group of those who often have conflicts of interest and or financial interests in denying climate change are out there denying those facts.
There's one person in this conversation that is putting their faith into something that just hasn't been backed up by the evidence here, and you might be shocked to find out it not the one who's position aligns with 99% of the scientific papers on the subject.
Your dedication to fight the fake news repeatedly posted here is admirable.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Well, there is no incentive for me. I shell out $12k a month in carbon for my properties. I have changed my mid efficiency boilers to high efficiency. No incentives or rebates. I spent $300K on new windows. No rebates or incentives. I lowered my carbon tax by 20%. What is my reward? A significant increase in carbon tax rates.

And others in my boat will have this carbon pricing offset in rents. And we will pay in our goods and services. Our groceries where they allow big businesses to "pass on" the carbon , but we know grocers and gas stations are taking advantage of the situation to record record profits.

Canada , due to its lack of competition , has allowed rampant capitalism to grip the country and created a market unlike the US, and has forced Canadians ro pay more for everything becayse of regulations and restrictions in the market, but it will still aloow mergeres to further lower our ability to shop around.

Rant over lol

So this begs the question..what are you driving with that many ponies?! I am intrigued, I am an avid car fanatic
I have a feeling it is some whacked out Impreza. Those things can go berserk when tuned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad