OT: Sens Lounge LXXXI | Time to clean up your act son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
So...Black Friday, 489 for a PS4, 2 controllers, Last of Us remastered (I think people here have said it is an amazing game), GTA V (13yr old boy, kinda the norm these days for teens) . Should I do it? It is on Shop.ca and I have a $40 PAYPAL credit. I don't think that price can be touched...

I have an extra HDMI port so that and the PS3 can co-exist, but wondering if there is any point to keeping the PS3?

You can get 20% cash back from ebates.ca if you go through that site before buying from shop.ca.

Also, paypal will give you 5% cashback on your second+ purchase through them between Nov 24 and Dec 2.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
PS3 is a better home theatre console since they removed DLNA support and local media support from the PS4

It's why I've had zero interest in moving on to the PS4.

Thanks for the tip, I will hold on to both consoles then.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You can get 20% cash back from ebates.ca if you go through that site before buying from shop.ca.

Also, paypal will give you 5% cashback on your second+ purchase through them between Nov 24 and Dec 2.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....too late:(

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I am skeptical about ebates...has anyone here used it before? I don't know how they actually get it in your "account"? read the FAQs but I think you have to start on their site and once redirected it stores that info I guess?

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I am skeptical about ebates...has anyone here used it before? I don't know how they actually get it in your "account"? read the FAQs but I think you have to start on their site and once redirected it stores that info I guess?
I saw a commercial for them on tv so they can't be thaaaat bad

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Looks like there's Black Friday sales for cars as well, and I'm in the market for a car... Any tips when shopping for a car? New or used? Lease or no lease? Trade-in or no? Negotiation tactics? Things to be aware of when dealing with dealerships? Thanks in advance!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I saw a commercial for them on tv so they can't be thaaaat bad

I just checked out they are legit...I could have saved 100 bucks (20%) but the only catch is you have to wait weeks, sometimes months before they pay it out to you, to ensure you don't return stuff and get the cash back. But I will definitely use them in the future.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I just checked out they are legit...I could have saved 100 bucks (20%) but the only catch is you have to wait weeks, sometimes months before they pay it out to you, to ensure you don't return stuff and get the cash back. But I will definitely use them in the future.

They are 100% legit. I've received about $40 bucks from them so far.

The payouts seem to be done quarterly. You would've received a cheque (or a paypal credit) for $100 in mid-February. I wish I had got to you sooner!

Basically, whenever I want to shop online, I go to their site first and search to see if they are an affiliate of the store I'm purchasing from. You click the re-direct from ebates.ca to amazon.ca (for example), do all your shopping and checkout at the same time, and you are done. You receive an email a few days later with the amount you will receive in your next quarterly payout.

Don't expect a 20% cashback from most places though, the norm seems to be 2-5%... shop.ca is the exception.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick

You could also cancel out your order since it probably aint shipped yet and re-order it.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Looks like there's Black Friday sales for cars as well, and I'm in the market for a car... Any tips when shopping for a car? New or used? Lease or no lease? Trade-in or no? Negotiation tactics? Things to be aware of when dealing with dealerships? Thanks in advance!

I know the palladium autopark had black Friday signs, not sure what the deals were though.

Only thing I can recommend is stick to your guns. If you have a price in mind, stick to it. Worst they can say is no.

depending how much the car is to begin with you can always negotiate a few thousand off the sticker price. Make sure you research the car that your interested in. A salesman won't try be as pushy when they see you know what your talking about.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Nooooooooooooooooooooo...too late!

j/k, I actually switched my cars this past week. I am someone who leases. It is not for everyone, but I rather have a new car on a regular basis, bumper to bumper warranty, and the latest techno stuff.

As far as negotiation tactics, it depends on the brand and dealer. You tell the dealer what you are prepared to pay and if they want to sell you a car, they will find a way. November is always a great time to get a deal, some amazing leases on some real nice cars.

What cars are you interested in?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

j/k, I actually switched my cars this past week. I am someone who leases. It is not for everyone, but I rather have a new car on a regular basis, bumper to bumper warranty, and the latest techno stuff.

As far as negotiation tactics, it depends on the brand and dealer. You tell the dealer what you are prepared to pay and if they want to sell you a car, they will find a way. November is always a great time to get a deal, some amazing leases on some real nice cars.

Also, they have more margin for negotiation the higher up the chain you go. So the base model tiny thing, you'll pretty much only get negotiations in the business office on your tint, warranty etc... Mid level sedans though there's some play... Trucks and SUVs plenty, especially the ones with all the bells and whistles.

Stuff on their lot will also usually be easier to get what you want to pay than if they have to order in or trade with another dealer. Especially when it comes to dealer installed options.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Yeah, I went to a couple of them last week and stuck to my guns. Unfortunately they didn't even budge a little so I ended up not buying anything.

I'm thinking of getting the new Golf 2015 (trendline, auto, no gizmos), but would be happy with a used one as well. But there's not many of them on lots as they're selling fast.

The trade-in prices they offered for my current car were ridiculously low, as I know a mechanic who'll give me a $1000 extra for it easy.

I've never leased before, and my main reluctance is that I'd have to be super careful with the upkeep and I'm worried they'll still find ways to make me pay for scratches and repairs when I return it. Basically I don't trust car salesmen...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah, I went to a couple of them last week and stuck to my guns. Unfortunately they didn't even budge a little so I ended up not buying anything.

I'm thinking of getting the new Golf 2015 (trendline, auto, no gizmos), but would be happy with a used one as well. But there's not many of them on lots as they're selling fast.

The trade-in prices they offered for my current car were ridiculously low, as I know a mechanic who'll give me a $1000 extra for it easy.

I've never leased before, and my main reluctance is that I'd have to be super careful with the upkeep and I'm worried they'll still find ways to make me pay for scratches and repairs when I return it. Basically I don't trust car salesmen...

At of companies have leases that allow wear and tear issues to happen. I have that in my lease and I don't get dinged, pardon the pun, for dents, repairs or scratches.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I don't know if it is still standard, but the km limits made leasing very unattractive to me in the past.
Yeah, there's different price points depending on the kms. I don't drive a lot, so I can easily fit under the cheapest one.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa

If you want to keep your car, definitely buy, new or used is another question. You can usually get best bang for your buck if you buy a 2 year old car w/ about 40k or 50k on it. But it all depends on what make and model you are looking at. I'm a big fan of Japanese engineering and would be fine buying any used Honda, Toyota, Acura, Nissan etc.

Also, best way to deal for a car is to go into the dealership about 1h before closing and hammer out a deal (you have to know what car and model you want a this point).

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Just canceled and re-ordered thanks a lot!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't know if it is still standard, but the km limits made leasing very unattractive to me in the past.

True, since I moved in Riverside South, I piled on the miles and my wife's car was over, but sticking with the dealership they tend to not bust too much over it. My wife's lease I upped it to 24K a year, with all the kids activities while I went with 18k a year as I tend to do less with my car, less hockey bags haha, and just work stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad