OT: Sens Lounge LXXXI | Time to clean up your act son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
On the Cloud Atlas topic -- I thought it was brilliant.

Only issue I had with the film was I had a hard time understanding much of the dialog from the future Tom Hanks character; partly the dialect, partly the acoustics in my basement.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Steam Thanksgiving sale started...
Not sure there's anything that's going to get me to bite.

Hearing Civ:BE is pretty terrible still.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I absolutely hated this semester, only a month until it's over and then a new course load in January. Can't wait til break and the new year.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That's.... uh...

... that's not shipping, then.

Oy true enough :facepalm:

I guess my point was that, as far as online shopping goes, NCIX is my recommendation due to the best inventory and now being able to pick up in Ottawa
Products from all over shipped to Ottawa at no additional charge provided you pick it up at the storefront?

Pretty much. Although if you are a resident of Quebec you have to pay extra taxes. http://www.ncix.com/ Check it out!

Steam Thanksgiving sale started...
Not sure there's anything that's going to get me to bite.

Hearing Civ:BE is pretty terrible still.

The indie titles are where the joy is at: Bastion, Gunpoint, Mark of the Ninja, Braids, Limbo, Super Meat Boy, Stanley Parable etc.... Great games for dirt cheap

Beyond Earth is good, far from terrible. I wouldn't recommend it for full price since Civ 5 is better but Beyond Earth will get the addons it deserves and will surely become great at some point down the road.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, Ghomeshi has been charged with sexual assault.

... More accurately, four cases of sexual assault, and "one count of overcoming resistance by choking, an offence that carries a maximum sentence of life in prison."

Regardless of how the trial plays out, it's amazing how much came out in the public eye in between the initial allegations and now.

I'm surprised the crown believes they have enough evidence to go ahead with a trial.

Unless, of course, the evidence isn't from one of these decade-ago accusations, but is something recent (which is a definite possibility).

Hope they nail that guy.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm surprised the crown believes they have enough evidence to go ahead with a trial.

Unless, of course, the evidence isn't from one of these decade-ago accusations, but is something recent (which is a definite possibility).

Hope they nail that guy.

They'll likely have the video that he showed CBC that, it is rumoured, shows cracked ribs and other such unsavoury sights

That coupled with the women's stories will make sure Ghomeshi is not likely to be welcome anywhere in Canada even if he isn't convicted

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Well, Ghomeshi has been charged with sexual assault.

... More accurately, four cases of sexual assault, and "one count of overcoming resistance by choking, an offence that carries a maximum sentence of life in prison."

Regardless of how the trial plays out, it's amazing how much came out in the public eye in between the initial allegations and now.

So you can literally kill a person and get 5 years, but if you choke someone you can get life? Am I reading that right?

Not that choking someone is cool or anything, but just seems like an excessive punishment.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
So you can literally kill a person and get 5 years, but if you choke someone you can get life? Am I reading that right?

Not that choking someone is cool or anything, but just seems like an excessive punishment.

Well.. it's "maximum sentence".

Killing someone has a max sentence of life too. But then you get into the whole manslaughter, vs 2nd vs 1st degree stuff.

I understand your point, though. Sometimes the law is bizarro.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Well.. it's "maximum sentence".

Killing someone has a max sentence of life too. But then you get into the whole manslaughter, vs 2nd vs 1st degree stuff.

I understand your point, though. Sometimes the law is bizarro.

Yeah, I just figured choking would fall under assault. Just seems odd it has it's own category and it can go up to life.

Assault only carries a max of 5 years. Odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad