OT: Sens Lounge LXXXI | Time to clean up your act son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
At the airport, about to board for a 36hr trip to Singapore.

Ugh. Short trips suck.

Also: I'm flying Air Asia, so if y'all never hear from me again, that's why.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
I'm fine. :) Taking a trip to Toronto this friday to visit the gf. How are you? :)

Saab!

That sounds great! I'm sure you and your GF will have a fantastic time. Just going to shop/casually or something more specific?

I've been pretty good despite some mental health issues (sudden presence of health anxiety in my life). Looks like there's a good chance I'll be in relationship of my own soon so that's been a real nice distraction.

Saabman0508

Harb Quote Count: 9
Aug 15, 2010
Ottawa
Saab!

That sounds great! I'm sure you and your GF will have a fantastic time. Just going to shop/casually or something more specific?

I've been pretty good despite some mental health issues (sudden presence of health anxiety in my life). Looks like there's a good chance I'll be in relationship of my own soon so that's been a real nice distraction.

Nothing specific, just haven't seen her in a while, so I'm spending the weekend with her. We'll probably both be bogged down with work so I dunno if we'll get out to do anything. And for the record, we both hate shopping! :laugh:

I'm glad to hear you're doing well, and hopefully you get past whatever is ailing you. Best of luck with your potential relationship man! :)

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
Saab!

Sounds nice. It appears Ill never be in a relationship because no girls care for me or maybe I'm just too dumb :laugh:

Maybe apart of Friday when I was drunk as fawk and went to the toilet to vomit a girl followed me and told me she wasn't leaving until I open the door. But ...Oh well cant wait till I move out of this ****-hole.

Edit: Nice to see Saab still alive. :yo: waddup dude

Last edited:

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
As someone who is paid in USD, my month in Canada over the holidays was like 20% off everything, it was great.

Damn that's awesome. I remember going shopping in the states a few years ago when our dollar was above theirs. It was beautiful.

I ended up buying the Pentax k-5ii. First DSLR, super excited about it.

On another note, does HF look really messed up to anyone else right now? The forum looks really zoomed in even when I'm at 100%, when I zoom out it stays the same but just looks smaller.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Screeners are already long out for almost all of those new movies you guys are talking about.

Yeah screeners suck though, i like watching movies on my big tv and a screener just doesn't hold up.

A bunch of them are coming out on bluray soon, so there will be options for an HD viewing.

Also a certain website looks like its primed to return in 4 or 5 days.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Yeah screeners suck though, i like watching movies on my big tv and a screener just doesn't hold up.

A bunch of them are coming out on bluray soon, so there will be options for an HD viewing.

Also a certain website looks like its primed to return in 4 or 5 days.

It's scary to think that most awards voters are seeing these films through a crappy quality DVD. You'd think film companies would want to expose voters to the best possible version.

Anyway, lots of foreign films and docs are starting to trickle out too. Good news for me.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Saab!

Good for you :)

Last day or two have felt like a down cycle for me :(

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Good for you :)

Last day or two have felt like a down cycle for me :(

If it makes you feel any better, it came to a crashing halt tonight. Feeling pretty rough right now, but thems the breaks.

Chin up, sask. There's light at the end of the tunnel somewhere.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
If it makes you feel any better, it came to a crashing halt tonight. Feeling pretty rough right now, but thems the breaks.

Chin up, sask. There's light at the end of the tunnel somewhere.

Well it doesn't make me feel better :(

I hate to be one to complain, but I sometimes feel like in that one aspect of life I got dealt a bad hand.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Well it doesn't make me feel better :(

I hate to be one to complain, but I sometimes feel like in that one aspect of life I got dealt a bad hand.

Me and you both, friend. But honestly, you just got to keep putting yourself out there. Don't worry about it too much and try to live your life the best that you can.

I'm not sure how I'm in a position to give motivating advice right now considering I just got the "I really like you but..." text a few hours ago after hooking up with said girl two days ago, but maybe I'm just used to this crap.

You keep doing you, sask. Work hard, play hard and be yourself (as corny as that may sound). **** it, YOLO.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
From the sound of it you don't spend much time with other people

That really isn't helping yourself

IDK I spend a lot of times with friends and what not. I am just very terrible at meeting people. I have no idea what to say to people I don't know. I think all the people I met over the last year were from school or work, and my friends GF. Even around people I know well I am good with a conversation, but am terrible at starting them. I feel like it is related to how when I was a kid almost all my friends moved away, and than one guy just randomly decided he didn't want to be my friend.

Also, would it be a bad idea to ask a friends GF if she has any single friends? Probably?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad