Sens Lounge LXXVI | The One Where we get back to Friends naming conventions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Surprisingly close :laugh:

I did hit double digits though. Not bad for a blog that I never expected anyone else to ever read.

Nice.

We keep a wordpress blog to keep family & friends back in Canada updated on our travels & stuff. Every time I see non-family-member-related traffic, I'm all like "YESSS!"

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
GW2!
Actually did anyone end up trying Wildstar Online?

Im playing it, quite enjoy it actually. It's almost like a Vanilla wow but with all the bells and whistles that came into play later on. Combat engine similar to gw2.

A buddy gave me a week long trial to test it out and i ended up buying it.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
My Jay Pandolfo 1994 WJC upper deck hockey card must be only second in my heart to my Toby Kvaelvog card of similar spec.

What past-self looked at this stuff and determined it was worth keeping? I demand answers! A full examination of my priorities to date and what I have done with my life is in order. This is a watershed moment. The bottom of my desk drawer, yea, my very soul, will never be the same again.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
My Jay Pandolfo 1994 WJC upper deck hockey card must be only second in my heart to my Toby Kvaelvog card of similar spec.

What past-self looked at this stuff and determined it was worth keeping? I demand answers! A full examination of my priorities to date and what I have done with my life is in order. This is a watershed moment. The bottom of my desk drawer, yea, my very soul, will never be the same again.

Heh, crappy early-mid 90's hockey cards are a roller coaster of nostalgic emotion.

This was my bookmark from like 1992 until I graduated highschool (1999):

mza_a1JdPTjTuiQlDLFD_rw.jpg

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
^That card clearly speaks for itself and deserves to be mass replicated, framed and hung in discerning bathrooms the world over forthwith.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
^That card clearly speaks for itself and deserves to be mass replicated, framed and hung in discerning bathrooms the world over forthwith.

10 year-old me had no idea that the 1990-91 Pro Set complete set would be worthless 5 years out of print... I had literally SHOE BOXES full of 1990-91 Pro Set cards.

OH SHOOT. TOTAL RANDOM "Card Collecting" FLASHBACK!!!

Speaking of worthless early 90's sports cards, did anyone here (and I'm talking about older posters - Stefan, Herb, etc...) ever collect those old JOGO CLF card sets?

mcgDCYwCwzlylCOrgLehtbw.jpg

CFL%201%20David%20McCrary_thumb.jpg

I had the complete 1991 set, my uncle used to buy me packs every time he came to visit. I thought they were the greatest thing ever.

Actually, come to think of it, I think I still have them in storage back in Canada somewhere. I put them in a binder when I was 11, and never took them out. Pretty sure that binder is in a box somewhere.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
You have before you, señor Bonk, the excessively proud former owner of a collection of All World CFL football cards, including the legendary sub-set commemorating Raghib "The Rocket" Ismail's inaugural CFL season.

I could have sold those for the equivalent monetary value of a double bacon cheeseburger combo at Wendy's today had I not been such a foolhardy profligate in my youth.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You have before you, señor Bonk, the excessively proud former owner of a collection of All World CFL football cards, including the legendary sub-set commemorating Raghib "The Rocket" Ismail's inaugural CFL season.

I could have sold those for the equivalent monetary value of a double bacon cheeseburger combo at Wendy's today had I not been such a foolhardy profligate in my youth.

Yeah, I totally remember those!

41RkRd-I0PL.jpg

One of the ugliest card sets I have ever seen, haha.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
jace-the-mind-sculptor.jpg

I never collected sports card

But I do have a lot of Magic cards!

I always thought Jace was a bit overrated as a card.

I mean, it's super OP, but it's not worth what it was being traded for. It's essentially "you have 5 turns to kill me" (plus a few turns if you have a few cards in your hand), which generally means Turn 9+, which a lot of head-to-head games will never see.

Great card, but not "$80+" great.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Bonk plays MTG?

You are awesome Bonk

It used to be 150$ but now it's not a four-of in Legacy anymore so it's price dropped to around 90$

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Bonk plays MTG?

You are awesome Bonk

It used to be 150$ but now it's not a four-of in Legacy anymore so it's price dropped to around 90$

I just got back into it in the last year or two, actually.

I was in on the ground floor with MTG. Got into it when 3rd edition was released, but ended up collecting a lot of beta cards as well. Arabian Nights, Antiquities... those were my MTG days...

Sold my entire collection in like '99 for $500 to help pay for textbooks... at the time, I was out of MTG, so it seemed like a good idea.

In retrospect, it was a bad idea. The Arabian Nights cards alone from that collection are probably worth over $1000 today.

#badlifedecisions

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Same here

Who would have thought the game would explode in popularity in such fashion?

It's pretty cool to see

I've got a killer black/white zombie deck but nobody to play against. The only thing worse than having no cards is having cards and not using them.

What format is it? Standard?

I only play EDH/Commander these days and the ocassional draft (speaking of which, the newest set, Conspiracy, is one of the best things WotC have released in a long time as long as you like multiplayer games!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland