Sens Lounge LXXVI | The One Where we get back to Friends naming conventions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I dedicate my 10,000th post to all you loungers. :cheers:

:yo: Rock on.

I wish I'd done something useful with my 5000th post. Think I spent a few weeks lurking even since it was a down time while trying to decide if there was something worth crossing the barrier on.

It'll be a while before I manage to get to 10k...

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
This post talk made me realize I am on the 15th page of the all time posts rankings list.

I wonder how high I will go (and how much time I have wasted on HF)

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I made the best wings ever. The scapes were coming up in the garden, so I decided to cut one off. I chopped it up finely with a scallion bulb, and then cook them together in butter with a pinch of seas salt. Once that simmered for a while I added in some hot sauce I made recently. I BBQed up some wings, and added the sauce while everything was still piping hot.

It was to die for!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Surprisingly close :laugh:

I did hit double digits though. Not bad for a blog that I never expected anyone else to ever read.

Haha, what's the subject matter?
I've actually tossed the idea around of just trying to get back to an old high school like of mine and start writing random short stories again.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Haha, what's the subject matter?
I've actually tossed the idea around of just trying to get back to an old high school like of mine and start writing random short stories again.

I'm trying to systematically put together a way of integrating old school hockey concepts like leadership, determination, etc with the new fancy stats. It is basically advocating a mixed methods approach, because the blid spots of one type of analysis are addressed by the other. The topic that got extra attention was chance and variance.

I highly recommend starting a blog up and writing as much as you can. In life we tend to regret not taking opportunities to do things like this.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Xi4aE.png

Just a reminder for everyone about tomorrow.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Xi4aE.png

Just a reminder for everyone about tomorrow.

:laugh:
Although - if you see any publisher bundle deals that look too good to be true, jump on them ASAP. (ie the WB bundle from a couple years ago)

Actually I find the last few steam sales I've barely bought anything. Too much of a backlog + nothing really compelling lately that's new + bought everything else I already wanted to buy on previous sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille