OT: Sens Lounge CV - The CV Joint and other Car Parts Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Today's forcast was up to 40 cm but so far it looks more like 5 cm. It is windy but it is so warm (total bust of a winter too) that it doesn't accumulate.

Since I'm in pay I have to deal with people trying to scam the system and ask for a free day off and it makes my blood boil.

You wake up and look outside, see that it isn't that bad and you go to work. Instead I have to deal with people claiming that because the mayor recommended people stay home that they should be given a free day off instead of coming in to work since it really isn't that bad.
Throughout the night it was sleet so in the morning the snow was compacted down. If it were pure snow it would have made thing more difficult.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Throughout the night it was sleet so in the morning the snow was compacted down. If it were pure snow it would have made thing more difficult.

I definitely can appreciate that for some people getting to work was an actual issue, especially for those who live far.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Today's forcast was up to 40 cm but so far it looks more like 5 cm. It is windy but it is so warm (total bust of a winter too) that it doesn't accumulate.

Since I'm in pay I have to deal with people trying to scam the system and ask for a free day off and it makes my blood boil.

You wake up and look outside, see that it isn't that bad and you go to work. Instead I have to deal with people claiming that because the mayor recommended people stay home that they should be given a free day off instead of coming in to work since it really isn't that bad.

The mayor said that people that can work from home should do so, not that they get a free day off.

In Kanata, we got around 20cms, but rain halfway through, so it basically made it worse than if it was all snow. It was a mix of snow and ice, that made the roads horrible.

Don't you work in HR though? Why would they be coming to you to ask for days off?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Ugh. This whole coronavirus thing is wiping out my tfsas and rrsp gains for the past year plus :(

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The mayor said that people that can work from home should do so, not that they get a free day off.

In Kanata, we got around 20cms, but rain halfway through, so it basically made it worse than if it was all snow. It was a mix of snow and ice, that made the roads horrible.

Don't you work in HR though? Why would they be coming to you to ask for days off?

Cause I'm very good at what I do and only speak to things I'm sure of (when it comes to work!) so people trust me.

I'm in compensation and since we have a pretty important credibility problem I made it a priority for me to meet and interact with as many of the people on my paylist as possible since I work for a tiny department.

Going to work for Library of Parliament as of Monday though :D

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Cause I'm very good at what I do and only speak to things I'm sure of (when it comes to work!) so people trust me.

I'm in compensation and since we have a pretty important credibility problem I made it a priority for me to meet and interact with as many of the people on my paylist as possible since I work for a tiny department.

Going to work for Library of Parliament as of Monday though :D

Ah yeah ok. I thought I had saw you say you worked at PSPC. Sorry got confused! Makes sense at a small department.

Good luck in your new position!

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Any recommendations for point and shoot cameras?

Mid range. #isuckatphotography

The camera doesnt really matter nowadays.
I have a decent Nikon and after talking with a professional photographer the editing the balances afterwards can fix any mistakes and make any picture look great.

Cell phones try to do this but they still suck at it.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
It is an HBO series. Sorry for being blunt, i've got a cold. It has nothing to do with the Outsiders movie or books. This series is based on a Stephen King book. ( He is so prolific)
Here's the synopsis
The Outsider begins with a seemingly straightforward investigation into the gruesome murder of a young boy. But when an insidious supernatural force edges its way into the case, it leads a seasoned cop and an unorthodox investigator to question everything they believe in.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
BMW introduced a new badge for their cars... Look cheap to me, not a fan.

bmw-logo-2020-1583084471.jpg

The i4 they affixed it to on the other hand looks interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad