Post-Game Talk: Sens lose 2-1 to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Looks like the Leafs really showed you guys who’s boss, huh? They sure kicked the snot out of the Sens and sent one hell of a message, didn’t they?

What a pathetic rebound. Who follows up a humiliating 6-5 OT loss with a pedestrian, vanilla, and forgettable 2-1 win - the most boring score there is in hockey? The Maple Leafs were so angry and their pride was so badly hurt, that they absolutely destroyed the Senators and blew them right out of the barn by a staggering 2-1 score.

WTF, Toronto? You can’t even avenge yourselves the right way. Get lost and don’t come back till you grow some huevos.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Had to kiss tonight’s game. Wtf went down

I actually caught the last 5 minutes of the first and the first 5 minutes of the second. Didn’t see much brannstrom. How was he

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Good game in general.

I liked Norris's game.

Tkachuk was weird. Really good for long stretches then lazy and uninspired at times, including the last 2 minutes.

Stepan was bad but Gudbranson was horrid. If he sits for a game or two I won't complain.

Connor Brown is so good ... until he gets within 30 feet of the other team's net. Oh well. You know what you get with him. I for one appreciate it.

PP is so bad. Needs to change. No sync. No timing. Creativity has been stripped away. It sucks.

Mostly good game to watch. I enjoyed the effort.

Reactions: DrEasy

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I was just curious to see how truly "awful" those two were because of some posters' comments. Just goes to show the preconceived BS that some people have.

Your boy Stepan on the powerplay passed it to Brannstrom 4 times and all 4 times he gave him BAD passes.
And then he finally make a pass ON tape... to a Toronto player in a 1-1 hockey game in the 3rd period. And , i am not counting all the play he kill because he is slow and soft and can't keep up. You tell me he play well because he's got a 54.55CF%? You only base your opinion on a Corsi number that look good because of Stutzle and Batherson are the one who are leading the play in the offensive zone while Stepan is still at the Sens blueline trying to catch up.

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
I’m sick of Brown, Stepan and Gudbranson.

Murray looked good.
Sportsnet had a Gudbrandson Shift Length timer when he got stuck in our zone for 2 and a half minutes, they get a whistle and commercial break and he was back out there lol

I officially don’t know what Ottawa is doing with Stepan. Playing him with Stu and giving him pp time when there are clearly better options is brutal, Dorion needs to just own that he got fleeced by what is probably the only organization more of a gong show than Ottawa and trade him here for a meh prospect

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Yeah I am really trying but I don’t understand the PP occasions Stepan gets, I can understand winning a draw or whatever but then gtfo right after.

No creativity, no speed, terrible decision making, weak ass shot that he cannot get off cause too slow, way too slow on the execution/decision making. Nahh, I don’t understand at all.

Gudbranson shouldnt see top 3 minutes on this team, and I dont even really dislike him, he’s fine as a bottom pairing D.

Norris skated better again tonight. Stutzle had a couple nice shifts, one time he dangled 2-3 Leafs in the Ozone and had a good shot.

Decent game cant really complain but it was there for the taking.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Your boy Stepan on the powerplay passed it to Brannstrom 4 times and all 4 times he gave him BAD passes.
And then he finally make a pass ON tape... to a Toronto player in a 1-1 hockey game in the 3rd period. And , i am not counting all the play he kill because he is slow and soft and can't keep up. You tell me he play well because he's got a 54.55CF%? You only base your opinion on a Corsi number that look good because of Stutzle and Batherson are the one who are leading the play in the offensive zone while Stepan is still at the Sens blueline trying to catch up.

no more Stepan on the PP is my new ‘play the kids’ - he’s half asleep out there. He’s not engaged, he’s out there just participating while it looks like everyone else on the team is dying to win, Stepan is coasting

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Had to kiss tonight’s game. Wtf went down

I actually caught the last 5 minutes of the first and the first 5 minutes of the second. Didn’t see much brannstrom. How was he

Brannstrom was excellent

I really don’t get the hate from Gudbranson’s game tonight. He played 19 minutes and gamed out there. He was logging long shifts against a really skilled forward group and I thought he battled well. The penalty sucked but I that play happens to everyone.

I don’t think he had a perfect game but I think he did his job well.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Brannstrom was excellent

I really don’t get the hate from Gudbranson’s game tonight. He played 19 minutes and gamed out there. He was logging long shifts against a really skilled forward group and I thought he battled well. The penalty sucked but I that play happens to everyone.

I don’t think he had a perfect game but I think he did his job well.

It's easy to hate on Gudbranson because he's playing a role where he will get exposed, but knowing Dorion it could have been sooooo much worse. At least Gud is NHL caliber and has legitimate gravitas and toughness.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It's easy to hate on Gudbranson because he's playing a role where he will get exposed, but knowing Dorion it could have been sooooo much worse. At least Gud is NHL caliber and has legitimate gravitas and toughness.
As long as he plays on a 3rd pairing with more limited minutes, I don't have a problem with him. Zaitzev and Zub are ahead of him IMO.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Abysmal. We can't trade him fast enough.

Can you imagine how our team would be if we acquired a vet who is an ASSET. Our team would be entirely different. Like Chicago got Hossa, Pitts got Recchi. Instead we got a liability.

We *****ed up on Stepan, and yet we are still playing him, it's unbelievable. That turnover deserves to be benched in ECHL. I cannot believe he made that turnover and he was still relied on at any point of the rest of the game. Nuts.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

I think if Gudbranson is becoming the defensive scapegoat as a veteran player on a pretty young defensive corp. I completely agree with you.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Murray was really solid again
Gives us a chance to win every game lately

Also Batherson needs a shake up

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
It seems like Stepan is untradable and they are giving him lots of ice time to sell him and it’s clearly not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad