Speculation: Sens, Lebreton, and the NCC part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
(sic)

Personally I don't care who owns the team so long as it is allowed to operate in a similar way to other teams that generate about the same in revenue. But right now this team is a s#!tshow, so if it's not revenue, and it's not EM, then why the $%& is EM not firing whoever is responsible for this mess?

Your posts in this thread are great but how can you then conclude that perhaps someone else is responsible for this mess? Certainly isn't Dorion.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Wat. I don't get it. Is this a typo or is this award like the new version of a car or Madden edition and always a year ahead? They wrote 2019 multiple times so I'm led to believe it was on purpose.
It's a Best Lawyer's 2019 edition, It's a listing of the best lawyers for each region and area of practice, and each region I think gets a lawyer of the year

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I'm so excited for what's to come. I recognize how sad that is, but it's where we are. Like, wow, in less than a month, Erik Karlsson may be reporting for camp, it's gonna be such a circus each passing day that he's on his expiring contract and with the Sens.

I'm curious to see how the organization comes through this little summer hybernation they've been in. Bobby Ryan's still here. Lol. Boedker and Gaborik are on the books. Lol. Imagine Tkachuk came in and by next season was the Captain? FTR I don't think he should be up next season, but regardless, imagine that first scenario? Andy doesn't want to be here and he's the guy, as it stands. Our starter wants to leave.

Seriously, I'm ready. I won't be going; I've made my points on that in multiple threads. But I'm ready for the season to start. It'll probably be awful.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I'm so excited for what's to come. I recognize how sad that is, but it's where we are. Like, wow, in less than a month, Erik Karlsson may be reporting for camp, it's gonna be such a circus each passing day that he's on his expiring contract and with the Sens.

I'm curious to see how the organization comes through this little summer hybernation they've been in. Bobby Ryan's still here. Lol. Boedker and Gaborik are on the books. Lol. Imagine Tkachuk came in and by next season was the Captain? FTR I don't think he should be up next season, but regardless, imagine that first scenario? Andy doesn't want to be here and he's the guy, as it stands. Our starter wants to leave.

Seriously, I'm ready. I won't be going; I've made my points on that in multiple threads. But I'm ready for the season to start. It'll probably be awful.

On these boards there has been a lot of people killing the vibe but honestly, I’m so excited for the season to get going. I’m a very optimistic person and will always be a Sens fan, through thick and thin. We have some great pieces in place right now and I don’t think people realize sometimes the great pieces we have coming in the near future. I really don’t think the Sens will be as bad as they were last year, there will be a fire under their belly and they’ll have something to prove!! Go Sens Go, Go Sens Go, Go Sens Go!

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Regardless of the reasons it has come to this, the story of our season has already been written for the media with our four best and only three star players headed in to the season without a contract. If we struggle out the gate, the media is going to have Karlsson, Duchene, Stone & Dzingel as their top four on the trade board by December.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
2019 wow this guy must be good

I had the pleasure of meeting him back in 2003 when EM bought the team. He was the principle lawyer for EM back then and he was the one who orchestrated the purchase for EM from Bryden. It's odd this has come out for sure. Possibly with all his hard work for the team the last few months has catipulted him into the top lawyer spot....he certainly is representing EM again with this partnership aquisition . Ironic or coincidence.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I had the pleasure of meeting him back in 2003 when EM bought the team. He was the principle lawyer for EM back then and he was the one who orchestrated the purchase for EM from Bryden. It's odd this has come out for sure. Possibly with all his hard work for the team the last few months has catipulted him into the top lawyer spot....he certainly is representing EM again with this partnership aquisition . Ironic or coincidence.

What do you mean that it's odd that this has come out? They do this list every year, and it's based off peer review from surveys they send out to colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. It's coincidental for sure, and nice to hear that they've got at least one position staffed by presumably a top quality professional.

Reactions: bert

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Yah that tweet doesn't look too bad but the video of that from when it happened was much worse and it was a mistake in judgement but not by all that much.. I thought the reaction was a little extreme for a vet coach on a rookie player but coaches get po'ed just like anyone else sometimes.
Verbal or physical abuse is unacceptable everywhere - including behind the bench. Seriously, Crawford needs anger management sessions.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If you haven't read Sean Avery's book, he talks a bit about Crawford being totally insane:

full

Yeah... Craw is definitely on the "loose cannon" side of the crazy ledger.

I think he's fine as an assiatant coach, because there is someone above him to reign him in, but god help us if we fire Boucher this season and replace him with Crawford.

I'm no huge Boucher supporter, but if the alternative is Craw (in the event that we promote a guy already in the org, as is tradition, rather than hire fresh blood), then I'm 100% behind Guy.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
There is something to be said for bat**** crazy behind the bench. It's entertaining, if nothing else.
Generally works well for a year or two and then the players tune it out. In an assistant role however it may take longer to wear thin due to him not being the constant voice in the room.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Generally works well for a year or two and then the players tune it out. In an assistant role however it may take longer to wear thin due to him not being the constant voice in the room.

Thinking more as a fan. If we're going to play a boring ass system, at least there might be something interesting to watch on the bench. :laugh:

Say what you want about Torts, the games he's involved in are never boring. Hell, even the tv & camera crew make a point to show as many bench shots and reaction shots as possible during games when he's around. Don't want to miss any crazy.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
On these boards there has been a lot of people killing the vibe but honestly, I’m so excited for the season to get going. I’m a very optimistic person and will always be a Sens fan, through thick and thin. We have some great pieces in place right now and I don’t think people realize sometimes the great pieces we have coming in the near future. I really don’t think the Sens will be as bad as they were last year, there will be a fire under their belly and they’ll have something to prove!! Go Sens Go, Go Sens Go, Go Sens Go!

I had high hopes for last seaspn but they got dashed fairly quickly.

I remain pretty optimistic for next season: lots of naysayers to prove wrong and that is a great motivator.

We shall see if the team responds.

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa

The pieces in the system are good, it's the culture and the people shaping the organization I worry about ATM.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
The pieces in the system are good, it's the culture and the people shaping the organization I worry about ATM.
You mean Euge, Randy and Dorion are not who you want shaping these young prospects? Who da thunk it lol

On the positive end there is no way they come up thinking it is a country club environment and they'll also not know first hand how a real NHL team is supposed to be run. Win win

Reactions: NorthCoast

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
So @mysens, seeing as the Karlsson trade talks have supposedly resumed, does this mean the negotiations have gone sour and we’re stuck with Melnyk for the foreseeable future?

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Your posts in this thread are great but how can you then conclude that perhaps someone else is responsible for this mess? Certainly isn't Dorion.

Probably poorly worded on my part. Basically making the case that if it's not EM that is causing all the problems behind the scene (which obviously I believe he is 99% of the problem), then it's still EM's fault because he should have fired whoever is responsible for the issues (Dorion).

Buck stops at EM no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad