Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Jets, Thursday 8pm on TSN (2nd last pre-season game)

R2010

May 23, 2011
Both goalies look like #15 to #20 ranked goalies in the league. That's awesome to have two of them. Ride who ever is hot.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
He’s also “into crypto”, which I’m not exactly sure what that means other than he bought some crypto currency..?
I thought he said he was into blockchain - which is what people who are into crypto say so that people won't roll their eyes. "Oh, hold that crypto thought. I gotta grab a beer, but don't move I will definitely be right back"

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
DJ seems to like Chartier. Will Sens fans appreciate him.

I get the hustle and he has speed .. I would just like to see him be in the play.. catch the pass .. make a pass / make a play. If he can manage that with his defensive game I would like him more. I think individually given some space he can create for himself and he can shoot it,
I expect that Chartier will be replaced at some point by either Norris or Pinto, I would even start Greig over him, if he had more offence he might be okay, but I see him mostly as a career minor leaguer. I wonder if they will take the risk of putting Smejkal on waivers to play in Belleville & save some money, I'm not sure he would make it through. Tarasenko needs a playmaker on his line that can get him the puck in a scoring position & the best playmaker on this team IMO is Batherson, given Giroux, Stutzle & Tkachuk make up our top line.

I think we all agree that Kubalik & Pinto on the 3rd line would help increase scoring on that line but who would be the next best player to play with those two. IMO it would be Greig who can do so many things well & plays a fiesty game, he has the skillset to be another good goal scorer & playmaker & I would move Pinto over to RW to give us a better player in that position too. However, given the situation & the numbers it's most likely they will send Greig to Belleville since he doesn't need to go through waivers. They need to find a way to move Joseph & I would rather have Smejkal over Bailey & Kelly but he could get caught in the numbers as well like Greig.

Reactions: Cosmix

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I didn't see the entire game, but based on what I saw: the team showed a lot of hustle chasing the puck, but that also means they didn't have the puck all that much. When they did have the puck, there was a lot of short passes and quick transition, that looked good sometimes but didn't lead to a lot of puck possession. Missing our #2 and #3 centres will probably do that...

Bailey did legit look much better than in past games, he showcased his vision on the pass to Chychrun on that goal.

My favorite thing about the team so far is all the one-timer options we have now, with players who don't hesitate to use it: Chychrun, Kubalik, TaraSENko, and more and more Stu as well.

If Norris can join this team I'm very optimistic about our playoff chances. I think we could survive Pinto sitting out the season if it came to that. But Norris is key.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Both goalies look like #15 to #20 ranked goalies in the league. That's awesome to have two of them. Ride who ever is hot.
You know what as a tandem I would ranked them #2 in the Atlantic right behind the Bruins.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Bailey could add some offense in our bottom 6

Lol, you just know he's getting PP1/2 time if he makes the team.

Forsberg looked sharp even though he only faced 21 shots.

Very, very sharp. Stopped 2 key breakaways. Breakaways seemed to be our achilles heel previous years with our guys letting them in frequently instead of momentum changers.

Reactions: gab6511

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I have seen enough

OIG.yRmfpSmBugFjwWHtypOs

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Crickets about Bailey in the thread by the looks of it. How did he play any unbiased takes?
A goal and an assist never hurts your cause, but apart from the PP was kind of unnoticeable

That was a great game last night. Think we're going to see a lot more of Sanderson creating offence.

Too much special teams for my liking last night but a pretty solid all around effort

boxbox

Sep 8, 2022
I have seen enough

OIG.yRmfpSmBugFjwWHtypOs
almost fell off my chair fing laughing at this ....

If this scenario ever becomes reality I bet Ottawa BY-LAW would make it a mandatory requirement for all members of the Ottawa Senators hockey club to wear a safety harness along with a helmet if sitting on top of a moving vehicle was their preferred method of hosting the cup during the parade and set the max occupancy to 2.

Reactions: aragorn

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Guys are very aggressive, without the puck now, in trying to get it back, DJ said they were going to make some tweaks to the system, it’s looking good.
Now Challenging guys entering our zone, another change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad