Post-Game Talk: SENS @ Jets, Thursday 8pm on TSN (2nd last pre-season game)

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Back to back shutouts for our tendies. The veteran Hamonic laying the body out in the final seconds of a preseason game - what a warrior. All the 'hockey experts' and amateur capologists always seem to gloss over that stuff somehow.

Great game, Go Sens Go!

If only the Sens had hired an amateur capologist, might not be in the cap pickle they are.

Doesn't take away from the fact that the team is looking solid in pre-season! Love to see them gaining confidence as they string some solid performances together.

Psycroptic86

Oct 5, 2019
Pretty hard to not get excited about the upcoming season with this roster. Center depth is the only concern I have at the moment.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Great? I'll go along with fine maybe stretch that to good but Great?

Kubalik has been great tonight lol

I thought he was a menace when the jets had the puck. Great forecheck as always and really closed down open ice. It’s the type of play that makes him most effective. He’s been doing it all preseason too, the goals are nice but it’s that type of stuff I look for from him. Will be sad to see him go.

Kubalik was good too, I think a lot of guys played good and they played as a unit even if the middle two lines struggled to find chemistry offensively.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
yeah but I didn't know it was that accurate. Although the Senator looks like Sloth from The Goonies
It's always learning and it will eventually be the downfall of mankind. Right now it's absolutely hilarious tho. Heres a reject version where Bailey seemingly forgot to let go.

_f7d61ef0-7b77-4eea-aedf-8d5b9fb44950.jpeg

Josh Bailey raised to the rafters of the CTC.... permanently. Lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
DJ seems to like Chartier. Will Sens fans appreciate him.
I thought he was a menace when the jets had the puck. Great forecheck as always and really closed down open ice. It’s the type of play that makes him most effective. He’s been doing it all preseason too, the goals are nice but it’s that type of stuff I look for from him. Will be sad to see him go.

Kubalik was good too, I think a lot of guys played good and they played as a unit even if the middle two lines struggled to find chemistry offensively.
I get the hustle and he has speed .. I would just like to see him be in the play.. catch the pass .. make a pass / make a play. If he can manage that with his defensive game I would like him more. I think individually given some space he can create for himself and he can shoot it,

Reactions: bert and Korpse

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Look guys, the Sens are 1st in the division and 2nd in the league:

boxbox

Sep 8, 2022
Those of you who watch the Sens play regularly (pre season game 1 to final whistle of reg season game 82) , what would you say is the biggest factor to the teams pre-season success ???

A win is a win pre season or not and always better than a loss...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great dominating defensive game for the Sens tonight, how has DJ's coaching been this preseason? And they will only get better if they can get a couple more of their good young players into this lineup. One of them will replace Chartier & the other should replace Joseph to free up the money required to sign Pinto who will likely replace Kelly or Bailey. The defence also looked great tonight breaking up numerous plays & making a number of good plays, Sanderson continues to impress with his skating, smarts & skillset. Goatending with two shutouts in a row, when was the last time that happened? Couldn't ask for a better preseason, now let's hope the start of the yr goes this way as well.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Those of you who watch the Sens play regularly (pre season game 1 to final whistle of reg season game 82) , what would you say is the biggest factor to the teams pre-season success ???

Goaltending has been a big part of it.

Put Talbot back in net and we probably would have more lossess then wins lol.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Goaltending has been much better & they need to stay healthy & their defensive play especially in these last two shutout wins has been awsome.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I get the hustle and he has speed .. I would just like to see him be in the play.. catch the pass .. make a pass / make a play. If he can manage that with his defensive game I would like him more. I think individually given some space he can create for himself and he can shoot it,

He could be better in that respect. If he were he would be a different and much more effective player but as is I think he’s at his best making the simple play and using his feet to cause problems for the opposition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad