Post-Game Talk: SENS in Washington, Tues. 7:00pm

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well that was depressing. Chabot, Chucky, and White dont look like the same hot prospects they did a few games ago.

Its going to be really hard to watch for the rest of this year.

At this point I am only interested in watching

Chabot
Wolanin
White
Tkachuk
Duclair

No interest in Boro, Boedker, Smith, Paajarvi, Ceci, Tierney

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The room was broken is the excuse. They are the ones making excuses for a poorly constructed team. Did the crap between hoff and Karlsson's spouses cause issues, sure, was the team going to be good without those issues, highly un-freaking-likely. Everybody saw the gaping holes in the lineup going into the year. The only hope was Karlsson continuing where he left off, but that wasn't going to happen after surgery.

The team quite obviously over-performed the year we made it to the ECF not to mention caught a lot of breaks in terms of opponents getting injured, and then it got significantly worse on paper, and the guy carrying the team all that year came back from surgery unable to do what he used to do. You can deny that all you want and blame it on the room, but clearly fixing the room only made things worse as this team is doing worse than last years edition with far better goaltending.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think it's a lot easier to watch since the team has been torn to shreds. Waiting for all those trade and wondering when and if was a hellish month. It's over and now we can breathe again.

No expectations.

....the hockey itself is kinda sucky though. But hey...hockey is hockey.

I can only watch Thomas Chabot makes good passes so many times in 8-2 losses before watching re-runs of 24 on DVD gets tempting.

Please nobody spoil that Jack Bauers wife gets killed at the end of season 1. That will ruin it for me.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
We made it to east final against Pittsburgh so it was perfectly fine to think that way at the time. But what isn't reasonable is expecting that same group to get back there after everything that has transpired since then.

No it wasn't that team was full of holes that Karlsson was making up for because he played 30 minutes of elite defence and offence . That team was mediocre and it was easy to see.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I can only watch Thomas Chabot makes good passes so many times in 8-2 losses before watching re-runs of 24 on DVD gets tempting.

Please nobody spoil that Jack Bauers wife gets killed at the end of season 1. That will ruin it for me.

Hey remember when Tony became a terrorist? What the f*** was up with that.

Reactions: Dhakhan

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Wtf man spoiler alert

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
What's even more troubling than watching this type of game is hearing radio promos of upcoming games using the voice of Dean Brown calling a goal scored by JG Pageau some time back and them saying come and watch the Sens and JG Pageau against team "X".

I like the guy as a 3rd liner but lets get real he's not the player that will make anyone he's not related to buy tickets.

Reactions: saskriders

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Cleaned up to get through this season(not win). I know it was broken because of the evidence in the way they played and what we were told by the team.
Dorion also said we would be much better this year than last. We’re not. So.... wtf dude it came out of the teams mouth.

Reactions: lancepitlick

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Not really.

Why should we plug our ears, close our eyes and "get over" the slow and purposeful demolition of our beloved franchise? Why would we "get over" something that is still occurring?

Anyways, don't want to get too off-topic, but I think you are completely out of line here. If you want to be myopic in the face of a big travesty, go ahead, but don't lecture us.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It sucks to be an Ottawa Senator right now but you got to go to strap on your boots and go to work, be a professional. Do it for the guy next to you who’s stepping in front of 90mph slapshots. That was an absolutely disgusting effort, especially from one player who should be stepping up and taking charge.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It sucks to be an Ottawa Senator right now but you got to go to strap on your boots and go to work, be a professional. Do it for the guy next to you who’s stepping in front of 90mph slapshots. That was an absolutely disgusting effort, especially from one player who should be stepping up and taking charge.

Every team we face is the Harlem Globetrotters and we're the guys in green.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Every team we face is the Harlem Globetrotters and we're the guys in green.

Yeah if you let them, any team will look like the Harlem Glibetrotters. That was some of the worst NHL hockey I’ve watched. Yes the team f***ing sucks and I don’t expect them to win many games from here on out but putting forward that kind of effort is going to make it 10x worse. Play with some pride.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm waiting for one of those B&W inspirational advertisements the Sens have put out this season with Ceci's face and the quote "You have to learn how to lose before you learn how to win".

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Who's the one player? I stopped watching after the first

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
What's even more troubling than watching this type of game is hearing radio promos of upcoming games using the voice of Dean Brown calling a goal scored by JG Pageau some time back and them saying come and watch the Sens and JG Pageau against team "X”.
I heard that. Then it occurred to me that Pageau has exactly one goal this season. I guess it was a very special goal? Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad