Post-Game Talk: SENS in Washington, Tues. 7:00pm

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Speaking of the Blues

What is happening in St louis?

5 pts from Nashville with 3 games in hand

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It sucks to be an Ottawa Senator right now but you got to go to strap on your boots and go to work, be a professional. Do it for the guy next to you who’s stepping in front of 90mph slapshots. That was an absolutely disgusting effort, especially from one player who should be stepping up and taking charge.
Who's the one player? I stopped watching after the first

Can I guess? Was it Smith?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Derriere for Lafreniere

"Derniere" - get your French right, man! ;-) Now that I think about it, though, maybe derriere works also .;-)

We will be the worst NHL team in the post-lockout era next year - that's a given. Whether we start to threaten the records of some of the old expansion teams is the question. We'll be lucky to hit 30 points next year, and there will be nights with 5k-6k in the building at home. It's going to be comical. The year following, 2020-21, may only be slightly better. I don't think Euge has quite grasped how long two years is when you're bleeding at the box office and getting killed on the ice.

Reactions: NyQuil and Senscore

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
"Derniere" - get your French right, man! ;-) Now that I think about it, though, maybe derriere works also .;-)

We will be the worst NHL team in the post-lockout era next year - that's a given. Whether we start to threaten the records of some of the old expansion teams is the question. We'll be lucky to hit 30 points next year, and there will be nights with 5k-6k in the building at home. It's going to be comical. The year following, 2020-21, may only be slightly better. I don't think Euge has quite grasped how long two years is when you're bleeding at the box office and getting killed on the ice.

We are gonna be total ass next year.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Byfield + new owner and I think we’ll be set.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They said the room was broken but you deny it and make up excuses so that you can eventually put %100 of the blame on the coaches or gm.
k yeah then they fixed the room you said.... and we are doing worse than last year which was one of our worst seasons ever since the beginning days lol...…. like do you not remember the grandiose bragging you put on display here at the start of this season lmfao..

Reactions: Deku

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Derriere for Lafreniere
listen.. someone can hopefully jump in here and tell me im wrong... but is lafreniere the kind of prospect that can come into a shitshow at 18 and turn it around? or at least still get his ppg? from what ive seen I don't think so..... but then again haven't seen over 10 games of the kid.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah if you let them, any team will look like the Harlem Glibetrotters. That was some of the worst NHL hockey I’ve watched. Yes the team ****ing sucks and I don’t expect them to win many games from here on out but putting forward that kind of effort is going to make it 10x worse. Play with some pride.
@solidprospect don't you think the main symptom of a room FINALLY being fixed would be max-balls to the wall effort? we don't even get that

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Duclair is playing for a contract.

Both of those guys are playing for their NHL lives, so I would expect that they will play hard. My concern is that the rest of the team is going to start checking out. Tkachuk is likely worn out at this stage, and a lot of the others just want it to be over. There are more ugly beatdowns to come over the next five weeks, many of the humiliating variety like we saw last night.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
*cough* Melnyk *cough* adequate investment *cough*
You just bring up a name and think a rebuild won't work, or that investment in actual dollars translates to a cup winning team when that's not true, winning must come first(usually froma young core of prime players) then you spend after that. Or even some sort of confidence in being able to win.

Did people love the penguins ownership before fleury,crosby,malkin,letang showed up and they trade jagr?
did people love the hawks before X?
did people love the caps before X?

Not proof of anything, other teams turn around their rosters all the time despite fans beliefs at the time.

Last edited:

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
k yeah then they fixed the room you said.... and we are doing worse than last year which was one of our worst seasons ever since the beginning days lol...…. like do you not remember the grandiose bragging you put on display here at the start of this season lmfao..
Do you remember misinterpreting everything like you and others so commonly do around here.

Last edited:

Another Mr Lizard

I heard he was Danish
Nov 19, 2017
You just bring up a name and think a rebuild won't work, or that investment in actual dollars translates to a cup winning team when that's not true, winning must come first(usually froma young core of prime players) then you spend after that. Or even some sort of confidence in being able to win.

Did people love the penguins ownership before fleury,crosby,malkin,letang showed up and they trade jagr?
did people love the hawks before X?
did people love the caps before X?

Not proof of anything, other teams turn around their rosters all the time despite fans beliefs at the time.

All very well but we know Melnyk won’t spend. We had a team with plenty of promise that was winning and he didn’t spend, we offloaded Karlsson, Turris, Stone etc. For what? For prospects to develop into players as good as Karlsson, Turris and Stone? Waste of time if you ask me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad