Post-Game Talk: SENS in NY Isles, Friday December 01, 7:00 pm on TSN

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
So time to send Chabot back until he's ready, right?

Seriously though, this team can be saved by our youth. Chabot, White, Gagne, Harpur, and Jaros can all play better than a bunch of guys here right now. Not saying we need to call every single one of them up and sit vets, but let's give Chabot and Harpur their opportunity and look at getting another forward in here who's hungry.

If I'm Dorion right now, I'd just waive Oduya or deal him for a conditional pick to force Boucher's hand. He should not play unless we have 3 or 4 injuries on D. Seemed like he got sat in the third... until the last 2 minutes when I think they had him on for the entire last 90 seconds.

Dzingel was fantastic tonight. He flashes a lot but tonight he was dominant. Chabot looked like Karlsson and Dzingel looked like Duchene (who also played very well imo).

It was really refreshing to see Karlsson get carried by his teammates instead of the other way around. He just can't do it right now.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Chabot better get 6 mins next game or better yet demoted to the AHL. Not enough intangibles/60 for this system.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Another guy that I thought played well was Dumont. He's a lot more suited for his role than Dido. He had some nice shifts forechecking and creating some turnovers. If that's a one for one swap, we get a bit faster and a bit younger. Need more of that going forward.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Ryan -Brassard-Stone. Leave them together. It was working early October, don't touch it anymore.
Smith-Duch-Dzingle. 95 & 15 looking good. Don't know if Hoff should be the 3rd instead. We know we can always put
Pyatt-Pageau-Hoff
Thompson-Dumont-Burrows They had a few nice cycling shifts. Burrows looks bad, especially when he touches a puck.

Claesson-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Harpur-Ceci

I wanted this D line up for so long, especially 2 & 72 together. I think it's a better fit than the dreaded 2 & 5 combo. Puck mover and and a stay at home on each line. Ceci probably seeing a bit less time, mays could carry the puck a bit more too instead of being in shut-down mode all the time. I would not be opposed to see if Harpur can play a few shifts with 65 every now and then.

It should be Condon's net now.

All this talk about earning your ice time and playing guys that deserve it. Andy hasn't won squat since the beginning of the year. We can't afford waiting for him to get his game back. The season in at stakes here.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Can the ppl who want Chabot to play in the A “so we don’t ruin him/so he can learn the pro game” please notify us of your feelings

He looked really good tonight, even when you don’t look at the three points he had. If he can play like that consistently he absolutely should be here, right now that’s the question. How consistently can he play well.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Ryan -Brassard-Stone. Leave them together. It was working early October, don't touch it anymore.
Smith-Duch-Dzingle. 95 & 15 looking good. Don't know if Hoff should be the 3rd instead. We know we can always put
Pyatt-Pageau-Hoff
Thompson-Dumont-Burrows They had a few nice cycling shifts. Burrows looks bad, especially when he touches a puck.

Claesson-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Harpur-Ceci
Perfect combos IMO.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Didn't notice how hard Chabot called for the puck when he scored. That confidence is good to see. He knew that he had the clear lane and wanted the rock for a one tee. Not many other sens dman can one tee with any consitent accuracy
I don't really think he can shoot better than most our D, Ceci and Phaneuf have bombs but look how Chabot moves his feet to get that lane. That's what we're lacking on the PP all season. There's not a mobile guy like that on the backend who can unload those. Chabot is the answer to our PP troubles.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
It's time to start playing Condon as the starter for a while. Something's up with Anderson.

Completely agree....even before tonight's game the shot of him in the locker room...he looked nervous and lost. Then during the game on a couple of occasions it appeared to me by his body language that he was dejected and disinterested. Not sure what's going on but perhaps they should ride Condon for the next few games until Anderson gets himself sorted out.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Karlsson and Anderson nearly cost us another game. What a disaster. Anyways, good for others to step up.

HEROES

Dzingel - nice finish for a change
Chabot - well done at both ends of the ice
Duchene - could have had 3 more assists with strong down low play. Heck of a game if some guys could finish his plays
Smith - good to have him back
Ryan - 2 pts, let's hope it helps his confidence

ZEROES

Karlsson - embarrassing
Anderson - quits on plays
Claesson - regressing
Brassard - meh
Oduya - has to sit
i agree Oduya needs to sit
Karlsson and Anderson needs to get their act together
we need more Chabot :)

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Chabot >>> Karlsson on the PP AINEC

Karlsson could be the best player in the NHL on the PP but he has to overthink for some reason... that seems to be recurrent among Sens skilled players though. Just take Hoffman for example, when that guy plays with instinct he is a total machine. When he starts to overthink, it gets tricky.

Let's be real one sec... the only things that get "overhyped" on this board is the negativity promoted by a small group of very negative posters

I really don't see it the other way around. Formentonthefuture was doing it, but he got ran out town real fast
But its really hard to be positive when you lose 7 in a row, i do agree that we need to be a little more "centered" with our emotion, i think every fan base tend to be near sighted so every loss feels like the end of the world.

Reactions: Xspyrit and Beville

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
I don't really think he can shoot better than most our D, Ceci and Phaneuf have bombs but look how Chabot moves his feet to get that lane. That's what we're lacking on the PP all season. There's not a mobile guy like that on the backend who can unload those. Chabot is the answer to our PP troubles.

I was talking specifically with a one timer tho. Phaneuf has a good all round point shot, and more velocity for sure. All our other dman can't seem to hit the net with a one timer, specifically on the power play. I agree with Chabots movement being the difference. It is for sure a limited sample size but it looks like he has the brains to be in the right position to get pucks through with one timers. I also like the shoot first mentality which this team lacks overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
atta boy chabot. scored tying goal, assisted on tying goal later and setup game winner. better sit him or send him down again :sarcasm:

Reactions: albator71

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Didn't notice how hard Chabot called for the puck when he scored. That confidence is good to see. He knew that he had the clear lane and wanted the rock for a one tee. Not many other sens dman can one tee with any consitent accuracy
I totally agree. Confidence seems to be huge for every player in the NHL. If he has this much confidence at 20 years old, and the humility to match, I feel he will only grow in it through his career.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Awesome to get a win, get 3/4 more on this roadtrip and we are back in business.

Chabot CAN NOT come out of the lineup. It was completely idiotic to not have him in there from the start and let him work out his rookie jitters. He is clearly one of our top 4 D, and our best PP option.

He had 2 one-timers that resulted in a goal and assist. How did it take this long for someone to try that on the PP rather than pause and overpass the puck? That should have been implemented weeks and weeks ago.

Let's ride this wave from the game and nail out a few more W's, we desperately need them.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Yeah. If Chabot comes out, so must be Boucher and Dorion. And please, call up White.
Karlsson sucks. I know, injury. But he was injured in PO too. Pointless in how many ? And how much money he wants ?
I don't know what to do with Andy, but we need better goaltending ASAP.
And almost forget, trade Ceci.

Reactions: branch and Alex1234

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So I missed the game, but looks like from the extended highlights Karlsson and Anderson had a rough night... Anderson was left out to dry a bunch, but 5 goals against in 30 mins yikes.

Whatever is going on with Karlsson needs to stop if we want to get back on track.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He looked really good tonight, even when you don’t look at the three points he had. If he can play like that consistently he absolutely should be here, right now that’s the question. How consistently can he play well.
Right off the bat ypure setting yourself up for dissapointment. He won't play like that consistently. There are gonna be games where there are serious hiccups. But you don't send him down or bench him because of that. Great young players make a mistake and then simply say "oh k. I gotta be faster in that situation". Then it's done. Problem fixed. If he's playing like that consistently well then I think he'll make a run for a couple awards in the summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad