Post-Game Talk: SENS in NY Isles, Friday December 01, 7:00 pm on TSN

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Watched the game at a local establishment tonight.
I thought Chabot was really good in all aspects... even forced to play on his backhand in the Dzone. I hope Boucher sees it .. we need him in the lineup.. not just .. he should be in the lineup.
Defensive zone coverage absolutely sucked. Can we not cover a player 3 feet in front of the net vs watching the puck?
Karlsson was responsible partly for 3 GA. Not impressed by what he is bringing right now. He better figure it out if he expects to lead this team anywhere.
Anderson played the puck up the boards when he should have left it for Chabot who had the whole side open.. resulted in a goal that made other players look bad as well.
Zack Smith with another really strong game. He was good vs the Habs as well.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Anderson played the puck up the boards when he should have left it for Chabot who had the whole side open.. resulted in a goal that made other players look bad as well.

He should have, support wasn’t there up the wall but I wonder if there was a break down in communication. Anderson isn’t going to play that it to the defender if he isn’t calling for it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He should have, support wasn’t there up the wall but I wonder if there was a break down in communication. Anderson isn’t going to play that it to the defender if he isn’t calling for it.
Its just there was sooooo much open ice up the other side.. I am not sure why Anderson played it. Maybe he saw an outlet .. Watch that replay and it makes you wonder

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Its just there was sooooo much open ice up the other side.. I am not sure why Anderson played it. Maybe he saw an outlet .. Watch that replay and it makes you wonder

Oh, I know. Just saying its usually the defensemen telling the goaltender what to do in that situation. Andy playing the puck up the wall, makes me wonder if there was any communication. If Chabot has ice to take the puck behind the net, he has to let Andy know.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Karlsson and Anderson nearly cost us another game. What a disaster. Anyways, good for others to step up.

HEROES

Dzingel - nice finish for a change
Chabot - well done at both ends of the ice
Duchene - could have had 3 more assists with strong down low play. Heck of a game if some guys could finish his plays
Smith - good to have him back
Ryan - 2 pts, let's hope it helps his confidence

ZEROES

Karlsson - embarrassing
Anderson - quits on plays
Claesson - regressing
Brassard - meh
Oduya - has to sit

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1Aelqn.jpg

Chabot's TOI for the game I think 3:31 is too low in the 1st and 3rd. "The Kid" did everything.. played his offside, stepped up and broke up plays on the left side, broke up plays in the Dzone, moved the puck and got 3 points... He wants off the pablum

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Yeah, Duchene works great below the goal line and Smith goes to the front of the net well. Keep that 68-95-15 line together next game.
I thought tonight Hoff was often out of position, or at least not where I expected him to be. Then again he's usually kind of like that. Don't know if he's the best fit on this line, but then again I don't have any suggestion as to who would be better.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I thought tonight Hoff was often out of position, or at least not where I expected him to be. Then again he's usually kind of like that. Don't know if he's the best fit on this line, but then again I don't have any suggestion as to who would be better.

In that Smith-Duchene-Hoffman line, Matt can be the guy he was tonight, working hard below the face-off dots. Smith can be the guy that goes to the net and plays physically. Hoffman can be the "floater," finding open ice to receive a pass from Duch or Karl/Chabot/other D.

Reactions: Bileur

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Karlsson last 8 GP: 0 points.

Chabot last 1 GP: 3 points.

Chabot >>> Karlsson on the PP AINEC

Karlsson could be the best player in the NHL on the PP but he has to overthink for some reason... that seems to be recurrent among Sens skilled players though. Just take Hoffman for example, when that guy plays with instinct he is a total machine. When he starts to overthink, it gets tricky.

Ceci made a great play on Tavares. I fear that's gonna get overhyped on this board though as if he's the first guy to ever stop Tavares.

Let's be real one sec... the only things that get "overhyped" on this board is the negativity promoted by a small group of very negative posters

I really don't see it the other way around. Formentonthefuture was doing it, but he got ran out town real fast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad