Post-Game Talk: SENS in NY Isles, Friday December 01, 7:00 pm on TSN

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Right off the bat ypure setting yourself up for dissapointment. He won't play like that consistently. There are gonna be games where there are serious hiccups. But you don't send him down or bench him because of that. Great young players make a mistake and then simply say "oh k. I gotta be faster in that situation". Then it's done. Problem fixed. If he's playing like that consistently well then I think he'll make a run for a couple awards in the summer

Just to be clear, I don’t expect him to perform that well every night. I understand there being hiccups, there’s plenty of examples of players working through it too. There just has to be some sort of consistency in his game, thats all I was trying to say. If it's just a good performance every now and then, thats not enough to say he is ready imo. It's got to be multiple times a week and not just once a week.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
He looked really good tonight, even when you don’t look at the three points he had. If he can play like that consistently he absolutely should be here, right now that’s the question. How consistently can he play well.
None of our Dmen are consistent
I bet Chabot will be one of the more consistent

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Ryan -Brassard-Stone. Leave them together. It was working early October, don't touch it anymore.
Smith-Duch-Dzingle. 95 & 15 looking good. Don't know if Hoff should be the 3rd instead. We know we can always put
Pyatt-Pageau-Hoff
Thompson-Dumont-Burrows They had a few nice cycling shifts. Burrows looks bad, especially when he touches a puck.

Claesson-Karlsson
Chabot-Phaneuf
Harpur-Ceci

I wanted this D line up for so long, especially 2 & 72 together. I think it's a better fit than the dreaded 2 & 5 combo. Puck mover and and a stay at home on each line. Ceci probably seeing a bit less time, mays could carry the puck a bit more too instead of being in shut-down mode all the time. I would not be opposed to see if Harpur can play a few shifts with 65 every now and then.

It should be Condon's net now.

All this talk about earning your ice time and playing guys that deserve it. Andy hasn't won squat since the beginning of the year. We can't afford waiting for him to get his game back. The season in at stakes here.

That's the lineup I'd like to see as well.
It seems so obvious that that is our best 6 D

Reactions: MarkStone

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Out of curiosity, having not watched the game where was it that Chabot thrived? Just the PP, or was he good at ES too? Was he playing well in the D zone, or just the OZ?

His possession numbers are surprisingly low (2nd lowest on the team and lowest among D), and scoring chance data is no better. I know better than to rely on that without the eye test to back it up. Was he playing high pace back and forth, or deliberate low event? Was he on the right side mostly or the left (He seems to have mostly played with Claesson and Phaneuf, and a little with Ceci, so I'm guessing mostly on the right side)

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Looked at the highlights again

Anderson doesnt compete at all on the rebond

After the initial shot he quits every time

He needs to sit and watch Condon play

Reactions: MarkStone

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Out of curiosity, having not watched the game where was it that Chabot thrived? Just the PP, or was he good at ES too? Was he playing well in the D zone, or just the OZ?

His possession numbers are surprisingly low (2nd lowest on the team and lowest among D), and scoring chance data is no better. I know better than to rely on that without the eye test to back it up. Was he playing high pace back and forth, or deliberate low event? Was he on the right side mostly or the left (He seems to have mostly played with Claesson and Phaneuf, and a little with Ceci, so I'm guessing mostly on the right side)
Boucher had him playing both sides at different times. His goal was a one-timer from his offside where he basicallly demanded Ryan give him the pick. Really confident move from a rookie.

1 pp assist was a one-timer from his offside, the other was a point shot that missed the net from the left side of the point. He should/will be the guy dictating the play from the left side/middle of the rink on the PP, but he's making it work with the role he's being given.

It's the simple things he's doing that none of our other D can or will do. He's getting pucks through to the net, he's actually moving in the offensive zone rather than staying static in his spot and passing off to someone. Right now he's our best skating D with Karlssons obvious injury.

Whether or not Boucher can "trust" a 20year old in situations shouldn't be relevant right now. Even if he was a complete tire fire in other aspects of the game (which he isn't, far from) he needs to be dressed and given major minutes. He is the best PP option on the team, including forwards, and he offers offence and skating that no one outside of Karlsson can. Leaving him out of the lineup for a guy who "may" make less mistakes while providing 0 offenders is handicapping you from the start, which has been the case every game we have had any of Claesson/Harpur/Oduya/Boro/Wideman in over him.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Looked at the highlights again

Anderson doesnt compete at all on the rebond

After the initial shot he quits every time

He needs to sit and watch Condon play

This is one of the main this I noticed watching live. Granted the defence could have battled better to clear the rebounds/scrambles and the goals came quickly but Andy was clearly just watching the play and gave up on at least two goals. No fight at all from him last night.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Boucher had him playing both sides at different times. His goal was a one-timer from his offside where he basicallly demanded Ryan give him the pick. Really confident move from a rookie.

1 pp assist was a one-timer from his offside, the other was a point shot that missed the net from the left side of the point. He should/will be the guy dictating the play from the left side/middle of the rink on the PP, but he's making it work with the role he's being given.

It's the simple things he's doing that none of our other D can or will do. He's getting pucks through to the net, he's actually moving in the offensive zone rather than staying static in his spot and passing off to someone. Right now he's our best skating D with Karlssons obvious injury.

Whether or not Boucher can "trust" a 20year old in situations shouldn't be relevant right now. Even if he was a complete tire fire in other aspects of the game (which he isn't, far from) he needs to be dressed and given major minutes. He is the best PP option on the team, including forwards, and he offers offence and skating that no one outside of Karlsson can. Leaving him out of the lineup for a guy who "may" make less mistakes while providing 0 offenders is handicapping you from the start, which has been the case every game we have had any of Claesson/Harpur/Oduya/Boro/Wideman in over him.

Thanks. I actually have really liked Harpur when in, but not at the expense of Chabot. Ideally, both should be in. Oduya or Claesson seems like the ones who should come out.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Just to be clear, I don’t expect him to perform that well every night. I understand there being hiccups, there’s plenty of examples of players working through it too. There just has to be some sort of consistency in his game, thats all I was trying to say. If it's just a good performance every now and then, thats not enough to say he is ready imo. It's got to be multiple times a week and not just once a week.
We'll I would said out of all his NHL games. He's had 2 subpar ones. That's good enough for me.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think that Boucher should go with a two goalie system here, Anderson cant handle being the #1 guy, so you have to split the games 50/50, we have two good goaltenders why not take advantage of it.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Thanks. I actually have really liked Harpur when in, but not at the expense of Chabot. Ideally, both should be in. Oduya or Claesson seems like the ones who should come out.

I like Claesson more so than Oduya, but Claeasson had a real rough game. I would still have Oduya out though.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Yeah. If Chabot comes out, so must be Boucher and Dorion. And please, call up White.
Karlsson sucks. I know, injury. But he was injured in PO too. Pointless in how many ? And how much money he wants ?
I don't know what to do with Andy, but we need better goaltending ASAP.
And almost forget, trade Ceci.
I'm willing to be patient with Karlsson. Yes he was injured in the playoffs, but he was also in game shape then. Now he's trying to recover from having half his ankle bone sawed off, and rehabbing from a summer when he couldn't skate or do much of anything with his legs. So basically he's trying to play NHL hockey with the legs of a sedentary office worker. I won't judge him until he gets his jump and explosiveness back, since those are what separates him from ordinary skilled players.

Reactions: Karl Prime

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
But its really hard to be positive when you lose 7 in a row, i do agree that we need to be a little more "centered" with our emotion, i think every fan base tend to be near sighted so every loss feels like the end of the world.

I know and it's normal, I was pretty negative too and actually haven't watched the last few games because they frustrated me. I have them all recorded. Not sure yet what I am going to do lol. For now I have watched the extended highlights on DMTS

I was not really talking about a balance of positive and negative or anything though. It's just that the poster I quoted said that a great Ceci play could get "overhyped", but I don't agree because I don't really see that kind of thing happen much; it's more bad plays that get "overhyped"

Reactions: albator71

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I know and it's normal, I was pretty negative too and actually haven't watched the last few games because they frustrated me. I have them all recorded. Not sure yet what I am going to do lol. For now I have watched the extended highlights on DMTS

I was not really talking about a balance of positive and negative or anything though. It's just that the poster I quoted said that a great Ceci play could get "overhyped", but I don't agree because I don't really see that kind of thing happen much; it's more bad plays that get "overhyped"
Yes I agree with that, we tend to "overhyped" bad plays versus good plays, me too i do the same, i always record sens game i dont watch them live because i get pretty riled up, i watch the game only if the sens win :) its better for my heart also

Reactions: Xspyrit and Cosmix

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

In addition to what @BondraTime said, I noticed him getting the puck out of the zone promptly. A couple of cases I remember: one was a quick pass in transition to someone in the neutral zone who mishandled it, one was him collecting the puck on the right side, but then going behind the net and maybe instinctively skating with the puck from the left side (with his partner (Pha9?) switching to the right side as he did that).

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Can the ppl who want Chabot to play in the A “so we don’t ruin him/so he can learn the pro game” please notify us of your feelings

I thought Chabot should start the year in the AHL to acclimatize to the pro men’s game and be called up after a few months. The few months are up. It’s Chabot time now due to his progression and injuries to Boro and Wideman. Yes, I would like to see him on the first pairing with EK.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yes I agree with that, we tend to "overhyped" bad plays versus good plays, me too i do the same, i always record sens game i dont watch them live because i get pretty riled up, i watch the game only if the sens win :) its better for my heart also

I like to watch all of the games to experience the joys of victory and agony of defeat! :)

Reactions: albator71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad