Low Effort GDT Sens in Nashville - 1:30PM | TSN5 | Early Afternoon Bumpkin Bash Edition

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Everybody ahead of us in the standings has a winning record in their last 10 games. Tough conference!

(OK, Florida is 4-3-3, don't know whether to call that a winning record or not)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Way too passive here.
I found that the Fs were too aggressive on the 4 minute PP near the end of the game. We did NOT need a goal to win; we just needed to keep the puck away from our net. The Fs were pushing to get a goal and took too many risks, resulting in Nashville getting odd man rushes and threatening to score. The team could have played a risk averse PP for 4 minutes to leave only about 30 seconds left to play.

It was the right play, Tkachuk just skates past it
There was another option: just shoot it into the O zone to use up more time. However I do not disagree with the pass to T.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It was the right play, Tkachuk just skates past it
There was another option: just shoot it into the O zone to use up more time. However I do not disagree with the pass to T.
Never really thought about it before, but yeah you're right. If you're not allowed to change lines on an icing why can you put your goalie back?
Plus:

1. Iceing the puck should not be allowed by the team with the penalty; it should result in a face-off in the zone of the penalized team, plus add 5 seconds to the clock.

2. if a team commits an infraction worthy of a penalty and the other team scores before the play is stopped, the penalty should be served!

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Chabot looks extremely passive these last few minutes
I'm always nervous in any situation where Chabot is in our defensive zone.

As good as he has been offensively since his return he is still an adventure in the dzone.

Reactions: Cosmix and h2

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan That Batherson breakway goal was sick or whaaaat??

and what is up with these goalies giving weak aaaaaasss goals??? They better get their act together!!!!!!!!!!

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It is based on nothing.

But there's something that doesn't sit well.

That being said, I have been wrong about plenty of people.
Yeah i've always felt he's a real modest mature hard-working dude. I've always been impressed with his interviews, even when he was just coming up as a later round pick.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan That Batherson breakway goal was sick or whaaaat??

and what is up with these goalies giving weak aaaaaasss goals??? They better get their act together!!!!!!!!!!

felt like we were only in the game because of the goalie. too constant of a thread with this team.

this team better get their defensive act together.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
It is based on nothing.

But there's something that doesn't sit well.

That being said, I have been wrong about plenty of people.

I dunno man. Every one of his teammates seem to go out of their way to mention how nice and good of a guy Drake is. He seems like a happy go lucky east coast boy from everything I can see.

I've also been wrong before, but I genuinely believe that all of the young core roster players are all high character dudes. Good people. It's a known fact that the Sens target that trait in players at the draft and have been for years now, and its starting to become part of the team identity in the locker room imo.

Tbh I can't even think of one comment from any of our young guys that ever struck me as them being cocky, arrogant, or entitled.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
felt like we were only in the game because of the goalie. too constant of a thread with this team.

But aren't the goalies part of the team? I never understood this, like that's why we have goaltenders to stop the puck. And they are part of the team just like defensemen and forwards right? Do you think Tampa wins 2 back to back cups without Vasilevsky??? If you have a good goaltender and he helps you win hockey games why is that a bad thing? Me as long as we win that's all I care about and yesterday we won 3-2 so I'm happy!

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I knew there were some holes to be addressed on the roster before the season started but damn I didn't think the holes were all the bottom 6 forwards and the bottom 3 dmen. We're getting so little out of the bottom half of the roster it's honestly incredible. The least productive "supporting" group in recent memory.

Also, that 4th line. Jesus Christ it's bad.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

What game was it that you watched?

You know what the difference is between a 3-2 hockey game and a 3-0, 29 save shutout? 2 soft goals under the left arm.

Your eye test appears to be not working. Perhaps a prescription change is needed? Go look at the advanced stats. Again, as in many games this year, we out everything'd them.

Soft goals kept Nashville in the game. Just like Dallas the other night. Soft goals.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I knew there were some holes to be addressed on the roster before the season started but damn I didn't think the holes were all the bottom 6 forwards and the bottom 3 dmen. We're getting so little out of the bottom half of the roster it's honestly incredible. The least productive "supporting" group in recent memory.

Norris injury didn’t help.

Pinto can elevate everyone on the third line

Reactions: Cosmix

CornerStone61

Apr 13, 2015

Kelly needs to be shot to the moon. Dude has provided nothing all year. Would love to see Crookshank get an opportunity on the 4th line instead.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca

Plus:

1. Iceing the puck should not be allowed by the team with the penalty; it should result in a face-off in the zone of the penalized team, plus add 5 seconds to the clock.

2. if a team commits an infraction worthy of a penalty and the other team scores before the play is stopped, the penalty should be served!

Always agreed with #2. If you score on the delayed penalty, team never truly had a man advantage. The team only possibly took advantage of the offending team's inability to touch the puck by pulling the goalie.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad