Low Effort GDT Sens in Nashville - 1:30PM | TSN5 | Early Afternoon Bumpkin Bash Edition

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
1670707412627.png

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Never really thought about it before, but yeah you're right. If you're not allowed to change lines on an icing why can you put your goalie back?
Because why would you want the game decided over an icing play? 1 goal games are exciting, why risk ruining them by gifting the winning team a chance like an o-zone face-off with an empty net ?

Icings aren't the devil everyone makes them out to be. It's a weird obsession imo.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Happy about the win, but I don’t know why the gameplay always feels so sloppy with our players. We tend to make egregious giveaways or overskate pucks or flubb passes more than other teams. Also our goalies are allowing such shit goals, don’t care how great talbot has been why the f*** is that 2nd goal going in?

Good to see a bounce back game for Batherson and DeBrincat. Defensively I thought we were pretty good including the penalty kill

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Happy about the win, but I don’t know why the gameplay always feels so sloppy with our players. We tend to make egregious giveaways or overskate pucks or flubb passes more than other teams. Also our goalies are allowing such shit goals, don’t care how great talbot has been why the f*** is that 2nd goal going in?

Good to see a bounce back game for Batherson and DeBrincat. Defensively I thought we were pretty good including the penalty kill
Kind of crazy how you can have a bad game with a .931 sv%. I think he'd have liked to have both goals back.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have been very critical of Kelly in particular and our fourth line in general, so I have to be fair and say that they were all much better today. I liked Kelly's game today - he was on top of the play, generating some turnovers, and being the kind of fourth line buzzsaw he needs to be to stay in the league...

Reactions: Cosmix

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
I know I'm just salty because they didn't score on the empty net... HOWEVER

I think the rule should be if your goalie is pulled and you ice the puck, you should be required to take the faceoff with your goalie on the bench.

on another note. WINNN
There's sound logic and merit in your suggestion. The icing rule requires the team that ices the puck keep the same players on the ice (absent an injury). Why should the 'offending' team earn double benefit, (1) choose which player gets to exit (2) bring their goalie back out?

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Guy makes multiple mistakes per game, is under 50% on the face off dot (Not good enough for a #1C) and doesn't back check nearly hard enough.

On the other hand, when he's IN the d-zone I've seen him make some of the nicest defensive plays I've ever seen a sens forward make, and he is one of the most dynamic offensive talents we've ever had.
Stutzle sometimes gets dozy when he back checks until he realizes that an opposing F has beat him into the D zone.

Branny is a liability
He has been better than some of bigger D on the 3rd pair we have had to watch over the past few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad