Post-Game Talk: SENS in Columbus New Years Eve, 7:00pm

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan - these three need to up their game
Tkachuk - White - Stone - keep playing the way they have been playing
Boedker - Tierny - Rodewald - Rodewald adds a little size & offence
Paul - Smith - Gagne - I've seen enough of Pyatt, let's try someone new.

Wolanin - Harpur
Lajoie - Ceci
Falk - Boro/DeMello

Hogberg - McKenna

Reactions: scallionjj11

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Wolanin - Harpur
Lajoie - Ceci
Falk - Boro/DeMello

Hogberg - McKenna

Happy New Year everyone, be safe.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I was thinking about the possibility of breaking the TWS line.. But i would have moved Tkachuk from them. I find that there is more plays that come from The White-Stone duo then Tkachuk and Stone.

Dzingle-White-Stone
Tkachuk-Duchene-Ryan?
Paul-Tierney-Boedker
Pyatt-Smith-Rodewald.

I fins that Duchene ability to create thing alone with Tkachuk's rampage near the net could work.

I put Ryan on the 2nd line by default. And the bottom 6 is just putting name lol.

I'm almost curious by a : Paul-White-Stone line. Paul has been a monster near the wall recently. Stone would make him get points probably.

then Tkachuk-Duchene-Dzingle for 2nd line.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Wolanin - Harpur
Lajoie - Ceci
Falk - Boro/DeMello

Hogberg - McKenna

I was with you on the forward lines until I saw Gagne in there. He is having a putrid season and does not deserve a call-up. I agree that I'd like to see Pyatt gone though - too bad Chlapik is injured.

Would be interesting to see Balcers get a look on Duchene's wing.

Reactions: Crosside

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was with you on the forward lines until I saw Gagne in there. He is having a putrid season and does not deserve a call-up. I agree that I'd like to see Pyatt gone though - too bad Chlapik is injured.

Gagne gets healthy scratched in Belleville.. He is a long way from a callup or being NHL ready

Reactions: Deku

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Just a random post.

Octranspo is free after 8pm tonight.

Hopefully everyone has fun and makes it through the new year safe.

Not trying to spam figured most would see it here.

Just responding so that this gets more visibility.

Stay safe tonight, everyone. Remember that no matter how confident you are on the roads behind the wheel of your own car, all it takes is for one drunk driver in the car next to you to make your life a wreck forever.

Be safe on the roads, be aware, and don't feel embarrassed to have to take a cab or uber if you've had too much to drink yourself. A $30 cab ride is way cheaper than the alternative.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hey I agree we need to try something different. I think White is a catalyst that works well with Stone and Tkachuk. There is chemistry there There is some knowledge developed of where the other guy will be.. I agree Stone is a fantastic player that works well with just about anybody he plays with. He has taken 2 rookies under his wing and they've developed into a really good line. Now I just don't know what to expect. You are robbing from Peter to pay Paul in some ways and I am not sure you are going to gain much; and you stand to lose something. Even though Dzingel has not played well in stretches , is White an automatic upgrade on him to play with Duchene. I am not convinced of that. White has done well blending with Stone and Tkachuk because they support each other.. One goes in the corner to fight, he has support.. and White is effective playing like that .. If he is left on his own to out muscle the D, then find space, then try to make a play , his effectiveness will drop..and I don't think he would be better in that situation than Dzingel or Tierney and I think today, he could be worse. I have also said before, and I will again, that Duchene as good as he is is harder to play with just because he is so unpredictable; He needs someone to look for ; like Hoffman ; or even a little at first like Batherson, Someone that can finish and make quick offensive plays.

Tkachuk White Stone
Dzingel Duchene Ryan
Smith Tierney Paul
Boedker Pyatt Rodewald

Have we tried this.? Why would this not work ?

I do think White is a better match with Duchene then Dzingel ever was. Duchene excels from the hashmarks down, Colin White as you mentioned is a player who is going to support the puck and can help do a little of the dirty work for Duchene, he's also going to get to the net. IMO thats what Duchene has been missing on his wing all season, it's been mostly him doing all the work in the offesnive zone and at times he is guilty of trying to do it all himself but Dzingel and Boedker aren't the players who can help play his game. White is. Bobby Ryan can also do that but he doesn't have the jump to keep pace with Duchene. Tierney never really got much of a look on the wing, perhaps the coaching staff didn't feel comfortable with him there. Smith has also been given a look recently but offensively he just isn't on the same level. The others really aren't serious options.

I disagree that there's something to lose, if it doesn't work you can just as easily reunite White with Stone. If anything there's only something to gain. There's been far too many one and done's in the offensive zone. There's one line that you can rely on to consistently hold the offesnive zone. Perhaps this move results in no lines that you can rely on but there's also the chance you get two lines that can apply pressure on a regular basis. At the very least its worth a shot especially with the way things have gone over the past month.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
You know they say that all teams are created equal, but you look at Columbus and you look at us, and you can see that statement is not true.

See, normally if you go one on one with another hockey team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But Columbus is a genetic freak and our lineup is terrible! So we got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat them. Then you add Guy Boucher to the mix, our chances of winning drastic go down. See at the New Years Eve game, we got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but Columbus, they got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Guy Boucher KNOWS he can't ice a lineup that makes any frigging sense, and he's not even gonna try!

So Ottawa, we take our 33 1/3 chance, minus our 25% chance lost to bad coaching, and we got an 8 1/3 chance of winning on New Years Eve. But then you take Columbus' 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents - they got 141 2/3 chance of winning on New Years Eve.

See Columbus, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for us tonight.

Reactions: Senscore

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

It's the 4th line RW spot, sure other players may deserve a callup, but how many of them can play a role on the 4th line this team needs. The players guys want like Balcers or Batherson usually need to play in the top six not the bottom six. I would prefer a skilled guy come in & play too & move Rodewald to the 4th line but they don't seem to want to do that for whatever reason. They seem to prefer that some players play their off wing instead. They had Batherson until Duchene got hurt but sent him down & when Duchene was healthy again kept him there for some unexplained reason. I don't see anyone else down there who can play that 4th line RW role besides Rodewald, do you? They should just waive Pyatt so he stops getting in the way, Pyatt being GB's favourite player should tell is all we need to know about this coach's expertise.

Reactions: Cosmix

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I know I'm the weirdo here, New Years has never been a thing for me.

And yeah, take a damn uber or cab or we'll lock you up .

Same. Except for 2000 and 2012. The hype everyone had behind those two days it was just fun to watch the chaos.

The real question is your opinion of birthdays. Are they an event to be celebrated or just another day?

Also really excited for the game. Columbus is a good team that gets no credit or air time.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Same. Except for 2000 and 2012. The hype everyone had behind those two days it was just fun to watch the chaos.

The real question is your opinion of birthdays. Are they an event to be celebrated or just another day?

Also really excited for the game. Columbus is a good team that gets no credit or air time.

My birthday is New Year’s Eve.

Checkmate.

Reactions: Que and The Lewler

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
**** boucher. this guy is so stupid. this is beyond ridiculous. not only is he screwing the sens chances at a win he's also screwing up dzingel's next contract by playing him with scrubs. if your going to trade him anyway why not play him with good players to inflate his stats? we could get a 1st for him. now we'll probably get a 2nd.

That's funny.

Why in world would GB give a flying puck about Dizingels' next contract? He has his job to do, and it's not getting RD a new contract .......... that's up to RD.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
It's the 4th line RW spot, sure other players may deserve a callup, but how many of them can play a role on the 4th line this team needs. The players guys want like Balcers or Batherson usually need to play in the top six not the bottom six. I would prefer a skilled guy come in & play too & move Rodewald to the 4th line but they don't seem to want to do that for whatever reason. They seem to prefer that some players play their off wing instead. They had Batherson until Duchene got hurt but sent him down & when Duchene was healthy again kept him there for some unexplained reason. I don't see anyone else down there who can play that 4th line RW role besides Rodewald, do you? They should just waive Pyatt so he stops getting in the way, Pyatt being GB's favourite player should tell is all we need to know about this coach's expertise.

Firstly Gagne is having trouble in the AHL, secondly there is no unwritten rule where the 4th line RW has to go to a grinder. I'm of the philosophy that all lines should be able to score goals. Call up Balcers, he deserves it. Start him on the 4th line if you have to, but don't be rigid and move him up if he shows anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad