Post-Game Talk: SENS in Columbus New Years Eve, 7:00pm

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Last game of the year. Let's go out with a bang!

heritage_original.png

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Have you seen the new lines lmao.
Yeah, Boucher is his own worst enemy.

Real glad Tierny is moving into White's spot, he's really earned it. Also nice to see White moved to the wing. Just A+ coaching there.

Also nice to see Dzingel on the 4th line and Rodewald on the 3rd. I guess we can then chastise Dzingel for not looking good as a scorer on the 4th line.

"Players won’t like some of the decisions made by Boucher and his assistants, but it’s time to turn around the Senators’ ship."

Players coach

Organisation mouthpiece Garrioch setting the table for the Dzingel trade.

"Dzingel, who can become an unrestricted free agent if he’s not re-signed before July 1, hasn’t lived up to expectations. He has three goals and three assists in 13 games in December, and that won’t cut it. When Boucher talks about guys needing to pay the price, Dzingel’s one of them."

Who would have thought that Dzingel would struggle playing back and forth between the 3rd line and spot time with Duchene?? That is soooo surprising.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Have you seen the new lines lmao.

Boucher over thinking things again. I mean Tkachuk White and Stone were absolutely the best line last night, (2pts each) and White played one of his best games of the year... so better change them.

Dzingel with Pyatt and Boedker... Dzingel is the new Hoffman play your 2nd best offensive winger with 2 of your worst players.

The only line I like here is the Paul - Smith - Rodewald line

Also

So White is getting moved to the wing

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Really looking forward to see Pyatt throw it into the corners and generate nothing

Smith to try to stick handle his way through the blue line to eventually lose the puck

Ryan trying to catch up to the play while aging at the same time.

Boro and Ceci being themselves.

I don't think I've ever disliked a roster more than the one we are currently icing.

Reactions: Rand0m and Alex1234

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I’ll say it again in regards to the line combinations. They desperately need a second line that can sustain offensive zone pressure. Right now it’s pretty much whatever line Stone is on that you can rely on to consistently apply offensive zone pressure. There’s no harm in trying especially given how things have gone. Don’t get the big fuss just becuase a player you like who has had his opportunities with limited success, gets the short stick.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Boucher quote

“Those three guys (White, Stone and Tkachuk) have worked so hard and they’re great to watch, but we need to have a team,” Boucher added. “It’s not that I wanted to split the line up, but I have to spread my hard working elements throughout the lineup.”

Sens shuffle: Guy Boucher takes blender to forward lines

Not a bad idea in theory, and we're on the road again vs Columbus without favorable matchups. He has spread out the lines before on the road.

Also rewarding Paul and Rodewald for good games and a couple others down to the fourth line as they haven't played well 5 on 5.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Boucher quote

“Those three guys (White, Stone and Tkachuk) have worked so hard and they’re great to watch, but we need to have a team,” Boucher added. “It’s not that I wanted to split the line up, but I have to spread my hard working elements throughout the lineup.”

Sens shuffle: Guy Boucher takes blender to forward lines

Not a bad idea in theory, and we're on the road again vs Columbus without favorable matchups. He has spread out the lines before on the road.

Also rewarding Paul and Rodewald for good games and a couple others down to the fourth line as they haven't played well 5 on 5.

It's both a bad idea in theory and practice.

We aren't scoring much anymore, so let's make sure NONE of the lines are good!

As was said above, Boucher is his own worst enemy. He thinks he's much smarter than he is.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
It's both a bad idea in theory and practice.

We aren't scoring much anymore, so let's make sure NONE of the lines are good!

As was said above, Boucher is his own worst enemy. He thinks he's much smarter than he is.
Our last road game the Tkachuk-White-Stone line didn't do very well anyways.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I’ll say it again in regards to the line combinations. They desperately need a second line that can sustain offensive zone pressure. Right now it’s pretty much whatever line Stone is on that you can rely on to consistently apply offensive zone pressure. There’s no harm in trying especially given how things have gone. Don’t get the big fuss just becuase a player you like who has had his opportunities with limited success, gets the short stick.

We have 8 forwards to chose from to play with Duchene; Lets say 7 to chose from to play with Duchene and Ryan. So the answer is to break up Tkachuk White and Stone?

So White is going to be better there than Tierney or Dzingel according to Boucher
I guess that's why White avg TOI is 15:48 , while Tierney's is 17:34 and Dzingel's is 17:55

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Recency bias versus what's actually proven to be effective? I'll take the latter.
He knows it's effective and even admitted it but also knows it's something he can fall back on. For all we know the lines last like 20-40 minutes, but it's his best attempt at getting a 2 line team vs a 1 line team like others have been talking about.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He knows it's effective and even admitted it but also knows it's something he can fall back on. For all we know the lines last like 20-40 minutes, but it's his best attempt at getting a 2 line team vs a 1 line team like others have been talking about.

He's just diluting any offense we have going for us, not bolstering the lines.

Reactions: God Says No

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
whats crazy is that this teams sucks hardcore with Duchene + Stone , imagine how bad we're going to be when they leave.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Dzingel - Duchene - White
Tkachuk - Tierney - Stone
Boedker - Smith - Ryan
Pyatt - Paul - Rodewald

That is such a better breakdown than this nonsense that Boucher is trying.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We have 8 forwards to chose from to play with Duchene; Lets say 7 to chose from to play with Duchene and Ryan. So the answer is to break up Tkachuk White and Stone?

So White is going to be better there than Tierney or Dzingel according to Boucher
I guess that's why White avg TOI is 15:48 , while Tierney's is 17:34 and Dzingel's is 17:55

Tkachuk-White-Stone have worked extremely well and I'm sure breaking the line up is not something the coaching staff would like to do but at the same time you need more than one line working. I think by now we all know by now Stone works well with just about anyone and Tkachuk compliments him well. Not to say White didn't becuase he did but you've also seen Stone and Tierney have success together early in the year.

They've already tried a number of combinations with Duchene. They recently tired Tierney (to the displeasure of many) for a short time, Dzingel and Boedker have had extended looks. If the goal is to find a second line that can sustain pressure there really arent too many options. White has played on Duchene's wing before and I thought the consensus was that he looked pretty good with Duchene. At the very least its worth a shot, I dont think sitting back keeping things the same is a solution.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Dzingel - Duchene - White
Tkachuk - Tierney - Stone
Boedker - Smith - Ryan
Pyatt - Paul - Rodewald

That is such a better breakdown than this nonsense that Boucher is trying.

I really like where your head’s at with those lines.

I might even try something way out there:

Tkachuk Duchene White

Ryan Tierney Stone

Boedker Smith Dzingel

Pyatt Paul Rodewald

Reactions: Yak

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad