Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Chicago, Thursday night 8:30 pm

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The disconnect between management and coaching is quite evident only by looking at where Smith and Chlapik are being played.

So, if I were management, I wouldn't have waived Smith, but I'd be encouraging Boucher to play him with Stone and Tkachuk. Long run, Smith probably isn't in the plan. He's good for bringing along some of the kids, can show them how to be pros and what not, and playing him with Stone is the best way to rebound his value so that he can be traded at the deadline or next offseason. I don't have a big issue with him playing where he is, though I'd rather have him in a 3a 3b role. I'd like to see Chlapik get a scoring role, which is why I said flip them. Smith fliping with Tierney would be fine too, but it wouldn't resolve my concern with playing Chlapik in an ill suited role. Now, if Brown were up, having Chlapik-Brown-White could work as a scoring 4th, but Brown needs more time to get to the pro pace.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
As much as i love boucher putting smith on the 2nd line for a slap in the face against management, good god Chlapik needs to be the center on that 2nd line, not burried on the 4th as a winger....its only preseason whatever but this better not happen in reg season

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I'm actually pretty excited about our forwards, there's enough there to trouble other teams... Would look even better with Pageau there as well. If he had just one solid #3 dman and some goaltending support, we wouldn't be half bad.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
My god Ryan... what a terrible posiyion to block a shot. Right on the hand again..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad