Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Chicago, Thursday night 8:30 pm

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I love the fact that some posters and journalists are just now coming around to the idea that Sens moves are money motivated because of Zach Smith.

Umm, the moment EK went in the trade block the evidence was crystal clear. No other team in the NHL would have seriously considered getting rid of Karlsson.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I love the fact that some posters and journalists are just now coming around to the idea that Sens moves are money motivated because of Zach Smith.

Umm, the moment EK went in the trade block the evidence was crystal clear. No other team in the NHL would have seriously considered getting rid of Karlsson.
Yep, that much seems obvious. Sometimes I wonder if we'd have just traded Hoffman to Florida for a second would we have been able to keep EK. But even then, probably not. That's what I'm going to tell myself anyway.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
It took San Jose 1 day to find a worthy D partner for Karlsson's level, we had him for 10 years and the closest we came was with Methot.

I mean, I think they knew Vlasic was going to play with EK long before he even stepped on the ice in SJ.

Best shutdown dman with the best offensive dman. That pairing is going to be incredible to watch.

Reactions: Smash88 and derriko

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

This ZS on waivers, and the fake outrage that followed proved only two things.

One, there are those who will go negative on anything the Senators do, and in this case a number of those who were outraged that ZS was on waivers, were calling for him to shipped out for most of last season.

Two, 30 other NHL teams did not want him, for nothing.

Reactions: Back in Black

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

One, there are those who will go negative on anything the Senators do, and in this case a number of those who were outraged that ZS was on waivers, were calling for him to shipped out for most of last season.

Might want to tell pending UFA Duchene he's experiencing fake outrage...

Sure it will help the coming contract negotiations.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Until people realize that most of us that didn't like Smith on waivers had nothing to do with any of those 2 points, we will get nowhere.

The fact that the team management also thinks this way, is exactly why there is such a disconnect with the fans.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Wrong. Read the threads.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Well it was pretty obvious even at the trade deadline when Bobby was going to be traded alongside Karlsson.

Reactions: Back in Black

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad