Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Chicago, Thursday night 8:30 pm

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
I'm not too surprised by those 2 getting sent to Belleville.

They will be back up soon enough.

White will be fine, he's that type of player that doesn't wow you, but just gets it done. He's a guy that will get better as the games start to matter a little more.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Probably to give the team time to make some moves? Or give some kids like Formenton their 9-game taste before sending them back to junior?

I wouldn't worry too much...unless they are still in Belleville by December.

Formenton is an interesting case. I knew it would be a tough decision to send him back. His speed just stands out and he has some skill as well. I'd like to see Chlapik in the top 9 when he comes back. 4th line is not the place for him. White can play there and play that simple safe hard working game which is what you want on the 4th line and pk to start his NHL career.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
If I didn’t see his name on the gamesheet I legit would have forgot Boedker played last night

Remember in February when we were all “well I guuueesss Kyrou and a pick for Hoffman is alright.” lol

At this point I would take Robby Fabbri's broken and weak Krillin like body over the ghost that's Boedker.

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think Wolanin despite how well he showed will benefit from going to the AHL and being the man. Playing lots of minutes and learning to be on the defensive side of the puck.

Chlapik looked far more ready and impactful than White. White needs to actually create some offense. But i guess White is friends with Brady so he makes the team.

I don't think so. I think its the role that White can play as a 4th liner and pker ..that is not well suited to Chlapik. No one is making a statement that White is more skilled .. Its that safe grind game that White can play vs the puck skills that Chalpik has. Chlapik should be in the top 9. These 2 players are not one vs the other .. White can play 4th line to start and be in a good spot. Chlapik has to play up the lineup

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
You can still have White and Chlapik on the same team playing prominent roles. This is all just about money....again.

Dzingel - Duchene - White
Tkachuk - Tierney - Stone
Formenton - Chlapik - Ryan
Paarvji - Smith - Pyatt/McCormick

Chabot - Ceci
Wolanin - Wideman
Lajoie - DeMelo
Boro

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Wow we won a preseason game!

Gonna be a great year. Looking forward to the draft!

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
On what hell of an earth does Wolanin get sent down and Harpur is still on the team?

I get that it's due to contracts, but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

Who would you rather have sitting in the pressbox - Harpur or Wolanin? Wolanin has to play and he seems to have been beaten out by Lajoie for a spot in the NHL lineup.

Reactions: coladin

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd Rather Chlapik be put in an offensive role. White has been pretty good on the PK and is more useful outside the top 6 than Chlapik at the moment.

Top 9 even. Chlapik showed more skill for sure and I don't think that is going to change. He will have his chance soon enough. I don't think its necessary to compare the two , as they can and will play different roles. I expect Chlapik and Wolanin to really drive that Belleville team while they are down there.

SENSARMY18

Sep 26, 2018
Formenton is astonishingly fast.
Lajoie has a ton of poise considering his experience.
Duchene, provided health, is going to have an enormous year offensively.
Tkachuk is going to be a fan favorite before the 20 game mark.
Stone is still as good as ever.
Condon had a very nice, calm game.
The penalty kill was very good.

Most of this means little until we see a sample of regular season games.

It might be preseason but it’s exciting and definitely encouraging !!! These young men just needed the right deployment, I think after a month of regular season we will all feel a little better about our summer moves.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It might be preseason but it’s exciting and definitely encouraging !!! These young men just needed the right deployment, I think after a month of regular season we will all feel a little better about our summer moves.

Lmao. I know this is not posted in good faith, but let's talk at the draft after we finish dead last and see how you spin it then. We definitely will "feel better about our summer moves", like: trading Hoffman for Boedker, trading Karlsson for a 3rd liner and magic beans, and not getting a 1st rounder in 2019

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I think Wolanin despite how well he showed will benefit from going to the AHL and being the man. Playing lots of minutes and learning to be on the defensive side of the puck.

Chlapik looked far more ready and impactful than White. White needs to actually create some offense. But i guess White is friends with Brady so he makes the team.

I agree with this. Wolanin will benefit from time in the AHL ... as good as he looks with the puck on his stick, I don't think he's ready yet to defend at the NHL level. A season in the AHL will be good for him.

At this point, the drafting of White given who was on the board is looking bad -- the Sens know that and are doing everything they can to minimize it.

Reactions: bert

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
My goodness Eugene, which one of those guys was a summer move? Our summer moves have been EK and Hoffman out for Boedker, Demelo and Tierney in. Boedker has been invisible, Demelo is a 7th dman and Tierney fighting with SMITH for a centre spot. Please explain how we'll be happy about this when the two guys that left are putting up 60-80pt seasons.

Reactions: Blotto71 and bert

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I never understood the awe with White. He looks like a passenger type player IMO. No flash, barely noticeable, probably does all the little things right but not a driver of any sort

Was there ever "awe"? I think a lot of people were disappointed with the pick at the time, somewhat encouraged by his offensive numbers in his freshman year, then grasping at positives since he turned pro.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Was there ever "awe"? I think a lot of people were disappointed with the pick at the time, somewhat encouraged by his offensive numbers in his freshman year, then grasping at positives since he turned pro.

He looks like a player that will follow Boucher around wherever he goes like the new Tom Pyatt when he gets too old or something. While a regular NHL player is a decent pick in the 20 to 30 range this one is not given how strong that draft is and that Konecny specifically was playing in our back yard and they went for White instead.

Reactions: Cosmix

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Faceoffs last night:

Duchene: 7 on 14 - 50%
Tierney: 8 on 14 - 57%
White: 4 on 8 - 50%
Smith: 13 on 16 - 81%

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm surprised so many people seemed to have liked Chalpik more than White last night.

I mean both were essentially invisible but at least White had that one really nice rush, Chalpik did nothing except take a pretty bad penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad