Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Chicago, Thursday night 8:30 pm

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm surprised so many people seemed to have liked Chalpik more than White last night.

I mean both were essentially invisible but at least White had that one really nice rush, Chalpik did nothing except take a pretty bad penalty.

Im basing it off of everything, rookie tournament exhibition games etc. Chlapik has shown the ability to create offense and has looked dangerous. I really havent seen that from White in anyway. Pretty hard to be effective playing the wrong position less than 10 minutes a night for anyone.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Doubt Dorion would allow Demelo getting cut since he was a piece of the Karlsson trade

That was really just a favor for San Jose to get rid of one way contracts because he was never going to play once they got Karlsson. I dont see how they can dress Demelo and Wideman in the same game barring injury.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That was really just a favor for San Jose to get rid of one way contracts because he was never going to play once they got Karlsson. I dont see how they can dress Demelo and Wideman in the same game barring injury.

You should read the thread on the SJ board where they re-signed DeMelo.

They were not ecstatic about it.

Getting rid of him was a favour to them.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You should read the thread on the SJ board where they re-signed DeMelo.

They were not ecstatic about it.

Getting rid of him was a favour to them.

I read it, pretty wild stuff haha. Looked like a Jared Cowen thread without the defenders.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
What?!?!

But Harpur and White stay? Seems like some contract bias there, especially Harpur.

I guess our 2nd pair is Boro and Wideman? Yikes.

I bet 2nd and 3rd pairings are really 3a and 3b and get equal icetime.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My goodness Eugene, which one of those guys was a summer move? Our summer moves have been EK and Hoffman out for Boedker, Demelo and Tierney in. Boedker has been invisible, Demelo is a 7th dman and Tierney fighting with SMITH for a centre spot. Please explain how we'll be happy about this when the two guys that left are putting up 60-80pt seasons.

So pretty much everything from San Jose is highly questionable. Wilson bent Dorion over and Dorion liked it.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Wonder if Jaros will get a spot in the lineup on the right side. He hasn't been sent down yet. I suspect Ceci and Wideman have the other spots on the right side locked up while Demelo, Harpur and Jaros are fighting for that last spot.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wonder if Jaros will get a spot in the lineup on the right side. He hasn't been sent down yet. I suspect Ceci and Wideman have the other spots on the right side locked up while Demelo, Harpur and Jaros are fighting for that last spot.

I think they want Jaros to take another step so they can move Ceci at some point this year.

Reactions: Gesus

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Pretty disappointing that Chlapik got sent down, Wolanin though needs a little more seasoning so I am alright with that.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
From one of the most prolific scorers in the game to a 3rd line tweener.

And we didnt even keep Karlsson to boot. Absolutely disgusting.
And we swapped picks in the deal....

I'm hoping that Boedker is one of those vets who just goes out and takes it easy in pre-season. If not, wow it's going to be tough to watch him for the next three years.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
From one of the most prolific scorers in the game to a 3rd line tweener.

And we didnt even keep Karlsson to boot. Absolutely disgusting.
Huh?

His career high is 51 points, he has gotten more than 40 twice :laugh:

Those expecting scoring and speed from Boedker haven't watched him lately.

Unless you were talking about Hoffman, which I now am assuming you were.. Carry on.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
And we swapped picks in the deal....

I'm hoping that Boedker is one of those vets who just goes out and takes it easy in pre-season. If not, wow it's going to be tough to watch him for the next three years.
And they are going to force him down our throath for soooo many games before PD realize his mistake
For reference see:Alex Burrows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad