Post-Game Talk: Sens@Habs: Yes, the Hamburglar will be a UFA this summer (Group 3, Section 10.1 CBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
25 games isn't a big enough sample size for any player of team. You can't go from not knowing who Hammond was, to thinking he's our best goalie, then watch out for regression. People are jumping all over the place about him and others

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
First I got to watch the warm-ups real close, Karlsson even gave me a wink and it was really impressive to watch them at MTL. It was my 3rd Senators game in MTL (pre-season win this year and 2-1 win few years ago). Anyway, I am undefeated in attendance the last 3 years, and Karlsson scored in each game I was there.
During the game or warm-ups?

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
My favorite stat so far: Senators are 9-5-2 when trailing after 1st. That's best record in the league.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
During the game or warm-ups?

Warm-ups! Sadly, the gif wasn't directed at me haha! Should see his stick guys, really weird, his curve looks like a crazy ovie, really weird for a d-men he has a forward stick (insert weak joke here)

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Warm-ups! Sadly, the gif wasn't directed at me haha! Should see his stick guys, really weird, his curve looks like a crazy ovie, really weird for a d-men he has a forward stick (insert weak joke here)

ya ive heard him and ovie use the same stick or nearly the same stick

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Oh and also, 2nd Karlsson's goal, sick pass by Michalek, but it was really impressive to see Karlsson fly down the ice and bam! Blew by 2-3 guys then Markov and it was it

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
beautiful pass by Michalek..... really inpressed with the old guys on the PK, Michalek and Legwand... and a beauty pass by legwand... Feel like we should give em both a star selection to go with Karlsson

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The Montreal crowd is truly wise. They booed Bobby Ryan because they knew he wasn't injured.

Subban may only have had a third of EK's points, but he did play on the penalty kill. He could have even stopped Mark Stone from scoring on it.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
The Montreal crowd is truly wise. They booed Bobby Ryan because they knew he wasn't injured.

Subban may only have had a third of EK's points, but he did play on the penalty kill. He could have even stopped Mark Stone from scoring on it.

I think Ryan had the wind knocked out of him and was struggling to catch breath...
TOI's 7:36,7:16...for the 4 minute twins

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
That save Hammond made with his toe stretched out changed complexity of the game.

It was like a "I got you, bros" to the Sens after what was probably their only **** up since 1s period.

God it's beautiful to have that.

Oh and Long Live King K.

Can you imagine if we had one more potent offensive threat? My God.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Hab fans are still calling us irrelevant i see.

I now believe that this is just a coping mechanism they use to not get depressed.

Habs fans need a lot of medication, counselling etc... Their fragile inferiority complex just took a severe beating tonight! We are in their heads. Life is good. We beat Montreal AGAIN!! :laugh:

Can someone tell me how overrated Montreal is? Seriously I mean they have one defensemen, a forward and a goalie. Not exactly a full list of ingredients for a legitimate shot at winning the Cup. The Scabs will be bounced in the first round. That team is going nowhere. Carey Price cannot save their sorry poutine *****!

WTF this team anyway. :shakehead - Gotta say I thought we were going to fold like a cheap suit after the Calgary and Boston debacle. But the boys showed a lot character and stamina tonight but blasting away the Habs. Pageau played a strong game and Karlsson brought it big time. He loves to play against Montreal.

Not even going to touch our goaltending. The score speaks volume on who should start the next game!

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Habs fans need a lot of medication, counselling etc... Their fragile inferiority complex just took a severe beating tonight! We are in their heads. Life is good. We beat Montreal AGAIN!! :laugh:

Can someone tell me how overrated Montreal is? Seriously I mean they have one defensemen, a forward and a goalie. Not exactly a full list of ingredients for a legitimate shot at winning the Cup. The Scabs will be bounced in the first round. That team is going nowhere. Carey Price cannot save their sorry poutine *****!

WTF this team anyway. :shakehead - Gotta say I thought we were going to fold like a cheap suit after the Calgary and Boston debacle. But the boys showed a lot character and stamina tonight but blasting away the Habs. Pageau played a strong game and Karlsson brought it big time. He loves to play against Montreal.

Not even going to touch our goaltending. The score speaks volume on who should start the next game!

Well they have Subban AND Markov. Patches basically carries their forward core though. Price is Price

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I am a Ottawa Senators sympathizer (part time fan) and I want to extend my congratulations (and gratitude) on a great win last night. Hard fought and well won.

I seriously wish the Sens nothing but success for the remainder of the season.

Good luck, guys.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah I don't understand the people that hate on Lehner but love Anderson. If anything, if you love Anderson you should also believe in Lehner, because Anderson took a long time to be starter material.

The comparaison should be Lehner and Cowen.

Lehner is young and will get better but not cowen?

Anderson could be traded.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I haven't been to a Sens game at the Bell Centre in so long. You're making me want to go! If we make the playoffs and match up against Mtl I might just camp out to get tickets. :nod:

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I have no idea what happens with Hammond after this season but I don't see the point in obsessing over it now.
Still about a fifth of the season left and we are in the hunt.
Tonight's win was huge, didn't make up ground on Boston or Florida but it was a bounce back win against a top team
Also Washington is now only 2 pts ahead of Boston so if they slip they could be caught

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Lots of good stuff last night.

1. Hammond outduels Carey "Best Player in the World" Price? Check.

2. Ottawa puts up 5 goals on the aforementioned Best Player in the World? Check.

3. Karlsson scores 2 goals and an assist, Subban scores 1 assist? Check.

4. Habs fans boo the injured Bobby Ryan to remind us of why it's fun to win in that building? Check.

5. Habs blow a 2 goal lead? Check.

6. Pageau creates the tying goal against his nemesis? Check.

7. Methot, whose free agent signing thread was filled with critical Habs fans for some reason, scores his first goal of the season? Check.

8. Karlsson says in the intermission that he's going to try and score in the 3rd period and he does? Check.

Last edited:

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Lots of good stuff last night.

1. Hammond outduels Carey "Best Player in the World" Price? Check.

2. Ottawa puts up 5 goals on the aforementioned Best Player in the World? Check.

3. Karlsson scores 2 goals, Subban scores 1? Check.

4. Habs fans boo the injured Bobby Ryan to remind us of why it's fun to win in that building? Check.

5. Habs blow a 2 goal lead? Check.

6. Pageau creates the tying goal against his nemesis? Check.

7. Methot, whose free agent signing thread was filled with critical Habs fans for some reason, scores his first goal of the season? Check.

8. Karlsson says in the intermission that he's going to try and score in the 3rd period and he does? Check.

It was all so, so sweet. Just over the top good.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
TOP SENATORS POINT SCORERS IN OUR LAST 25 GAMES
Mark Stone - 25pts
Erik Karlsson - 25pts
---> MILAN MICHALEK - 22pts <---
Mike Hoffman - 22pts
Bobby Ryan - 22 pts
Mika Zibanejad - 19pts
Kyle Turris - 18pts

Just felt the need to point that part out, in case anyone still thinks he's awful.

Bad signing is bad. The play dies on Michalek's stick. Plug. ect ect.

All kinding aside, man is he ever a hot/cold scorer.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
We should just let Karlsson decide who starts.

Wins like these are why I never hope for a tank. Feels so good while watching it unfold, and for hours later too.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
TOP SENATORS POINT SCORERS IN OUR LAST 25 GAMES
Mark Stone - 25pts
Erik Karlsson - 25pts
---> MILAN MICHALEK - 22pts <---
Mike Hoffman - 22pts
Bobby Ryan - 22 pts
Mika Zibanejad - 19pts
Kyle Turris - 18pts

Just felt the need to point that part out, in case anyone still thinks he's awful.

Man oh man have Stone and Karlsson gone gangbusters. On a team with no elite offensive player yet those kinds of stats are truly remarkable. Can't believe Karlsson is once again on the precipice of being a Top 30 scorer in the NHL. That's just unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad