Post-Game Talk: Sens@Habs: Yes, the Hamburglar will be a UFA this summer (Group 3, Section 10.1 CBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I seem to remember Karlsson on one leg outplaying Subban and the Habs.

He wasn't getting sheltered either - 27+ minutes every night except in the last game.

You has have to add that Subban has had only ONE good playoff series, which was against the Bruins and every Habs player seems to play great against the Bruins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Subban is definitely built for the playoffs

He doesn't seem to have the mental game for them though, at least not yet

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pageau was great against Pittsburgh too though

Our D just got shredded by the Penguins and Anderson was guilty of cheating way too much

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Subban has the perfect mental game for the playoffs. Guy has a burning desire to be the center of attention, which means he's a flashy player and a showboat during the regular season, but come playoff time he works his *** off and thrives to be a difference maker.

Now don't get me wrong I'm of the believe that EK > PK, but I sometimes wish EK had a little more of PK's cockiness on the ice.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
There is a difference between taking high risks and being out right bad at playing defense and Karlsson is the former. Karlsson is the prime example of the saying "best defense is offense" and that is how he does it and he's damn good at it.

I have not seen any defense man who could separate the man from the puck better than Karlsson. He does it so swiftly with his speed, quickness and positioning. And, let me tell that Karlsson has way more strength than it seems, and that as well plays a big part in him separating the man from the puck with ease that he does.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Subban has the perfect mental game for the playoffs. Guy has a burning desire to be the center of attention, which means he's a flashy player and a showboat during the regular season, but come playoff time he works his *** off and thrives to be a difference maker.

Now don't get me wrong I'm of the believe that EK > PK, but I sometimes wish EK had a little more of PK's cockiness on the ice.

Um, okay pal. Not like Karlsson has any burning desire to be the best and dominated at the Olympics. An Olympics Subban played, what, one game in? :rolleyes:

I could also say that Subban's burning desire to be the best results in him focusing on himself alone over the team in the playoffs and the regular season. See how that works?

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
I personally loved the 31 fiery PIM's he had against Ottawa in the playoffs

Especially that time he showed how much "heart" he had by jumping an unsuspecting Turris, and then acting smug about it post-game as if he'd made some moral statement, right? Yeah, what a hero. :sarcasm: :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't know, I see them as somewhat different players but pretty equal skill level. I think most hockey analysts would tell you they would take either guy on their team so it's a bit of a moot argument. Some people will prefer one over the other but everyone would probably take either guy for their team. I prefer Subban but agree he is a bit of a hotdog & an easy guy to dislike than again I dislike all of the Hab players.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I actually like Subban. I don't let Habs fans taint him for me. And I mean like as in I'd take him on my team any day.

Same here. After karlsson, its a toss up between him and daughty for me. I don't think any defenseman scares me as much as subban when he has the puck. I'm sure karlsson would scare me more if he was on a different team. I never get the "his fans ruined it for me"... Why would you ever let random people you don't know make you not like a great player of the decade. Seems like it would be a lot smarter to ignore those fans if it ruins it for you.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Same here. After karlsson, its a toss up between him and daughty for me. I don't think any defenseman scares me as much as subban when he has the puck. I'm sure karlsson would scare me more if he was on a different team. I never get the "his fans ruined it for me"... Why would you ever let random people you don't know make you not like a great player of the decade. Seems like it would be a lot smarter to ignore those fans if it ruins it for you.

I don't get it either, but it happens all the time. Tons of fan bases hate Ottawa because of Karlsson. Usually these fan bases have a young top d-man as well.

LA
STL
MTL
TOR
NYR

h2owned

Nov 17, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario

Remember when Ottawa played Montreal in the playoffs and Subban lost his mind. Definitely can be a stud in the playoffs (that series against Boston he was lights out) but I dont know about him having the perfect mental game for the playoffs

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I actually like Subban. I don't let Habs fans taint him for me. And I mean like as in I'd take him on my team any day.

yay, I get what you mean. I'll see him do brilliant things. But then I also recall him yelling at teammates during the sens/habs series and it was so awkward and embarrassing. I'm sure he's grown up. And I am certainly not gonna have my blinders on and say that he's no good because he plays for another team. For his on ice performance, i'd take him hands down, his off-ice stuff I had concerns, but that was 2 years ago, not versed enough to have an opinion really, but if he's all good there...then in a heartbeat, right? I fear guys like Kadri or Avery coming onto a team. More so Kadri-types because the pricetags are higher given the talent level, while cutting an Avery loose is a nothing move.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The first period of the GDT on montreals board is hilarious.

So many negative comments about Karlsson. Love how he shut them up completely.

Lol some golden posts there.

Some guy said Subban has Karlsson's skating and isn't scoring Karlsson type goals cause Therrien won't let him.

Lol, dkm. Also, Karlsson in 1st period was absolutely terrible and PK>Karlsson 11/10 then after the game it changed to Karlsson is amazing offensively but still brutal defensively. While some other posters actually told em to stop being so ignorant, lol love it. We don't even need to tell Habs fans they're delusional, some of their own fans will do that for em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad