Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Flyers Apr. 2 1 p.m. Eastern| MOD Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Karlsson is skating the puck out of the zone more lately - I am happy to see that because for a while this year he was almost always passing it out. Him skating it out is so effective because A) he's awesome at getting it out quickly and B) when he skates it out we have him involved in the rush so our attack is more dangerous.

Someone had the idea that he should slow it down and re-group before transitioning as he would often go back behind the net to set things up for a breakout pass. Hard to argue his offensive season I suppose, but I think he and the team are better when he skates it out of the zone more frequently without hesitation. That ability is one of the things that make him special.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Karlsson is skating the puck out of the zone more lately - I am happy to see that because for a while this year he was almost always passing it out. Him skating it out is so effective because A) he's awesome at getting it out quickly and B) when he skates it out we have him involved in the rush so our attack is more dangerous.

Someone had the idea that he should slow it down and re-group before transitioning as he would often go back behind the net to set things up for a breakout pass. Hard to argue his offensive season I suppose, but I think he and the team are better when he skates it out of the zone more frequently without hesitation. That ability is one of the things that make him special.

I find he changes his game depending on the circumstances / score. If we are behind he is more aggressive and leads the rush. Early in the game he head mans the puck more.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
50-55 points is first line production in the NHL... Only 35 players or so will get 60+

Couturier is Bergeron good defense and looks like he might be developing into a 60 point talent

No it isn't. I keep seeing this number getting reduced more and more. Maybe for COMPLEMENTARY forwards.

Just because certain players have that on top lines doesn't mean it's top line production that will garner you cups.

No team who's scoring 50 points across their top line gonna win a cup.

None.

Caps have 3 guys over 60, 1 over 70.

Stars have 3 guys over 60, 1 over 70 1 over 80

Blues have 1 guy over 60(2 others with 60 point paces) and a remarkable defense

Kings have 2 guys over 60 1 over 70

Hawks gonna have 2 guys over 70, 1 close to 100

Panthers have 1 guy over 60, 3 others with 60 point paces

Ducks gonna have 2 guys over 60 and excellent defense

Lightning have 2 guys over 60.

Sharks have 2 guys over 70.

Basically, scoring has went down but that don't mean he's a top line guy. It means he's good enough to hold down a top line position while someone else on the team is killing it to compensate, and even then, it probably means you a fringe contender cause other team's have killer talent down the middle.

Who's that guy for the Sens? Mark Stone, I take it. But that's not enough. Since we don't have elite defense or a top 5 goalie, we need 1-2 more 60 point wingers. Will Bobby Ryan and Hoffman please stand up.

If Ryan and Hoffman and Stone all score over 60 points then yea, I'd think of bringing in couturier cause he might look respectable even if he's occupying our "top line" but even then, i'd prefer Zibanejad cause he looks more likely to score 60+

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Doesn't anyone else think we don't finish our hits enough and not hit hard? Seems like we always let up on hits or just don't hit. When im watching the better teams play, they seem to finish almost every hit and hit a lot.

Nor do we make other teams hate going to our net.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Doesn't anyone else think we don't finish our hits enough and not hit hard? Seems like we always let up on hits or just don't hit. When im watching the better teams play, they seem to finish almost every hit and hit a lot.

Nor do we make other teams hate going to our net.

I agree, they aren't aggressive enough with their hits. It's more like "Let's just hit to hit and get it over with" rather then using everything you have to run through the guy.

It's a common theme this year, lack of aggressiveness. Or at least, 'smart' aggressive

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
No it isn't. I keep seeing this number getting reduced more and more. Maybe for COMPLEMENTARY forwards.

Just because certain players have that on top lines doesn't mean it's top line production that will garner you cups.

No team who's scoring 50 points across their top line gonna win a cup.

None.

Caps have 3 guys over 60, 1 over 70.

Stars have 3 guys over 60, 1 over 70 1 over 80

Blues have 1 guy over 60(2 others with 60 point paces) and a remarkable defense

Kings have 2 guys over 60 1 over 70

Hawks gonna have 2 guys over 70, 1 close to 100

Panthers have 1 guy over 60, 3 others with 60 point paces

Ducks gonna have 2 guys over 60 and excellent defense

Lightning have 2 guys over 60.

Sharks have 2 guys over 70.

Basically, scoring has went down but that don't mean he's a top line guy. It means he's good enough to hold down a top line position while someone else on the team is killing it to compensate, and even then, it probably means you a fringe contender cause other team's have killer talent down the middle.

Who's that guy for the Sens? Mark Stone, I take it. But that's not enough. Since we don't have elite defense or a top 5 goalie, we need 1-2 more 60 point wingers. Will Bobby Ryan and Hoffman please stand up.

If Ryan and Hoffman and Stone all score over 60 points then yea, I'd think of bringing in couturier cause he might look respectable even if he's occupying our "top line" but even then, i'd prefer Zibanejad cause he looks more likely to score 60+

Since 2011:

Crosby vs Couturier 5v5: 1.63 GF/60, 42.9 GF%
Crosby without Couturier 5v5 : 3.63 GF/60, 61.7% GF%

Malkin vs Couturier 5v5: 2.16 GF/60, 30.0% GF%
Malkin without Couturier 5v5: 3.18 GF/60, 58.7% GF%

And bear in mind that vs them Couturier gets:

vs Crosby: 32.6% OZ starts
vs Malkin: 17.1% OZ starts

Your move ;)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just don't get refs anymore. I extremely doubt that the Flyers were clean throughout the whole game to only warrant one penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad