Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Flyers Apr. 2 1 p.m. Eastern| MOD Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Lee Versage just said he would actually want Cameron to come back next season..

Why??

Not sure, all I could guess, would be the options are awful.
Boston hates Julien and Habs hate Therrien, so don't want any of those.
Maybe if Hitch gets let go.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Not sure all I could guess, would be the options are awful.

You serious? If the Bruins (stupidly!) let go of Julien we should be all over that. All over it. He would be maybe my top pick in the world as coach here except maybe Quienville.

Julien would get like $20 million over 4 or 5 years if he was available. And he would be worth it.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You serious? If the Bruins (stupidly!) let go of Julien we should be all over that. All over it. He would be maybe my top pick in the world as coach here except maybe Quienville.

Julien would get like $20 million over 4 or 5 years if he was available. And he would be worth it.

Briuns would tell you otherwise, and if he wants 20 million over 4/5 years then we know he's not coming here.
As we will still be paying Mac and Cameron not to coach.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Not sure, all I could guess, would be the options are awful.

The Bruins have a top 10 PP and a top 10 PK.

It's hard to understate how gigantic the improvement would be if Julien could get us to middle of the pack.

We're bottom 3 in both currently.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Why??

Is this really much of a mystery? Lee Versage is a moron. His opinions are less than worthless. The guy is a complete waste of space in the Ottawa Sports media scene. He just seems alright when you put him next to a guy like Don Brennan.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Claude Julien is an elite coach. Totally elite. He has the Bruins and their AHL team playing the same system. The Bruins have been great for his whole tenure.

Most of the dumb moves recently by the Bruins seem a power play by Neely... Apparently not liking both their elite GM Chiarelli, gone to Edmonton, and Julien... And Seguin.

If Boston gets rid of Julien it would be foolish of Neely. Incredibly so. But it is possible apparently.

yoplait

May 4, 2011
If either of Julien or Hitch get let go and we cant find a way to sign them, I would be pretty irate with management.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yep. If Julien walks, I'm sure we'll be all over that. He would be the perfect fit here in every way.

Just look what he's done with such an underwhelming Bruins team tbis season. They are over achieving even while Rask isn't playing great. He would make this team into a playoff contender if we made a few decent roster moves.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yep. If Julien walks, I'm sure we'll be all over that. He would be the perfect fit here in every way.

Just look what he's done with such an underwhelming Bruins team tbis season. They are over achieving even while Rask isn't playing great. He would make this team into a playoff contender if we made a few decent roster moves.

If Julien leaves Boston and we don't offer him the gig here, I don't know what to say. I mean, he might not be interested in coming, but if he is we should meet his demands, be they 5 mil per or whatever.

Why? Because with a decent coach, we make the playoffs, which means extra revenue and Julien pays for himself.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
If Julien leaves Boston and we don't offer him the gig here, I don't know what to say. I mean, he might not be interested in coming, but if he is we should meet his demands, be they 5 mil per or whatever.

Why? Because with a decent coach, we make the playoffs, which means extra revenue and Julien pays for himself.

I have heard so many times how Julien controls the style of their AHL team. They play "Bruins" hockey. Which they say is having all the players in the same zone moving up and down the ice together supporting each other.

Babcock is also totally working with the Marlies.

I would love Julien in on this team. Hiring all the staff and coaches in the NHL and AHL and really working both together to all play a winning style of hockey.

Get a good GM willing to give real control to Julien and have a total focused plan. Murray can be the President and relinquish control of the team and be an elder that everyone can ask for his insight but that isn't pulling strings in the background just being there as a grandfather figure.

I would love that so much. We really do have sizeable and deep talent on our roster and if we could figure out good systems and smarter play we could contend soon, even next season.

Hope it happens. But unlikely.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I have heard so many times how Julien controls the style of their AHL team. They play "Bruins" hockey. Which they say is having all the players in the same zone moving up and down the ice together supporting each other.

Babcock is also totally working with the Marlies.

I would love Julien in on this team. Hiring all the staff and coaches in the NHL and AHL and really working both together to all play a winning style of hockey.

Get a good GM willing to give real control to Julien and have a total focused plan. Murray can be the President and relinquish control of the team and be an elder that everyone can ask for his insight but that isn't pulling strings in the background just being there as a grandfather figure.

I would love that so much. We really do have sizeable and deep talent on our roster and if we could figure out good systems and smarter play we could contend soon, even next season.

Hope it happens. But unlikely.

To the bold, McLean introduced this with us and Bingo.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
To the bold, McLean introduced this with us and Bingo.

Not like Babcock or Julien. I mean every team tries to do this. Boston and Julien. Detroit/Babcock. Do it at an elite level over many seasons. I want that.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I watched most of the game today. I saw bobby fall a lot.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Not like Babcock or Julien. I mean every team tries to do this. Boston and Julien. Detroit/Babcock. Do it at an elite level over many seasons. I want that.

No, we did exactly this with Maclean and Richardson. That was part of the reason so many of our call ups were so damn successful in that shortened season. They deliberately played the same systems.

Othello*

We were successful in the shortened season because of Andy, Bishop and Lehner.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011

Actually I was trying to bring this up in the fresh blood new management thread.

It seems like things for other teams are advancing at a rate that we are not.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
Is this really much of a mystery? Lee Versage is a moron. His opinions are less than worthless. The guy is a complete waste of space in the Ottawa Sports media scene. He just seems alright when you put him next to a guy like Don Brennan.

Totally agree. Versage's opinions are just pure noise and his tone is annoying as hell.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa

Why??
i guess you would ask players if they'd be comfortable having him back, but having him back on a short leash could work if there aren't good options available during the off-season.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
No playoffs AND not in a spot to get a top pick either.

Mr. Below Average, strikes again.

Doomed to an eternity of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad