Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Ducks Feb. 25 The Bobby Ryan Show Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Lol no i dont care about gritty. I also think feelcing a team takes some skill or at least shows some prowess .

Sucking and then drafting a consensus 1st or 2nd overall potentially generational players shows nothing lol I like hard work+smart moves to be rewarded

I'd rather have a winning team over a losing team that makes smart moves and works hard but falls short.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'd rather have a winning team over a losing team that makes smart moves and works hard but falls short.

lol and thats why when i said my opinion i also stated i was in the minority. I wouldnt ditch the team if we won mcdavid. It would just take a little out of every win for me

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
It doesn't work this way.
Senators are not in rebuild. Core is signed for the next 5 years. If they suck you are basically stuck with them. That would be the definition of a losing team. Why would a fan want that for their team?
3rd overall won't convert a bunch of losers into a contender over the summer lol.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
It doesn't work this way.
Senators are not in rebuild. Core is signed for the next 5 years. If they suck you are basically stuck with them. That would be the definition of a losing team. Why would a fan want that for their team?
3rd overall won't convert a bunch of losers into a contender over the summer lol.

You assume a lot in this statement — namely, that progression will probably stagnate. Nobody has any way of knowing that, or that the core will suck. Adding a high-end talent to the team can only improve them. There's very little downside.

And even in the worst case scenario where the progression DOES stagnate, you can sell off those who aren't contributing and start with a building block already in place.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Concur with this.

We are just learning to play together as a team. The core is young and full of potential as Pageau, Zibanejad, Lazar, Hoffman, Stone, Ceci, Lehner and co. get their feet wet. There isn't a GM in the league that would not like one or more of them on their team. And more are coming.

I feel we have the "wrong" vets to fill the leadership roles and eat minutes, but Ryan, Turris, MacArthur, Karlsson, Methot, Anderson, et al are quickly learning to be those guys.

Hopefully this gets addressed in the next week; at least in the off-season.

With a great draft and maybe a UFA signing, we will be set for years to come. Next year, if we can move what we need to move to allow the youth to expand their roles, we will be a playoff team; and not just a last week sneaker.

SensEnforcer

Nov 23, 2008
Melbourne
Concur with this.

We are just learning to play together as a team. The core is young and full of potential as Pageau, Zibanejad, Lazar, Hoffman, Stone, Ceci, Lehner and co. get their feet wet. There isn't a GM in the league that would not like one or more of them on their team. And more are coming.

I feel we have the "wrong" vets to fill the leadership roles and eat minutes, but Ryan, Turris, MacArthur, Karlsson, Methot, Anderson, et al are quickly learning to be those guys.

Hopefully this gets addressed in the next week; at least in the off-season.

With a great draft and maybe a UFA signing, we will be set for years to come. Next year, if we can move what we need to move to allow the youth to expand their roles, we will be a playoff team; and not just a last week sneaker.

i dont think lazar is quite in the core, he is very young and we dont know what we have just yet, imo he gets some development time in the ahl next season

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Unless Lazar goes on a ridiculous tear to close out the year he needs to start the year in the AHL and not get called up until he starts scoring consistently in that league

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Can Hammond get his 3rd win in a row?

This will be huge test for Hammond.

I will unfortunately most likely miss the first period since i won't be home.

I will be out until 10:30 so I will be chasing the recording that starts at 10:00 pm. Another late night to 12:30 in the morning. :)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
4 day break could not have come at any worse possible time than this when we were gaining some momentum and looked solid in these 2 back to back wins to make a push into the playoffs.

I have a feeling that we will come out rusty vs the ducks, adding the west coast timing swings, and adding the fact we are playing a bunch of top teams of the west a few games in a row. This could really be a make or break stretch of games for the Sens.

A 4 day break should be a good rest and recovery period for teams, not a liability that leads to rust or loss of momemtum. Good teams would take advantage of it. If the Senators don't play well out west, then they are not stepping up to the challenge they face and put themselves in during the season so far.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
news just said Anderson would be making the trip... is he the backup, or just hanging out in case he's ready soon ?

Tyler Ray ‏@DefenseMinister · 17h17 hours ago
Craig Anderson drags his carcass on the ice today because you will not stop an NHLer in Ottawa from going on a February California trip.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Tyler Ray ‏@DefenseMinister · 17h17 hours ago
Craig Anderson drags his carcass on the ice today because you will not stop an NHLer in Ottawa from going on a February California trip.

Yeah, I'm not sure Andy would be so in a hurry to get on the plane to a Calgary/Edmonton/Winnipeg trip. :laugh:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
So no D was called up to fill Cowen's spot?

Nothing yet. We do have 6 healthy defenders and a mystery injury Phillips, though.

The are just going to sub in one of the pylons from the skating drills.

One of these bad boys I'd imagine.

ISL-Pylon1-200x200.jpg

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Seriously, if I was Wideman why would I even consider resigning as UFA with Sens this summer?

Because 3 of our defenders are fairly terrible and easily replaced, which opens up chances to play.

I'd be shocked if we haven't moved at least one D by the deadline, and another in the offseason.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'd sign with what ever team gives me the best chance to make the NHL. If it happens to be the sens then i sign with them

With us inevitably purging 2 to 3 defencemen in the next 2 years, he seems like the first in line for his chance. I'd be surprised if he went elsewhere. This isn't a tough D lineup to crack compared so others around the league. We have 3-4 bottom pairing guys playing on the team every night.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I would liek to see wideman play! It would be nice if we could have puck moving skills on each pairing

Methot - Karlsson
Cowan - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

I know Ceci isnt really putting up the points like it was inticipated but he is only in his second year. I still have lots of faith in him.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I would liek to see wideman play! It would be nice if we could have puck moving skills on each pairing

Methot - Karlsson
Cowan - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

I know Ceci isnt really putting up the points like it was inticipated but he is only in his second year. I still have lots of faith in him.

Ya, I really don't think anyone is too worried about Ceci's apparent drop in play. It's all about patience - he broke out much sooner than expected.

Nice top 6.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I love winning as much as the next fan but you guys are nuts if you think we're making the playoffs. I will take a very high draft pick in this year's draft over finishing 5 points adrift of the playoffs and a reduced draft position. This isn't to say that I am cheering for them to lose, but I don't understand how anyone thinks this team is making the playoffs. I see this mini streak of two games and all I can think of us is the Anderson trade which dropped us down a few spots in the draft.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I love winning as much as the next fan but you guys are nuts if you think we're making the playoffs. I will take a very high draft pick in this year's draft over finishing 5 points adrift of the playoffs and a reduced draft position. This isn't to say that I am cheering for them to lose, but I don't understand how anyone thinks this team is making the playoffs. I see this mini streak of two games and all I can think of us is the Anderson trade which dropped us down a few spots in the draft.

No one is thinking this team is making the playoffs jeez.
Simply some people want prospects to breakout into solid top-6/top-4 players and core veterans to prove they are good as opposed to bust on all levels like fans from #teamtank want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad