Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Ducks Feb. 25 The Bobby Ryan Show Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Hammond can do it, he's been sharp lately.

This is a crucial trips for the Sens if they want to make the playoffs. They're still 7 pts back of Boston because they beat Chicago today.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Hammond can do it, he's been sharp lately.

This is a crucial trips for the Sens if they want to make the playoffs. They're still 7 pts back of Boston because they beat Chicago today.

Senators are currently 9 points back after Boston's win today, I imagine the standings weren't updated when you checked.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
4 day break could not have come at any worse possible time than this when we were gaining some momentum and looked solid in these 2 back to back wins to make a push into the playoffs.

I have a feeling that we will come out rusty vs the ducks, adding the west coast timing swings, and adding the fact we are playing a bunch of top teams of the west a few games in a row. This could really be a make or break stretch of games for the Sens.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yeah, seriously, who the hell made this schedule? You don't give any team a 4-day break right in the thick of it. I mean they're not making the playoffs anyway, but if they were on the bubble, this would kill the momentum.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
1412246368-DuckHuntFa-o.png

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I still feel like I'm missing something..

A week or two ago around here it was a funeral pyre with the full on tank / firesale talk, and because we had our first 2 game winning streak since Dec 29-Jan 3.. there is renewed hope we can squeak into playoffs?

I realize that is far from a consensus position, but man these boards can be a wild ride.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

A week or two ago around here it was a funeral pyre with the full on tank / firesale talk, and because we had our first 2 game winning streak since Dec 29-Jan 3.. there is renewed hope we can squeak into playoffs?

I realize that is far from a consensus position, but man these boards can be a wild ride.

It's better than constant negativity...

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Senators are currently 9 points back after Boston's win today, I imagine the standings weren't updated when you checked.

9 points with 2 games in hand. Virtually 5 points behind Boston. 3-4 games winning streak and we are in game again. Which is impossible. ;)

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Winning 2 games with a borderline AHL goalie made the optimists come out of their shells. Winning one of those games against the habs brought out the smugness
(for lack of a better word) in our fanbase lol

Personally i'd rather us finish 4th-10th. Dont want to finish in no mans land no matter what. Ideally we make the playoffs but i just think thats so unlikely that i'd rather us get a really good draft pick but not MacDavid or Eichel

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Fun stat line of the day.

Chris Neil and Mark Borowiecki are even in the following categories:

Games (38)
Points (7)
+\- (5)
PIM (78)
Shots (23)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Winning 2 games with a borderline AHL goalie made the optimists come out of their shells. Winning one of those games against the habs brought out the smugness

Personally i'd rather us finish 4th-10th. Dont want to finish in no mans land no matter what. Ideally we make the playoffs but i just think thats so unlikely that i'd rather us get a really good draft pick but not MacDavid or Eichel

It is quite strange that you would not want McDavid or Eichel.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Gotta look forward to something. Those are the two options when reaching for a brass ring - it's either playoffs or McEichel.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You know that to get either of them you need to finish LAST, right?
I think our chances of winning Stanley Cup right now are higher than finishing last.

I think you misinterpreted my post.

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
You know that to get either of them you need to finish LAST, right?
I think our chances of winning Stanley Cup right now are higher than finishing last.

Or win the lottery. We don't NEED to be worse than Buffalo or Edmonton — all we'd need is a lucky bounce of a ping-pong ball.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

combination of us winning 2 in a row and bruins losing 6 of their last 7 (2 were OT losses)

before that it looked bleak at best, i think before bostons losing streak and ottawas recent wins we were at 1% odds on Sportsclubstats for making the playoffs, now its 8.3 which is something

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Playoffs aren't happening.

But,

Great young team + 10th overall >>> 3rd overall + Crappy team full of busts and washed up veterans

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002

ive read where you said that before and honestly it may be one of the most ridiculous things ive ever read on these boards.
i mean honestly.
i suppose if we were in the position to fleece a team on a trade we probably shouldnt do that either since it wouldnt be a real enough gritty rebuild for you.

absurd.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
ive read where you said that before and honestly it may be one of the most ridiculous things ive ever read on these boards.
i mean honestly.
i suppose if we were in the position to fleece a team on a trade we probably shouldnt do that either since it wouldnt be a real enough gritty rebuild for you.

absurd.

Lol no i dont care about gritty. I also think feelcing a team takes some skill or at least shows some prowess .

Sucking and then drafting a consensus 1st or 2nd overall potentially generational players shows nothing lol I like hard work+smart moves to be rewarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad