Low Effort GDT Sens @ Devils 7pm on TSN - Chumbawamba edition

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
That's #1 line of Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson is a beauty, they're will be a dominant line for years to come for the Sens! That's 1-2-3 wins in a row pretty good boys let's keep it up!!
Definitely. Now we need to get a 2nd line. We have nothing going on after that top line (which is fantastic).

Reactions: KingAlfie11

Urkie

Mar 21, 2007
Yep. Skip the mdz bullshit and get a legit 2nd line player and a 2nd pairing righty. Which...should have been done in the off season obviously
It is a real shame that Pinto got hurt. I think he certainly would have made a big difference. But the lack of depth was clear. You shouldn’t rely on a rookie center to be in your top 6 with basically no depth if you have a few injuries. It’s clear the top players on this team are damn good players but if they have bad nights there is no one to pick up the slack.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
5wwwym.jpg

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
If they could clean up their starts and actually look like they are ready to play the game from puck drop they might be able to win a few more games.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Yep. Skip the mdz bullshit and get a legit 2nd line player and a 2nd pairing righty. Which...should have been done in the off season obviously

We need to develop the players we have in our system, rather than trading them for rentals. Then we will have what we need. We aren't at a point where we can go and get bonafide wingers, or sign awesome free agents or get rentals yet. What we need is to be patient and let our young prospects develop. Then we see what we have, then we start building more of a playoff/cup contender type of team. Right now I just want to see this team have a nice long win streak. Stützle is developing fine with Brown as a winger. Paul isn't stunting Timmay's growth either. I already see Stu's all around game improving.

Reactions: KingAlfie11

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
2nd line would look a whole lot better if Pinto was healthy. I like Paul, but the guy is a bottom 6 player and is clearly holding back that line offensively.

It is really crappy that we lost Pinto so early. I was extremely excited for him to show off his 200ft prowess. Hopefully he heals quickly from surgery.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The only somewhat "blessing in disguise" from Pinto getting injured is Stützle playing center and looking good doing so. He might stick there for good, and we would legitimately go from "weak" center depth to "deep" center depth just like that.

Norris
Stützle
Pinto

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Stutzle at centre is fun to watch because he gets to carry the puck more, but I wish he had better linemates.

I get the idea that Brown & Paul being his wingers can defensively shelter him a bit, but DJ matches that line against other teams top lines to shut them down and his offence is suffering as a result.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
We need to develop the players we have in our system, rather than trading them for rentals. Then we will have what we need. We aren't at a point where we can go and get bonafide wingers, or sign awesome free agents or get rentals yet. What we need is to be patient and let our young prospects develop. Then we see what we have, then we start building more of a playoff/cup contender type of team. Right now I just want to see this team have a nice long win streak. Stützle is developing fine with Brown as a winger. Paul isn't stunting Timmay's growth either. I already see Stu's all around game improving.
Agree with you completely!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad