Low Effort GDT Sens @ Devils 7pm on TSN - Chumbawamba edition

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I had myself all mentally prepared to lose this one. Three in a row? Yarite. But hey, they went out there and proved me wrong, so hats off

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
My friends, we are in serious, serious danger of losing out in the special talent we have in Chabot and overworking him to the ground before we start to contend.

That's 2 games in a row he's been momentous. He's been our everything from defense to offense. We need to get him help. Fortunately enough, we are going to get him a solid 2 way top 4 D in a few months for depth support but we must acquire another top 4 RD.

We must. I

I cannot sustain watching Chabot put up performances like that knowing it's probably taking away from his shelf life the way he's carrying the team hard; I already have traumatic flashbacks to EK; one would wonder what place he'd go down in history if he played with Seabrook, Campbell, Oduya, Hjammerson etc. We must get Chabot help. He/We simply cannot wait until Thomson and JBD are full fledged top 4 and we cannot impede Sanderson's transition by giving him Zaitsev.

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Miller/Klingberg
Holden-Thomson

Let's go. Dorion DO SOMETHING THIS OFF-SEASON.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
The only teams on that list that scare me are Florida and Washington

Islanders are tied with us in the standings and have lost 11 in a row
Philly is a mess and they just fired their coach
Boston is 21st in the league
St Louis is 15th
Canes we already beat
Pittsburgh also not great, and we already beat
Tampa not scary you are right…

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Great we got the win...But NJ had the puck for most of that game,and should have beaten us if they werent terrible at finishing

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

This is what I don’t get and what worries me. We made TONS of mistakes. We especially made tons of mistakes in the last ten minutes. The fake of the matter is that it’s impossibly to win zero games in the NHL. Like are DJ and Dorion that fooled by scorelines?

Not only that but the mistake he is talking about and "earlier in the year" is basically last week.. Which is true because it was earlier but it make is statement a bad one.

Sometimes his choice of word are not exactly great. He isn't a good talker.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Paul takes the 4 faceoffs i. The offensive and defensive zone, while Timmy takes the neutral zone ones, while he learns the craft.
Is there a difference in the order of player putting their stick first on the ice between the offensive, Neutral and defensive zone?

Stutzle won 3/5 faceoff last night. Paul 2/5.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
We need to develop the players we have in our system, rather than trading them for rentals. Then we will have what we need. We aren't at a point where we can go and get bonafide wingers, or sign awesome free agents or get rentals yet. What we need is to be patient and let our young prospects develop. Then we see what we have, then we start building more of a playoff/cup contender type of team. Right now I just want to see this team have a nice long win streak. Stützle is developing fine with Brown as a winger. Paul isn't stunting Timmay's growth either. I already see Stu's all around game improving.
I'd kick the tires on a right handed dman with term who moves the needle if I was Dorion. Probably more than a forward.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

This is what I don’t get and what worries me. We made TONS of mistakes. We especially made tons of mistakes in the last ten minutes. The fake of the matter is that it’s impossibly to win zero games in the NHL. Like are DJ and Dorion that fooled by scorelines?

This is where you need a strong GM to evaluate what you actually have.

Vancouver got it right when they realized beating MTL and OTT was a smokescreen

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Is there a difference in the order of player putting their stick first on the ice between the offensive, Neutral and defensive zone?

Stutzle won 3/5 faceoff last night. Paul 2/5.
Away team, sticks down first I believe, unless it’s changed.

Reactions: Viletho

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not only that but the mistake he is talking about and "earlier in the year" is basically last week.. Which is true because it was earlier but it make is statement a bad one.

Sometimes his choice of word are not exactly great. He isn't a good talker.
He's a cheerleader. The forwards still are not sorting out coverage as they backcheck and come back into the zone. Some guys attack the puck carrier while some guys are passive and lay off. Even in the offensive zone how many times do we see a single senator player in puck battles with 2 or 3 opposition players with no support at all and players standing still waiting for the puck to come out. The lack of fundamental execution which at this point in the season has to point to coaching is astounding.. This team may improve but it will be more about what the players figure out for themselves imo.. and that will likely happen.. it just takes more time.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Great we got the win...But NJ had the puck for most of that game,and should have beaten us if they werent terrible at finishing
True. Their skaters were much faster as well. We got the W though, so that's good obviously.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Batherson is damn good. He and Chabot are clearly the best players on the team right now - with Chucky third.

Goodness, watching Batherson's zone entries and awareness and shot are so refreshing.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Batherson is damn good. He and Chabot are clearly the best players on the team right now - with Chucky third.

Goodness, watching Batherson's zone entries and awareness and shot are so refreshing.

His game and his physical maturity have really come along. Hands , vision, passing, physicality, puck battles.. His release and his shot are outstanding. Top line RW.

I think Norris has been good as well but not great even though he leads the team in goals 10, 4 on the PP. I do think as Stutzle gains more strength and experience at C he could grow into our #1C. To me it looks like Batherson and Tkachuk have taken another step while Norris has stayed about the same but that can change .. he has a little less experience and his step is still to come.

Speaks to how good Batherson has been and also the lack of depth on this team but when Batherson has been out of the lineup it leaves a huge hole. Batherson is rolling along with 20 pts in 18 games.

Tkachuk has 18 pts in 20 games , all at even strength. He has definitely shaken off any rust he had from the late start now.

We are a 1 line team. That may not be fair to Stu and C Brown perhaps, but we do not have a complete 2nd line. Everyone is willing to live with that but when we played the best D together Chabot and Zub.. there was a lot of clamoring to break that pair up to balance it out... we don't have that same clamoring with the forwards. While Chabot and Zub have been good... they were great together.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
5wwwym.jpg

He's tied for 3rd in P/GP among RWers.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

burf

Mar 27, 2012

I agree with this. I also think he lost a step because of COVID, but still looks like the best player on the team. To me, he was noticeably quicker before his COVID break, and he's been a bit slower or a touch behind on the play after coming back.

e: For Stutzle/Brown, I think they should try sticking Ennis or Sanford on their line. Both of those guys play with a lot of skill. Paul's great on the forecheck and at getting pucks, but he doesn't seem to do much with what Stutzle sets up for him. I think Sanford or Ennis might be better able to capitalize. I think they need to keep Formenton far away from Stutzle. Formenton cheats way too much in the d-zone to play with Stutzle, who has turnover/puck battle problems himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Get Stuetzle a different winger on his line, but that was a fun game. I hope we can keep building some momentum!

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Get Stuetzle a different winger on his line, but that was a fun game. I hope we can keep building some momentum!
Timmy is so quick and creative, it's taking his own teammates time to get used to him. Every game there's a couple of great setups that go to waste because the recipient isn't ready to handle his pass.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3